• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Ezio

I'm going to be grabbing some more beer and streaming ac4 if anyone is interested look up sorrows live and that's me but don't mind my drunkenness lol

nataku

The feed is acting strange for me. Probably an issue with SEN being down or something, but some of the streams that tell what I did say my full name (which I don't want) and some say my PSN ID (which I want). My profile is correctly set to display my PSN ID and not use my real name.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is great, I'm broadcasting AC4. No one's watching, but its still really cool. So I could basically turn on broadcasting for every single thing I play, and no performance hit?

SRTtoZ

Got the chance to play it for a couple hours, love the controller, no problem so far, just noticed the top of the console on the matte near the vents was a bit warm after a 2 hr session of Shadowfall, I take it that is normal?

BTW how'd you guys go, Vertical or Horizontal?

I went vertical because of space issues. I had it horizontal when I bought it but it was in a cubby and was getting very hot, so I moved it to the side of my TV vertically and now its nice and cool and looks swag.

This is great, I'm broadcasting AC4. No one's watching, but its still really cool. So I could basically turn on broadcasting for every single thing I play, and no performance hit?

link ur twitch ill watch some :)

i think it might be running on secondary chip. but only time it might take a hit is when your connection drop.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My boss is really lobbying for us to get out by 7. I need to make a quick stop at Gamestop on the way home, since it looks like they have LEGO Marvel in stock, and me and my wife are really, really looking forward to playing it. Unfortunately, I have to catch the bus home. If I leave any later than 7...well, shit.

I was going to download it, but these PSN errors are turning me off of that plan. I also have pretty shit internet. Besides, I'm thinking of saving my $20 credit to buy Tearaway for Vita next Friday.

And yeah, the controller is fantastic.

I've been playing Rogue Legacy on my Surface Pro, using my PS4 controller. It's been fucking amazing. Last night, I was playing it on the bus ride home like a boss. Lol. My Vita has been tucked in my back due to Rogue Legacy. And I'm totally going to double dip when it finally hits the PS4/Vita next year. Great game.

Is there another section beside privacy settings where you need to disable the show your real name options? I have it turned off in privacy settings but it still shows my real name.

Is the PSN Store not working for anybody else? I got signed into PSN, did the update, created my profile, etc. Everything works fine, but the PSN store won't open. Is it under maintenance?

j-wood

Is there a way to stop the fucking UI from teleporting back to the first default tile everytime the SEN maintenance message hits? It's frustrating me to no end. I'm trying to look at settings and friends or whatever and then i keep getting kicked back

For the PlayRoom and the iPad app, how do you draw things like they did on Jimmy Fallon? I go into PR and then open up the PS App for the iPad and it says "Second Screen Not In Use".

Any ideas?

Vlade

Ok, first bad thing about the controller... the right bumper sticks sometimes when i am spamming it in bf.... I have to be super careful to press it rapidly

j-wood

I keep getting bumped out of apps and back to the Home screen. You guys too?

Yes. So freaking annoying. I think it's because of the SEN going in and out. Every time it goes out and the "SEN is currently undergoing maintenace" message pops up on the home screen, i get kicked back to it.

coldfoot

Banned
Here are some notes:

1. iPhone bundled heatset works great with the DS4. Audio through controller also works wonderfully. Can play until the late hours without waking everyone up.
2. DS4 is amazing, you don't even notice you're holding it after an hour of play
3. KZ Shadowfall is incredible, I love the new open gameplay style, shame that reviews say it becomes a corridor shooter later.
4. I quit KZ, tried to log in to PSN again, it worked, did all sorts of setup, then I wanted to go back to KZ, it took less than a SECOND! That really wowed me. I'm amazed.
5. Controller battery ran out quickly but I was using the headphones + not fully charged to begin with.

C-Drive

Is there a way to stop the fucking UI from teleporting back to the first default tile everytime the SEN maintenance message hits? It's frustrating me to no end. I'm trying to look at settings and friends or whatever and then i keep getting kicked back

Gets on my nerves too. Seems like something easily fixed in a later update for the software.

Mononoke

Banned
So I have to say, I'm actually enjoying Knack quite a bit. I like the tone of the story, and just the overall feel of it. I know the game will get worse as it goes on, just for the fact that there isn't more moves or variety. But I like it so far.

However, why does Knack have such bad frame rate drops when the graphics aren't that intensive? You would think since Cerny worked on it too, the game would be 60 FPS. But even a stable 30FPS would have been much better.

I'm also kind of noticing a lot of FPS drop in Contrast. Which again, I don't get. Given the power of PS4, and how the game looks (I actually like the art design of this game, but it doesn't really push the limits). So what is it, just bad optimization? That is my ONLY gripe so far with the PS4. Resogun plays fantastic. Killzone plays fantastic. Knack + Contrast has issues. Hell, even Call of Duty Ghosts didn't have any FPS problems (I notice like, a slight drop but it was so rare and quick, that it wasn't even an issue).

Haven't played Assassin's Creed IV yet. But I'm just going to guess it will have some FPS drop too.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Whew finally able to get on PSN. I'm downloading BF4 now... why is it only 6 gigs? I thought the install size was 40?

Robot Pants

Got mine and set it up with no problems whatsoever. Used my old hdmi cable that was plugged into my 360 not the one they sent and it worked right off the bat (except sound. Had to restart to get sound. ) now I'm installing the 1.5 update. Hope that goes well

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guess the countdown for EU has really begun now since half of NA seems to be enjoying their consoles :(

#EUHYPE

Any headphones that use the same jack should work fine.

I tried using both apple (ipod default whatever) and my standard headphones and both would only have audio in the left ear during headphone volume adjustment in the device settings, and when I backed out they didn't have any volume. Can't play them through the TV either because I couldn't find the option to adjust headphone volume.

Top Bottom