• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
So far I've survived - updated to 1.5 and downloading flower and resogun - not sure if ill open killzone or ac4

Also would it kill them send a charged controller ?

reKon

Banned
This controller feels so great and so far my system has been running fine! But what's up the multitasking lag I'm seeing after downloading and installing Amazon Video... FIX THIS GG. Speaking of them, Killzone Shadowfall looks incredible so far. Thank you next gen.

Also, the Playstation Live thing is pretty great. I was making dinner so I turned on a match and so some guy playing Killzone SF MP. It was pretty funny stuff.

OK everything is working fine with my system. Everything is so fast. I was so shocked how fast the PSN store loads up. Just downloaded Resogun and played one map. Holy fuck.

banjo5150

Is the PSN Store not working for anybody else? I got signed into PSN, did the update, created my profile, etc. Everything works fine, but the PSN store won't open. Is it under maintenance?

I had the same issue, was dying to play Resogun. I could not get in the store on PS4. So I used the PS App on my tablet and was able to start the download that way and it downloaded on PS4. Worked like a charm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, fl0wer on PS4 is 1080p@60fps?

Did I say I love the gyro typing? I love the gyro typing.

Also my system seems fine. Looks like Warframe combined with PSN wonkiness kept causing hard locks

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Is there no option to have voice chat just play over the TV when you have a headset/headphones plugged in? The only options I've found are "Chat Audio" or "All Audio". I want to use the microphone, but I've got my own pair of headphones for sound. It kind of ruins the mic thing if I can't hear anyone's voices.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can't download the update because it just says it crashed or didn't get a response from the server. Can't use USB because it says USB storage device not connected when it is.

kendrid

Banned
Does the touchpad on the controller work with the main menus? Mine does not work there or in the browser. I have a feeling it's broken.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Jesus Christ how the fuck do I use the headset haha. I am plugging it on to talk to some buds, and the mic is on, but no sound comes through the small speaker or do people hear me

Guys I have been playing bf4 offline for 2 hours now. The game crashed once but the system neves did. I was able to go to menu and close app and open again. Anyways do you think its safe to go online and update?

NYR

How d you make your facebook profile pic your default profile pic? Mine is still kratos, one of the stock images. I already linked my account to facebook and selected to import my profile pic....

I see it under settings but it doesn't appear that way in my feed or my profile.

Aerogamer

Neo Member
Battlefield 4 looks great, I'd advise people to let the console breathe and not shove it in a tight space, it needs to release heat. Also I recommend a Squaretrade warranty, they are a reliable company and you can buy directly from there website within 30 days or something from purchase. I ended up getting a deal and am covered till 2017, so peace of mind.

Even though I set my settings to be just my PSN ID on my screen it shows my avatar and real name -- I'm assuming that's normal and not controlled by that other setting? Any way to change that?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Battlefield 4 looks great, I'd advise people to let the console breathe and not shove it in a tight space, it needs to release heat. Also I recommend a Squaretrade warranty, they are a reliable company and you can buy directly from there website within 30 days or something from purchase. I ended up getting a deal and am covered till 2017, so peace of mind.
How did you get a deal?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Jesus Christ how the fuck do I use the headset haha. I am plugging it on to talk to some buds, and the mic is on, but no sound comes through the small speaker or do people hear me

You might have to push it in a bit further. Not if it looks like it's breaking or anything, but I thought I had it securely fit into the controller, but nothing worked, so I pushed it a bit more and the plug complied, and everything was wonderful once more.

I tried using both apple (ipod default whatever) and my standard headphones and both would only have audio in the left ear during headphone volume adjustment in the device settings, and when I backed out they didn't have any volume. Can't play them through the TV either because I couldn't find the option to adjust headphone volume.

Hold down the PS button and go to "Adjust Devices" on the controller to adjust headphone volume. I found that no matter what headset you plug in, if you set "output to headphones" to "chat audio", it'll only come out the left ear, if you set "all audio" the PS4 will pip all audio to your headphones. Personally I love this all audio feature, I can now retire my Astro Mixamp :)

GQman2121

Banned
Too much new shit is dependent on Facebook. Sure, I'd love to have a photo of myself up there. But why the hell is that exclusive to Facebook? I have an account--I just don't use the damn thing. They should expand to Twitter or something else. Only having Facebook seems limiting for people who don't use the service.

Is there no way to view videos from a USB drive? I know MP3s are a no go for now, but even MP4s? Or am I missing something?

Guys, fl0wer on PS4 is 1080p@60fps?

I have it in my library, but can't download it. I'd really like to see what they've done with it.

Hawk269

There are some minor issues with stuff in the UI. When I was downloading some stuff, it was showing up twice in the download que, but at different file sizes. Deleting one, deleted both. A lot of little quirks here and there, but very stable as far as I can tell so far. Loving the console and the games.

Surprise launch title has been Knack. For kids, set it on normal or easy, fiancé is playing on easy. If you are a gamer, Hard is a must. It is challenging, you will die until you get the timing/patterns down etc. It is a pretty amazing game and visuals are a bit mixed, but some are just amazing looking with great textures and one hell of a view distance. No way in hell could this game been made on current gen..not a chance!

Hold down the PS button and go to "Adjust Devices" on the controller to adjust headphone volume. I found that no matter what headset you plug in, if you set "output to headphones" to "chat audio", it'll only come out the left ear, if you set "all audio" the PS4 will pip all audio to your headphones. Personally I love this all audio feature, I can now retire my Astro Mixamp :)

oh my god thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Hawk269

So the PSN store is down? Just got a message saying the service is undergoing maintenance.

This has been the bad thing about the launch. PSN has been very unstable. I know some have had no issues, but all day today it has been up and down for us. Tried 3 times throughout the day to get a profile made for my fiancé and finally was able to do it on the 4th try.

Outside of that it has been pretty smooth for me.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm semi-relieved that PSN download speeds are no where near as atrocious as they are on my PS3.

It took about an hour and a half to download 8 gigs. Still, no where near maxing out my connection (it's 5MB/s), but 8 gigs on the PS3 would have taken about 10-12 hours.

I'm hoping it's just because the servers are being slammed today.

Question: does BF4 support split screen multiplayer?

And can you begin downloading updates/patches by inserting a disc and then removing the disc and playing another game?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OK everything is working fine with my system. Everything is so fast. I was so shocked how fast the PSN store loads up. Just downloaded Resogun and played one map. Holy fuck.

Once you get the console alive, I think you should be fine. From the data we've been collecting, honestly it just seems like a number of these are just straight DOA. Which is...shocking, but whatever.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can't download the update because it just says it crashed or didn't get a response from the server. Can't use USB because it says USB storage device not connected when it is.
Use a different USb stick and it'll work. I had a few USB sticks that didn't work for whatever reason. I used a sandisk cruiser model and it worked finally

Grinchy

Banned
I'm sure it's written in the fine print somewhere, but I'm assuming that the 7-day PS+ trials for Killzone and BF4 won't stack with current subscriptions?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Question: does BF4 support split screen multiplayer?

And can you begin downloading updates/patches by inserting a disc and then removing the disc and playing another game?

I played KZ and AC4 before I was able to get on PSN.

I finally got on PSN, and it automatically started downloading updates for both games, and neither game was running or in the drive.

Top Bottom