• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

PerZona

So did anybody tried to login using a different region PSN account and still manage to play games online from it? Since other region's PS4's PSN store are not up yet.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Worst thing I can say about the interface is that maybe they should have shelled out for some new clip art for profile avatars. Looks like I avoided any PSN / update headaches.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I seriously doubt the average kid is going to be able to beat Knack on the normal difficulty setting. With that said, the PS4 is a pretty awesome machine. Really enjoying it so far. Just wish the store wasn't down for me - I really want to try out Resogun!

FIFA 14 is driving me nuts. The goalie does absolutely nothing and the physics system is pure trash... the biggest purchase regret that i had in the last 10 years lol wtf were you thinking EA?

Pain

Banned
Great launch. Was able to quickly download the update and install the two games I bought on PSN, plus the two freebies. Then I downloaded some demos including FIFA. All the while in Party chat with my bud and it never dropped us once. I am loving my PS4 right now!
We need more of these stories!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Played a bluray, so far so good. Ejected it and tried to play it from where i left off, endless looping wait screen...

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
This is pretty awesome:

l6Kvs4o.jpg

3 different smartphones connected at the same time

The "PS Dynamic Menu randomly popping up" bug is driving me crazy. It seems to happen when I first start or leave a game I'm playing. I haven't had any other issues so I have a lot to be thankful for so far. That bug just keeps happening though!

Enjoying your time as a PS4 beta tester? I know I am. Was playing Killzone and all of a sudden I'm in the UI. Thank god the game isn't crashing and you can jump right back in. Anyways it's a beautiful system. I haven't had time to check and see if I can change the blue background. It's driving me crazy

Hooking earbuds into the ds4 and getting game audio is a killer feature, omg
Yeah how cool is that? And that little speaker on the controller is neat in Resogun. Btw Resogun is amazing

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Can I just say how freaking great the DS4 is? Dat d-pad! It is so comfortable. My old criticism of the controller is that I don't really care for the placement of the option button. I often find myself hitting the touchpad instead. I'll probably get used to the placement eventually though. But man, really loving the D-pad, analog sticks, touch pad and triggers!

Damn Remote play looks amazing. Sony did an awesome job. If you dont have a Vita, pick one up.

Y'know, with all the money I'm spending on video games in the next two months, I talked myself out of getting the new model Vita that was just released here in Taiwan today, telling myself that it can wait.

You saying stuff like this puts me right back into the "buying it" category.

Why for u do dis thing?

My PS4 is really loud. Playing Killzone is unbearable :(

I'm in love with it otherwise. The UI is amazing and the sharing stuff is awesome.

Also Resogun is a damn fine game. Was not expecting it to be this good even after reading the praise.

How are the livestreams when watching on a PS4? I'm watching one right now and it's skipping. I didn't have a problem watching stream right on the twitch site. Weird.

oktarb

Overall I'm satisfied, even possibly satiated. Able to access the PSN store even with a million people banging on it, BF4 looks great and everything flows smoothly.

I do have an odd bug where BF4 constantly asks me to pick an Origin name and then won’t actually accept it. I figure that will be corrected soon.

A tad disappointed that I can’t change my theme or download any from the store. I always loved the dynamic themes. Again, I think that will be patched.

I kind of which the options and Share button were a tad more pronounced. I catch myself looking for them, hopefully I’ll acclimate quickly.

The blue light on the controller is fantastic as toddler bait. My 2 year old daughter is drawn to is like moths to a flame. Thanks for that….

No bonus points for the “headset” that shipped with it. I hesitate to call it a headset, it more a wire with the bare minimum nodules tacked on. Cheap.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How do you get second screen functionality working? For instance, AC4 says I can use the map in second screen mode.

I have my Vita connected to my PS4, but the vita just says "this screen is not active" while playing...

Jigolo

Anyone have that issue where the information for a game is loading while you're doing something else like looking at your friends list, and it automatically goes back to killzone?

/this isn't worded very well

Downloaded and installed Resogun and getting a message that I can't start it because it isn't licensed to me... Anyone else seen that? I bought it from the website and had it download to the PS4, is that not cool?

The vita remote play is AMAZING! I'm glad I have 2 vitas in my house.

I want to try using my phone as a hot spot (4g) then accessing my ps4 at home, cuing downloads and playing games while at work. I've heard of others streaming in this fashion.

DoomGyver

Anyone have that issue where the information for a game is loading while you're doing something else like looking at your friends list, and it automatically goes back to killzone?

When you're in the UI and not playing a game? yes, it's a bug.

Yeah I've had that happen a lot, it's probably because the network is being wonky

Slime

Banned
Finally got connected to PSN, but it took forever.

Now every PSN-related image and icon loads like I'm on 56k, and every Live from PlayStation video looks like ass. Is this because PSN is overloaded or is my internet just being wonky?

Also can't connect to the store, and I reallly want to get Resogun.

D23

i am extremely satisfied with my ps4. been playing killzone sp and my jaw just stayed on the floor.. dem graphics @.@

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Got home finally. Everything is set up, and I'm just trying to establish my PSN account. Breathing a sigh of relief that my system appears fine for now. Will take it through its paces after me and the missus get back from the grocery store.

First game I'm popping in is Killzone, then we'll play LEGO Marvel.

izakq

Downloaded and installed Resogun and getting a message that I can't start it because it isn't licensed to me... Anyone else seen that? I bought it from the website and had it download to the PS4, is that not cool?

I got that as well. I deleted it and download it again, but I see a little lock symbol at the bottom corner still.

My PS4 is really loud. Playing Killzone is unbearable :(

Huh. I wonder why there are so many differences with fan noise. While playing Killzone I would say my fan is audible, but definitely quiet. But I still have the system sitting on my entertainment center - I haven't enclosed it yet.

While enclosed and the door closed my PS3 slim turned into a leaf blower.

I got that as well. I deleted it and download it again, but I see a little lock symbol at the bottom corner still.

Ugh, I did the same and yeah my second download has the lock icon too. Did you queue the download from the website? Everyone else out there who has played Resogun (or Contrast or Flower, all of which are doing the same thing for me too), did you go through the website or the PS4 to successfully play? Thanks!

Huh. I wonder why there are so many differences with fan noise. While playing Killzone I would say my fan is audible, but definitely quiet. But I still have the system sitting on my entertainment center - I haven't enclosed it yet.

While enclosed and the door closed my PS3 slim turned into a leaf blower.
Yeah I'm pretty sure these people might have defective consoles...

izakq

Ugh, I did the same and yeah my second download has the lock icon too. Did you queue the download from the website? Everyone else out there who has played Resogun (or Contrast or Flower, all of which are doing the same thing for me too), did you go through the website or the PS4 to successfully play? Thanks!

Through PSN. What website is this?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So UPS guy arrived in front of my house today.

Idled there.

Did not come out of the truck (I was at my door waiting for the package).

Then left and marked it as delivered despite not actually doing so.

Relatively sure the UPS guy stole my PS4?!

This is ridiculous

Top Bottom