• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Everytime I try to load a multiplayer game in Killzone my disk says gives me a message that its corrupt and the application needs to close. Single player is running fine though. any tips?

todd360

can anyone tell me how large asscreed is? that's going to be my first ps4 title (crazy, I know..considering i have titans that are more than capable of running the pc version)

i need an open world game to start my next gen journey. Wish it could have been infamous!

20.8 g I think

PS4 is
franco-so-good.gif

I reinstalled everything, plus redownloaded the update. I'm using a disc. I haven't redeemed the code for China Rising yet

Dunno then man. I'm running into the same problem as you, cept I have the fun of redownloading the entire 35 gig game per attempt. Hope it works first go.

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO I noticed the microphone in the controller for the first time just now playing Resogun. What is the purpose of this? :eek:

Is there some reason the audio through the mic connected to the controller (using Iphone headphones) is only coming through one side? Sorry for my technical ignorance.

I think it's mono output from the controller by default. I haven't messed with any setting so I don't know if it is possible to change it to stereo output or not.

Hey any headset users know why when i set my audio-output to digital optical it still plays via hdmi from my tv whilst my astro a50s simultaneously

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Did they really take a step backwards with the PS3 displaying a custom icon for blurays, and here you just get a big generic disc icon? That seems really strange.

This is a dumb question but are people using stanby mode over powering off the console? With the PS3 things would auto download when it was shutoff now it seems like it has to be in standby mode for patches and syncs to occur.

I think it's mono output from the controller by default. I haven't messed with any setting so I don't know if it is possible to change it to stereo output or not.

Nvm, found it. In "Audio Output Settings" under the Settings icon, you have to change "Output to Headphones" from "Chat Audio" to "All Audio" if you want it to be in stereo. I guess this means for now, if you just want mono chat to come through, you can leave it on the default and then if you want stereo, you have it to change it as noted above. Very odd you can't just have chat audio in stereo,

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is a dumb question but are people using stanby mode over powering off the console? With the PS3 things would auto download when it was shutoff now it seems like it has to be in standby mode for patches and syncs to occur.

Yeah, it has to be in standby. I'd leave mine on standby but the orange light is way too bright in my room at night.

jergrah

Probably a dumb question, but how do you download updates for games? I've read there's a patch for CoD, but I wasn't prompted

Grinchy

Banned
It's pretty awesome how games download and install in the background. I was just playing Killzone and all my downloads finished and installed all on their own.

So I have a really dumb question. I had a guest user play Knack for a few hours with me while I remote played with them as a second player with my login but now I try to pick the gamer from where we last left off but it doesn't recognize the save and is asking us to start a new game.
I see the 11mb save file in the local storage and in te cloud but te gamejust won't recognize it.
Anyone come across this issue? Tips?

So I have a really dumb question. I had a guest user play Knack for a few hours with me while I remote played with them as a second player with my login but now I try to pick the gamer from where we last left off but it doesn't recognize the save and is asking us to start a new game.
I see the 11mb save file in the local storage and in te cloud but te gamejust won't recognize it.
Anyone come across this issue? Tips?

guest user doesn't save anything. once you log out everything deletes.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just a heads up for people, Gamesharing is possible on the PS4

Little tricky, but it works for 2 people

So you can go half and half or if you a reseller type of person, there's avenues for that too

Can't believe I've already filled up 80+ GB of game data, and I even haven't started Knack or KZ lol (caching)

Got a nice game rotation going

BF4, COD: Ghosts,Contrast, Resogun, The Playroom, Warframe, Sound Shapes, flower, start KZ SF and Knack tomorrow
NFS Rivals arrives hopefully next week

My god at all those fucking Silver Trophies Pinging again for Sound Shapes, HOLY SHIT!
Was so beautiful ; ;

This console has exceeded my expectation greatly.

I put my console in standby, got ready for bed and while laying here I decided to try remote play on bf4. The controls are super fucked, but it looks incredible. Like seriously playing a pre-rendered cutscene.

I really hope they keep working on remote play. It's weird that it won't let you use the ds4 for control and the vita for a screen, kind of a missed opportunity.

is PSN down again? i can't log in at all and the network test always fails.

and how do you know when a controller is fully charged? or even what level the charge is currently at?

~Kinggi~

Banned
is PSN down again? i can't log in at all and the network test always fails.

and how do you know when a controller is fully charged? or even what level the charge is currently at?

