• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Downloaded and installed Resogun and getting a message that I can't start it because it isn't licensed to me... Anyone else seen that? I bought it from the website and had it download to the PS4, is that not cool?

Try going to Settings on your menu bar.
Choose PSN.
Choose Restore Licenses.
Click that & it should take care of it.
I had the same problem & it unlocked everything.

Huh. I wonder why there are so many differences with fan noise. While playing Killzone I would say my fan is audible, but definitely quiet. But I still have the system sitting on my entertainment center - I haven't enclosed it yet.

While enclosed and the door closed my PS3 slim turned into a leaf blower.

Mine isn't enclosed. It was quiet until I popped in Killzone and it's been loud since. No idea what's going on. It clearly gets louder as scenes get more complex. For example in Resogun when a level is complete, the fans go crazy. As soon as I quit a game and go into the PS4 Menu, then the fans die down and there's no noise.

Derrick01

Banned
So UPS guy arrived in front of my house today.

Idled there.

Did not come out of the truck (I was at my door waiting for the package).

Then left and marked it as delivered despite not actually doing so.

Relatively sure the UPS guy stole my PS4?!

This is really not UPS' best day that's for sure.

njean777

I believe my ps4 is using 100% fans while playing killzone, it quiets down after like 3 minutes of it, but damn this thing is loud as hell for the first 3 minutes of every match. Is anybody else's doing this?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Idled there.

Yeah, I'd be on the phone right now cursing up a storm.

oatmeal

Banned
Crap...so I put in my free 1 month PSN+ and...when I clicked to put in my credit card, I got an error and now the card doesn't work.

am I fucked?

taoofjord

Loud consoles bug me but I haven't had any problem with the noise level of the PS4, even with the disc in.

Still loving the system. The OS is in a great place already. Anyone worried about missing features or wanting something changed should be patient, I'm sure we'll see the most requested features within the next year.

My favorite thing about the PS4 is that it really does feel like it's made to be a game machine first. It's sleek, responsive, and well organized. And that controller, so good.

Venturer

Anyone remember this guy? http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones
Spent 20 hours trying to fix his ps4 live on twitch infront of 6,000. His playstation 4 got replaced in a sony store. He is unboxing live now.

He just got told amazon and tacobell ps4's are the braking not ones from other stores. Bad batch. (Information from sony tech representive in denver sony store.)

PS. He released a statemate after neogaf were hating on him saying it was fake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL9vhTjvn5g&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOnJ8XeztaKPQILPQA94lUQ
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qqr9y/sony_replaced_hi11zones_ps4/

Who thinks it will break?

StoopKid

Anyone remember this guy? http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones
Spent 20 hours trying to fix his ps4 live on twitch infront of 6,000. His playstation 4 got replaced in a sony store. He is unboxing live now.

He just got told amazon and tacobell ps4's are the braking not ones from other stores. Bad batch. (Information from sony tech representive in denver sony store.)

PS. He released a statemate after neogaf were hating on him saying it was fake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL9vhTjvn5g&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOnJ8XeztaKPQILPQA94lUQ

Can you imagine if it bricks again lol.

B-Dex

So my Dualshock 4 doesn't rumble at all. I made sure vibration was on in my console settings but haven't felt a thing in NFS, AC4, Knack, Resogun or Contrast.

Any ideas or just a bad controller?

graywolf323

so a friend of mine was streaming NBA 2K but the game audio wasn't on the stream at all, it's not universal because then she tried Resogun and the game audio came through just fine

anyone else having that problem with NBA 2K?

graywolf323

So my Dualshock 4 doesn't rumble at all. I made sure vibration was on in my console settings but haven't felt a thing in NFS, AC4, Knack, Resogun or Contrast.

Any ideas or just a bad controller?

might be the controller, if you have Flower I'd try that

ThisOne

Battlefield feels great. Can only seem to connect to 20 player games though. I keep trying to get into one of those 64-player Conquest matches and it won't ever connect to the server :(

Amazing system so far! Absolutely stunned at how quiet the system runs and it was on all damn day today downloading apps and my free PS + games. I know a lot of people were upset about the issues this morning but I reset my router after the 3rd try and voila I was back in the store and back online.

Picked up 4 retail games in Knack, Killzone, Lego Marvel & NFS and have yet to be disappointed with anything. I also love the dual shock 4 as its like a weird mashup of 360 and dual shocks of the past.

Overall great experience from picking it up at my local Gamestop preorder party up til now, well played Sony well played.

IMACOMPUTA

Battlefield feels great. Can only seem to connect to 20 player games though. I keep trying to get into one of those 64-player Conquest matches and it won't ever connect to the server :(
Anybody play bf4 on pc and ps4? Is premium tied to the account or game? As in does buying premium on PC give me premium on ps4? Thinking about double dipping for dat couch gaming.
Worried I might be disappointed after PC, but it looks amazing from what I can tell.

I have a question

If i redeemed a one year PS+ code, will the extra codes from games and inside PS4 box stack on top of that.

Or is the 1yr the only one that works once inputted??

Idled there.

He didn't steal it, but sometimes they are too lazy to deliver. You probably live in an apartment?

Yeah sorry just noticed my 1yr plus card is still unused so not sure there. All the promo stuff that came in the system all stacked fine but yeah I feel dumb.

dukeoflegs

I picked up my PS4 today and was reading the instruction booklet at work. I noticed that the it said the PS4 has a CD laser but doesn't play CD's or PS1 games. Any idea why they have one?

Sorry if already answered.

tino

Banned
WTF man, my PS4 got stuck in the PSN sign in screen for 10+ minutes now. Doesn't look like I will be able to play any fucking game tonight.

CTE

Well, I was out of luck since I didn't have funds until after the pre orders ended this past summer. I also work part time in a store that sells systems among other things. So I had to watch all the ps4 systems go in 11 minutes this morning. That was hard to watch.

I stopped at Target to pick up a Bday gift for a party my son is going to this weekend. Low and behold they had 2 systems in the lock up when I strolled by the game section. I was actually debating it for a second since there isn't any games I want right now, but played with it a bit in the demo kiosk and was sold. In that time one system was bought so the pressure was on and I just scooped up the last before it got sold, too.

So here I am with a ps4 and am still a bit shocked I came across one on launch day without camping out and at around 9pm.

Just a few initial impressions from someone whose primary game console was the 360 last gen. The controller is great. I'm still trying to get used to not having a start or select button, but it's super comfortable. I hate the Dual Shock 3 with a passion, so I was surprised at how comfortable the DS4 feels. The bumpers feels a little bit small, but the triggers and analog sticks are leaps and bounds above the DS3. And that D-pad. I'll eventually get an Xbox One, but the d-pad is fucking amazing.

Download speeds seem pretty fast too. One of the reasons I hated the PS3 was because it took forever to download updates or to install games. The play game after a certain amount has downloaded is awesome.

And this is something completely arbitrary, but by far it's the coolest looking console I've ever owned. Dat light makes it look so awesome and it's so sleek looking. I'll wager 50/50 that the light thing is going to not work in six months, but until then it looks cool.

Oh GAWD, the Logitech G930 wireless headphones work on PS4, voice chat and in-game audio.

@_@

Too bad you can't adjust the audio volume, it's set at a default value.

Dead

well not really...yet
Holy shit

The controller feels fucking amazing.

Im only at the system update but im already in love

Top Bottom