• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Hey guys I have a question, my ps4 seems to be working great the only nitpick is the ps4 light seems to be on all the time and white, I thought it was blue by watching the videos, it's this normal?
Also still can't access PSN store, it says under maintenance.

Anyone else having the issue where the ps4 doesn't recognize you have ps+? I can't get resogun or contrast cause it doesn't think I have a sub.

I had this issue too. To get the free PS+ games download them from the PSN store on the web, then go to your library from the PS4 menu. They showed up there for me to download.

Strider

Hey guys I have a question, my ps4 seems to be working great the only nitpick is the ps4 light seems to be on all the time and white, I thought it was blue by watching the videos, it's this normal?

It's normal... it's supposed to glow white

BreakinBad

Neo Member

I believe it is blue when powering on, white when on, and orange when in standby. Please correct me if I'm wrong someone.

RetroMG

Anyone else having the issue where the ps4 doesn't recognize you have ps+? I can't get resogun or contrast cause it doesn't think I have a sub.

When you try to download, does it ask you to pay for it? Mine kept looking like I didn't have PS+, but when I actually tried buying Resogun, it didn't ask me to pay for it.

Thankfully not having any major issues, but I do occasionally get thrown out to the homes screen right after launching a game. My home button isn't loose or sensitive. I think it may have to do with the games installing or updating, but it's hard to say.
In any event, I'm really liking most everything I played. Resogun is addicting and more approachable than SSHD, Killzone is gorgeous (though I'm having a tough time following the story), and Knack is a real challenge. Contrast absolutely blows, though. I'll give it another try, but it's so over-acted.
That might be due to psn. But I'm not 100%

I believe it is blue when powering on, white when on, and orange when in standby. Please correct me if I'm wrong someone.

you're right, that's exactly how it is behaving, I don't know why but I thought by watching the videos the light was just blue when powering on and it would just turn off (the light)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I love the system but I'm a bit confused on a couple of features and design choices.

1. Is the front part of the UI a dashboard shortcut or is that where all my things are going to be stored?

I hate this long ass row of icons too.

Anyone else notice that there are no demos in the PSN store on the PS4?

There are two demos currently, FIFA and Trine 2.
But yeah, the store needs a demo section.

Mr. Helios

Neo Member
This is a long thread, so apologize if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone else occasionally get snapped to random home screen boxes when navigating the UI? Seems like sometimes I press right, right, then it jumps to the second icon in the row. Seems super buggy.

Also, mine runs pretty hot and loud during Killzone - is this normal?? Reviews keep mentioning how quiet it is, etc but mine gets surprisingly hot and loud. I'm not really understanding the installation either - do I always need the disc to play? I was playing for a few hours and it still required me to use the disc when I quit and tried it again later.

Charcoal

How do you use a profile picture as opposed to an avatar? I allowed it in the privacy/profile settings, but it's still displaying the avatar.

AmyS

Played some BF4 multiplayer. Worked pretty well. out of the 4 times I joined, it crashed once. However I'm going to assume that's because the load on the servers was light given the time of day it is, probably gonna get worse again as people start logging in again, and more people get their PS4s.

Holy shit I'm getting a war frame "ready to install" notification over and over! I new I shouldn't have touched that piece of shit. I even deleted the game and it's still coming!!

Naudi

Banned
Well I finally got some time with BF4 and Cod with some friends last night. Holy Shit that was a blast! Looked and ran great as well, minus the join server issues we had on BF4 at first. Can't wait to play more!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Spent all day yesterday. Downloading that silly update. Wake up to start downloading CoD and Resogun. PSN is under maintenance again. This sucks.

bryanee

Can some one tell me how long the HDMI cable is please? I need to know if it'll reach my TV from the place I keep my consoles, if not I'll have to buy a new one.

Tobor

Woke up and went to take my morning constitutional. Woke the PS4 from standby and jumped into ACIV from the toilet. #flyingtooclosetothesun

It works perfectly in the kitchen as well. Damn! Remote Play works better than I'd hoped!

Can some one tell me how long the HDMI cable is please? I need to know if it'll reach my TV from the place I keep my consoles, if not I'll have to buy a new one.

