• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

RedAssedApe

Banned
you think sony would have censored that out. it does it for notifications that pop up. we need to inform them of this.

Tweeted @yosp

Luckily for me it was just uplay and I don't think anyone was tuned into my stream at the time. I only noticed because I was viewing my own stream on my laptop to check the quality. lol

Steel

Banned
Why aren't more people talking about this then? It seems like a true evolution or game changer to me. Heck, it comes close to pushing me over the edge and running out and buying a Vita now.

There's actually a few threads on the subject:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716243&highlight=
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683245&highlight=
and at least one other where a guy got his working ok over a cell phone connection.

Edit:

You answered your own question! Nobody has a Vita. :)

Ouch, man. Ouch.

USC-fan

Banned
Ok, this may be a silly question. I signed into PSN under the default user set up on the PS4(user1). Its not saying that I have PS+(anywhere I can see) and I know I have it. Must my PS4 username be the same as my PS3 username?
just go to the webstore and go to free games. uou should see the plus games in there in you are ps+.

the webstore ads for plus show up for everyone. I dont see the plus sign by my name or anywhete either.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ok, this may be a silly question. I signed into PSN under the default user set up on the PS4(user1). Its not saying that I have PS+(anywhere I can see) and I know I have it. Must my PS4 username be the same as my PS3 username?

Go to Settings > Account Info > Services List

Does the new dual shock charge when console is on standby? Also can you charge it by plugging it into a pc usb like you could with the ps3 pads? I got it plugged into the pc but there is no indicator lights on it telling me that it's doing anything.

EagleEyes

Anybody else a little concerned about the noise of the console when you are playing a graphically intensive game like Killzone? My wife has made several comments so far about it being awfully loud when i'm playing lol. Its whisper quiet when i'm in the UI or in the store but when things get heated up the fans really get going. Maybe its just my unit but can anybody verify that theirs gets pretty loud when playing something like Killzone.

todd360

Is everyone getting the SEN is undergoing maintenance screen? Just got my ps4 updated but can't login

Yea I can't get into store which is pissing me off. I left my ps4 on last night and got killzone downloaded and now I want to download bf4 cause my speed is only 1 mb per second. Can't start download cause store is down. I already preordered that game digitally so they have muh money.

Yopis

No joke. The first thing I played is KZ over remote play ... got 30 mins in then switched to Resogun and finished the first level. All on the Vita. PS4 is such an awesome companion device for my Vita!

Feel the same tried Fifa today using remote play.

Steel

Banned
No joke. The first thing I played is KZ over remote play ... got 30 mins in then switched to Resogun and finished the first level. All on the Vita. PS4 is such an awesome companion device for my Vita!

Considering the vita has a lot more games, that's about the relationship I see my vita having with my PS4 lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If I want to share just a really small clip of something specific and not the whole last 15 minutes of play, is there a way to trim?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The motion keyboard input is one of those things that once you try it you can't go back. Love it.

potam

Banned
If I want to share just a really small clip of something specific and not the whole last 15 minutes of play, is there a way to trim?

I think so, but I'm not sure.

This post was not helpful and pointless.

helpful edit:

Can users edit the recorded gameplay video on PS4?
Yes, users can trim the video in the Share button interface. Currently, users will be able to specify a starting and ending point of the video in order to trim it to their liking.

mhayze

Okay guys.....I need honest, loving, caring, neogaf Advice.

My brother just got his PS4, I have mine preordered for second shipment (December 1st).

The original plan was to BOTH buy PS4 and we have two of them.

But I started thinking recently, maybe it's smarter to buy the new xbox and we will have both the PS4 and new xbox in our house, instead of two ps4s.

This is killing me right now, advice?

I would go that route. Just convince your brother to buy the Xbox One, and you can pay him for the PS4 :)

It will do it in the background when the disc is in the system. The icon stays there regardless unless you delete it (along with what you have installed, you don't want to do that).

I'm not sure, but it may have completely finished the install already. I know there is a bar that fills as it's doing the minimum install for each game, but I'm not sure if there is a way to tell whether or not it is 100% there.

The installs should stay there until you manually delete it, though.

Okay, so these icons just stay on my main screen forever?

newjeruse

I have to be honest: I could not give a shit about Twitch or UStream literally 24 hours ago. But after seeing what giving that access to such a broad swath of people can do, I'm predicting it's the most disruptive and game-changing technology of the generation. It's scary how accessible it is.

potam

Banned
I have to be honest: I could not give a shit about Twitch or UStream literally 24 hours ago. But after seeing what giving that access to such a broad swath of people can do, I'm predicting it's the most disruptive and game-changing technology of the generation. It's scary how accessible it is.

Yeah, I'm not into watching streams at all, unless it's a preview or something.

But, I asked my friend to stream NFS today while I'm at work so I can check it out. Just the idea that I can watch him play while sitting at work is awesome.

sQyGRzH.png

Thats mine, and yes it goes in all the way...It booted up once with video and then after that nothing..

My PS4 looks just like this, and the HDMI goes all the way in and I have no problems what so ever. I thought most HDMI ports had that to hold the plug in place on the teeth (like a guide). My laptop has two that look just like that.

Oh the Sony style store seems to have PS4's in stock in case anyone knows someone looking.

Geeun

anyone else feel like the vibration isnt that strong with the dualshock 4? i'm playing nfs rivals and can barely feel it.

Can you wake the PS4 with the Vita? Like if I'm upstairs and don't want to go down to physically turn the console on before starting a remote play session?

Yeah it's fantastic. If Xbox One has the same functionality I predict streaming will be the big story of this gen, as much as online was last gen.

Anyone else having this issue?

In my game library, it shows all my games but once I click on one there is no infor or picture for the game I clicked on. I also cant seem to install some games.

Mesoian

So just got mine. It's running now but...

It wouldn't work with the HDMI cables I already had hooked up to my TV. At all. I tried 3 different ones, and nothing. Eventually tried the HDMI cable that came with it and that worked, but it was pretty strange. These random HDMI issues may just be cable integrety issues? I don't know.

Regardless, It's running now, but PSN is down, so I can't log in. The 1.50 update was just sitting on it though, ready to ride the moment I turned it on.

Reule

Quoting again because I don't think anyone responded. Just curious if it's because PSN keeps going into maintenance. Not sure if it's because I reconfirmed under Privacy Settings for my name/profile pic to not be displayed in games.

For those that linked Facebook, is your profile picture showing up when you log in to the console? It was earlier today but now it's my PSN avatar. When I go to my PSN Profile, it shows up with my avatar next to it.

Okay I got my Amazon PS4 and installed the update, installed Killzone and everything is running super smoothly. I just can't log into my old PSN account as it says PSN is undergoing maintenance right now. So close to jumping in.

Man the PS4 controller is awesome but it can get pretty warm quickly.

Can you wake the PS4 with the Vita? Like if I'm upstairs and don't want to go down to physically turn the console on before starting a remote play session?

Yes, there's a setting for this in the Vita setup part of the PS4 UI if I recall correctly. Something about allowing the Vita to wake the system from standby.

Ran rp

The DS4 light bar is atrocious. It lights up the entire wall. Had to grab a piece of cardboard and some tape to cover it up.

anyone else feel like the vibration isnt that strong with the dualshock 4? i'm playing nfs rivals and can barely feel it.
I got some great rumble off it while playing Flower last night, it'll be different from game to game.

That reminds me - for those that haven't, PLAY FLOWER. It's awesomely beautiful and only $6.99. Really interesting to go back go it now and see the roots of Journey in there. Oh and if you already bought it on PS3 it's free on PS4!

Top Bottom