You know the controller is charged when you hold down the ps button and see the bottom bar when the 3 bars are full and solid. When its charging you see them blink on and off.

Had the console power plug pulled twice (one by mom and one by my nephew) and thankfully no errors. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are issues, fellow Gaffers. I hope it all works out and I hope to see you all online sometime :)

Had the console power plug pulled twice (one by mom and one by my nephew) and thankfully no errors. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are issues, fellow Gaffers. I hope it all works out and I hope to see you all online sometime :)
is the ps4 just in the open they can pull? wow. glad it wasn't installing firmware or anyting important.

AwShucks

Unboxed mine and checked the HDMI port. Everything looked good (no strange metal ridges) so I unplugged my PS3 and swapped in my PS4 and update firmware using USB. That all went smooth and downloading Resogun was quick. The UI and store is blazingly fast compared to PS3 that's for sure. Setup my social stuff and probably spent a good two hours playing Resogun. Great game, great controller so far and everything about the system is looking good on my end.

I feel for the people with problems though.

LMAO I noticed the microphone in the controller for the first time just now playing Resogun. What is the purpose of this? :eek:
It's a speaker.

A good example in Resogun is alerting you that a keeper has spawned or a human has died. There's a lot going on in that game so the DS4 speaker kind of grabs your attention for those things.

Tygamr

One of my friends, and my step brother got one of these. I've messed around with it a bit, and I think it's pretty cool... But those menus are seriously bad. The UI looks super cheap... It's like it was designed by the people who designed the menus for PS All-Stars. The PS3 and the Vita both have much nicer UIs. Really hope they change that.

Will get one eventually, but I'm kind of 'meh' about it right now. All the games I really want don't come until next year or later. They kinda dropped the ball on the launch library- considering the PS3 and Vita have both gotten/are getting interesting games this year from them.

It's a speaker.

A good example in Resogun is alerting you that a keeper has spawned or a human has died. There's a lot going on in that game so the DS4 speaker kind of grabs your attention for those things.

Thats actually the first time I found a speaker in a controller to be cool. It felt so futuristic.

The speaker on the wiimote felt so gimmicky.

FFS Finally Cross game chat.

It's like discovering fire again; why the hell did they not have this for the ps3 again?
Seriously, it's wonderful: chatting with a friend, set up a game of resogun and keep talking to the group as we play.

I really love how fast everything is. Tabbing out from a game, setting up a party, checking other people's trophy data.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thats actually the first time I found a speaker in a controller to be cool. It felt so futuristic.

The speaker on the wiimote felt so gimmicky.

In Resogun when your HDTV and Controller say the same thing with that echo ping, feels fucking sexy
Like I understand!

gembel

Just a heads up for people, Gamesharing is possible on the PS4

Little tricky, but it works for 2 people

So you can go half and half or if you a reseller type of person, there's avenues for that too

hmm what do you mean by gamesharing? buying a game on 1 console, then using that account on a different console and redownloading the game?

Broman1978

FFS Finally Cross game chat.

Seriously, it's wonderful: chatting with a friend, set up a game of resogun and keep talking to the group as we play.

Watched a video on youtube, it sounded like talking in a cellphone when they talked to each other in the Party Chat...But it was miles better than I experienced on PS3 =P

Yondy604

Banned
Hey I doubt anybody does, but worth a shot.

My stupid PS4 was missing the damn Playstation PLUS Trial code. Now I have no money and can't play online, I am so frustrated.

Does anybody have an extra one they can PM me. I will love you forever.

Mononoke

Banned
CoD in 1080p, I hate to say it, but it actually looks gorgeous. Everything is so clear. Wow. Just wow. Much pixels. Many ps.

I would take N64 games if they ran in 1080p. so much detail. so clear. so sharp. like knife cutting through butts WOW

I have to agree. The actual art design is meh. Like the engine is outdated (clearly). But it looks great in 1080p. Some of the MP look really good too.

Hey I doubt anybody does, but worth a shot.

My stupid PS4 was missing the damn Playstation PLUS Trial code. Now I have no money and can't play online, I am so frustrated.

Does anybody have an extra one they can PM me. I will love you forever.
You can try mine. It wasn't working but I think it's because my subscription hasn't run out yet. Sending a PM in a few

Neverfade

How long does this thing keep captures? I a) don't want it filling up a ton of my HDD space, and b) don't want to manually have to delete it all the time.

Top Bottom