• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I had pre-ordered BF4 on the PSN store to get the China Rising expansion.

When I went to the store to download it, it was pretty confusing. It had the price as 59.99, but the download button said free. When I pressed the download button, it said "add this game to the cart for 59.99?", and I clicked yes. It then started downloading the game.

I hope it didn't charge me $60... but all I did was add it to the cart, it never brought me to a confirm purchase button so I'm assuming it's all good...

Dubz

Lost all my progress in BF4...corrupt save file, and now the game crashes every time. I read a fix online, but I am not happy. KZSF MP is a lot of fun, and NBA 2K14 looks amazing, but it is taking forever to install. It's the only game I bought digitally, and the install looks like it will take all night, and I don't think it's installing unless I have it running.

I am very pleased. Killzone and Battlefield are what I expected them to be, pretty good and very nice eye candy.

I was worried about Knack because all of the reviews, but I really like it. I also enjoy the visuals of that game the most because of all the pretty colors. Audio works through the controller amazingly well. This will probably split time with my Roku 3. Sony really needs to get other services for sharing screenshots. I would prefer anything but Facebook and Twitter.
same question.

Hold the PS button it shows at the bottom

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Lost all my progress in BF4...corrupt save file, and now the game crashes every time. I read a fix online, but I am not happy. KZSF MP is a lot of fun, and NBA 2K14 looks amazing, but it is taking forever to install. It's the only game I bought digitally, and the install looks like it will take all night, and I don't think it's installing unless I have it running.

Was this on the digital or disc version? If it's the digital, is the solution to re-download the entire game?

Question:

I have set up my system to only display my profile name but all over my system and in the feed, it is listing my real name. Is this just on my console or are others seeing it as well?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Use a different USb stick and it'll work. I had a few USB sticks that didn't work for whatever reason. I used a sandisk cruiser model and it worked finally

I fixed it. It was formatted NTFS and apparently PS4 doesn't like that. Reformatted as FAT32 and it worked.

the_id

So what's the consensus so far as to the cause of the bricked ps4s? Is the problem widespread? I'm worried about our NZ consoles now.

jwk94

Hey guys, I'm holding a 24 hour stream right now. I'll be streaming Knack, Killzone and all of the PSN launch games. I'll also be giving away codes for Assault Android Cactus and some PS3, PS Vita, and a PS4 games through the stream.

Here's a link

Strider

UPS finally arrived with mine at 8. It was a loooooong wait.

I just downloaded the update and logged into PSN no problem though so that's awesome. I already love it.

Mononoke

Banned
Once you get the console alive, I think you should be fine. From the data we've been collecting, honestly it just seems like a number of these are just straight DOA. Which is...shocking, but whatever.

I'm shocked at how cool and quiet this system stays. I've been playing it non stop for almost 8 hours now.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So i thought the PS4 was able to store your game state in memory after going to standby. Is this not true? Is that only when the console is on? Just tried it with killzone and my whole console had to basically restart to a degree.

Anyone put any time into Super Motherload? I really can't find any impressions out there. There was a demo in the PS4 retail demo units, should have messed around with it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Is it safe to update to 1.50 via WiFi? I heard people's systems were getting bricked or something along those lines. >_<

Knack is undeserving of the hate. the graphics are great, the framerate is solid, the particles make my brain tingle, the use of the DS4 speaker is subtle but effective, and it feels like a good change of pace from not only all the other launch games, but all the other games i've been playing lately in general.

installed KZ earlier, but decided to put PS4 in standby and charge my controllers. taking a break for a bit and hanging with my lady before she goes to bed.

blown away by this system. i love the OS and i can't wait to see where Sony takes it. hopefully the PSN will be FULLY operational soon so i can download my PS+ titles, flower, and get my $10 credit.

Tiktaalik

Are there digital manuals for games? I've looked around the PS4 interface and nothing is jumping out at me. No mention of manuals in the FAQ. Surely there are manuals?!

viveks86

So i thought the PS4 was able to store your game state in memory after going to standby. Is this not true? Is that only when the console is on? Just tried it with killzone and my whole console had to basically restart to a degree.

It is true, but not for launch. Right now you can suspend the game as long as you don't turn your console off (power off or stand by). They plan to add this feature soon, don't know when.

GQman2121

Banned
Easy to see why the store redesign happened when it did. They clearly needed the time to test how it would run on a system capable of actually making it functional. It's lighting fast on PS4. Still wish they would go full screen with the menus, but these downloads are moving and transition screens are nonexistent.

so i had a question.

i'm gonna have two 7 day ps+ cards, a 30 day ps+ card and a 12 month ps+ card.

will they all work one after another? or should i use the 30 day first before the 12 month because i'm hearing they don't stack so if i use a 7 day first the 30 will become useless.

It keeps on saying Sony Entertainment Network is down for me, but the Store is working and I was able to download Resogun and Warframe. The Killzone update downloaded automatically too.

What's funny is when I'm browsing elsewhere in the menu and suddenly it kicks me out of what I was doing just to remind me that Sony Entertainment Network is down. That's actually a bit aggravating.

Top Bottom