About 6 ft but its recommended you use your own, there was some ppl yesterday saying that the hdmi cables are kinda shoddy and can cause issues

Last night I put my PS4 in standby mode. This morning the system was turned off and I had to hit the power button on the console twice to cut it on. Freaked me out. It also stated that the system wasn't properly shutdown?

RobertM

I dont know if anyone posted this but this blew my mind. If you go to the PSN store there is no Demos, right? Get this, if you go to the store on the web there is a "TRY" section and you can push those demos to your PS4. Only Fifa and Tribe 2 so far available.

So before I went to sleep last night I kicked off downloads for Blacklight and DCUO so I could try them in the morning, and then put the console in Standby.

Woke up this morning, woke up the PS4 from Standby, and my notifications icon said "99+".

wtf?

It then proceeded to display the notifications "DCUO Ready to Install" and "Blacklight Ready to Install" at least 150 times total.

Really annoying since I can see myself doing overnight downloads quite often and don't want to turn off those kinds of notifications, but also don't want 100s of them.

Anyone else have this problem? Some option I'm missing maybe to stop this?

Some questions:

01) Are Blu-ray movies region free?

02) Have anyone tried a Hori fight stick with Injustice?

03) Have any of you tried a Logitech wheel with NFS?

04) Are PS Plus subscriptions no longer stackable?

05) Can't you use the touchpad for the keyboard?

According to the search engine of this board, you're the first who mentioned the word "wheel" in this thread. I guess the chances of someone buying NFS and owning a wheel are pretty slim. A damn shame, as I'd love to know the same.

Kyon

Banned
Not sure if it's a glitch or if my PS Button is faulty or something but:

So sometimes when I'm in a game or something it would back out and go to the very first item on the XMB. A lot of times it does this when I go on the top part of the menu it would just go straight back to the first item which only happens when you press the home button.

It would also do the PSN is under maintenance after some of these trips back to the first item.

Is this normal?

psn down again? whenever i try to go to the store I just get a blank blue screen

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

its up for me.

So sometimes when I'm in a game or something it would back out and go to the very first item on the XMB. A lot of times it does this when I go on the top part of the menu it would just go straight back to the first item which only happens when you press the home button.

It would also do the PSN is under maintenance after some of these trips back to the first item.

Is this normal?

it stopped doing that to me. it happened yesterday during psn issue which also showed the maintenance message for some items.

seems to have sorted itself out today for now. UI and PSN must be connected together for that to happen.

Strider

Is this normal?

It's normal and it's a bug. a lot of users have had this, myself included. I'm sure they'll patch it

Dynamic3

Is this normal?

Having the exact same issue.

DryvBy

So before I went to sleep last night I kicked off downloads for Blacklight and DCUO so I could try them in the morning, and then put the console in Standby.

Woke up this morning, woke up the PS4 from Standby, and my notifications icon said "99+".

wtf?

It then proceeded to display the notifications "DCUO Ready to Install" and "Blacklight Ready to Install" at least 150 times total.

Really annoying since I can see myself doing overnight downloads quite often and don't want to turn off those kinds of notifications, but also don't want 100s of them.

Anyone else have this problem? Some option I'm missing maybe to stop this?

I did the same thing and didn't have this issue. Might be a hickup. I had my first UI hickup last night when it told me to restart and I denied it. It wouldn't show my friends list for some reason. Fixed with a restart.

kaos424

Is this normal?

I am having the exact same issue and have read of others having this problem too. Not sure exactly what is causing it, but you're not alone.

yea I'm screwed

Have the ps4 sitting at the forwarding service but they wont lower the package value...which means once they ship I'll get a huge customs hit...

T.T

fuck my life. I thought I had full control over the declaring values of the items but nope....internet tricked me

Is aftermarket gaming headset working perfectly yet w/1.50 update? My old one crap out and I'm not feeling that janky mic ...looking to pick up a pair of Astro A40 or A50's

potam

Banned
Anyone willing to trade me a PC-redeemable code for 1 month of PS+ for my code which can only be used on the PS4 itself? I want to start dem downloads today while at work, and it's killing me :(

Top Bottom