• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Has Sony given a window for when the update to remove HDCP will release or is it just "soon after launch"?

Or was it just included with the 1.50 update and I just didn't notice?

inter

So, since my unit appears to be defective, I think I might return it to Amazon and try to find one locally rather than dealing with waiting 2 weeks on Sony. Is there any chance I'm gonna be able to find one anywhere today?

potam

Banned
Ugh. Couldn't redeem my PS+ codes last night due to PSN being down. Bring the codes to work, thinking I will redeem them online and start downloading resogun and contrast...but wait! YOU CAN'T FUCKING REDEEM THE CODES ON A PC. Thanks, Sony.

Shadow780

Ugh. Couldn't redeem my PS+ codes last night due to PSN being down. Bring the codes to work, thinking I will redeem them online and start downloading resogun and contrast...but wait! YOU CAN'T FUCKING REDEEM THE CODES ON A PC. Thanks, Sony.

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

I redeemed my $10 there.

Yep and do voice commands for the OS.

How do they tell if I'm talking to the mic, or the camera? Do all earbuds with a mic work?

potam

Banned
account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

I redeemed my $10 there.

How do they tell if I'm talking to the mic, or the camera? Do all earbuds with a mic work?

I didn't try the $10 code yet, I was working on the PS+ codes. I was really amped up to try the remote downloading today :(

noomi

Anyone agree that the ps4 headset is terrible, it's huge. I can't even fit the thing in my ear, how the hell am i supposed to use this thing?

TheMink

Has anyone been able to share any games with a second person?

Do i have to deleted that same person from my ps3 first? Or is it unrelated.

noomi

Well, ASAIK it's the DS4 is compatible with any other headphone/mic combo (iphone headset for example)...

Still though, I wish the provided headset was a bit nicer :(

DTSAirmaN

Banned
Anyone agree that the ps4 headset is terrible, it's huge. I can't even fit the thing in my ear, how the hell am i supposed to use this thing?

I feel that it was made for my ear. Lol. For how simple it was designed, I'm impressed with the mic and ear piece quality.

This won't stop me from getting a nice headset in the future though; one that will play ingame sound and voice chat.

Only played COD so far, still have BF4, Killzone, and Assassin's Creed to go through, holy shit Ghosts looks pretty damn good on my TV.

domstah

For some reason my PS4 won't let me select 1080p through HDMI on my TV (well its a Westinghouse 45 inch monitor). I can select 720p and 1080i, but not 1080p. :(

I know it can do 1080p as my PS3 supported it, anyone have a similar problem - or even better - anyone know a workaround?

DryvBy

I love the system but I'm a bit confused on a couple of features and design choices.

1. Is the front part of the UI a dashboard shortcut or is that where all my things are going to be stored?

2. The Library page, is that just for PSN games and can I organize them? On my PS3, I have over 200 PSN games installed and it would be a bit annoying to have them in one giant folder.

3. When uploading trophies to Facebook, they changed it from how it used to be. Instead of a single game with all the trophies you get, you get multiple posts. Am I doing this wrong?

4. I may have missed this but are they going to allow us to change themes later? I like th default a lot but I'm hoping to get a game related theme eventually.

Played FIFA killzone and battlefield 4 and anyone who says the graphical jump is not significant is kidding tjemselves even with games at 900p or 1080p. In fact at 900p the battlefield 4 game looks better than 1080p killzone

Wait until you play BF4 - ITS SO PRETTY (especially after playing it on PS3)

Then be prepared for how stupidly good Killzone looks, in some countries, it's illegal to look THAT good
iX67yUHISvocg.gif

Pachimari

Some questions:

01) Are Blu-ray movies region free?

02) Have anyone tried a Hori fight stick with Injustice?

03) Have any of you tried a Logitech wheel with NFS?

04) Are PS Plus subscriptions no longer stackable?

05) Can't you use the touchpad for the keyboard?

AmyS

-Signed up for PSN on PC
-Redeemed PS+ 30 trial through PS4 itself (seems one has to do it that way)
-set CC
-Downloaded Resogun
-Downloaded Netflix
Setup Origin Account for BF4

So far, near flawless. Only things that happened were things that were my mistakes like trying to redeem PS+ code via PC and not being familar with Origin and its signup process.

Was able to enter a server on BF4 with a high ping, but nobody was playing. Gotta go back to check on it.

So far so good

I did however get really fucking scared for a few seconds when I turned off the PS4 via the software shutdown (not standby but fully off) in the menu because when I pressed the power button on the console I was not getting a signal and I saw the blue light strip on the system. I turned off my TV and turned it back on, WHEW... everything seemed to be fine. Signal was working, was at the screen where it said something like 'Press PS button to continue" or something similar (don't remember the exact wording).

Negaiido

Probably been asked a thousand times but I couldn't really find the answer.

- Does the Logitech G35 Headset work with the PS4(mic and audio)?

It has been in the news that all headset won't work at launch but you never know.

TargetDummy81

Neo Member
So what's different/improved if you get Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 instead of something else?

I haven't cracked my copy open yet but I have watched videos of it on Youtube.

PS4 version has:
1) Improved textures. Not too giant of a leap since it is a cross generation title but it is noticeable in a comparison video.

2) Improved weather effects.

3) When hiding in foliage to ambush guards or others it will actually deform itself where your character is. Current gen versions show no difference and do not react like we have seen in other games.

4) Draw distance is supposed to be better than PS3 / 360 versions.

5) Frame rate is supposed to be better also. Especially in the city of Havana.

neshcom

Banned
Thankfully not having any major issues, but I do occasionally get thrown out to the homes screen right after launching a game. My home button isn't loose or sensitive. I think it may have to do with the games installing or updating, but it's hard to say.
In any event, I'm really liking most everything I played. Resogun is addicting and more approachable than SSHD, Killzone is gorgeous (though I'm having a tough time following the story), and Knack is a real challenge. Contrast absolutely blows, though. I'll give it another try, but it's so over-acted.

Top Bottom