• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anybody try the Rocketfish PS4 headset, or other similarly cheap alternatives. Cant use this pack in headset, it drives me insane falling out of my ear constantly

I already broke mine, had it plugged in walked over to swap out a game, it feel out of my ear, I stepped on it, RIP in peace.

NIN90

Hey I got a couple of questions:

1 Does the PS4 work on a 1650 x 1050 monitor?

2 As a european dude, does buying/downloading games off the US PSN work like it does on PS3 and Vita? Probably a little early to ask but maybe someone like yosp or Boyes dropped some knowledge on that and I missed it.

3 How much data needs to be transferred before playing the game is possible? I'm on a 1.3mb/s connection and that's gonna be rough. Anybody got experience with this with Killzone SF, Need for Speed and/or AC4?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I was streaming some AC4 to a friend earlier on Twitch, and I enabled the overlay on the screen with comments so I didnt have to have the stream running to read what he was saying. For some reason though the comments weren't appearing on the screen, even though the option was selected. Is this not working? or did I set something up wrong?

Concept17

So I'm considering trading in my PS3 collection. (excluding a few games, like Dark Souls)

I have about 44 games all together. But I'm not certain I can convince myself to do it. There are a number of games here that have been sitting in my backlog for some time, but realistically I'll never get to them as I'm fairly busy these days. I have games as old as Warhawk and Resistance, to as new as GTA V. Kinda hard to trade in Motorstorm and Uncharted franchises. :(

IMG_0867.jpg
Should I do it?

Is there any way to adjust mic levels like you could on PS3? Maybe I'm missing something, but I see no such setting, or any way of even checking if your microphone is working at all other than turning on the system voice commands.

Anyone notice that the players met portion of the friends screen is not working? I played a game of FIFA online and wanted to send a GG the guys way and there were no PSN IDs in there.

Tohsaka

It does, but not all of my DLC history is in there.

Same. I redeemed my AC4 DLC codes on the web, but there's no download history on PS4 so I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to get them onto the system. I tried adding them to my download queue on the web store multiple times yesterday but none of them started downloading.

CHusson91

Banned
So I'm considering trading in my PS3 collection. (excluding a few games, like Dark Souls)

I have about 44 games all together. But I'm not certain I can convince myself to do it. There are a number of games here that have been sitting in my backlog for some time, but realistically I'll never get to them as I'm fairly busy these days. I have games as old as Warhawk and Resistance, to as new as GTA V. Kinda hard to trade in Motorstorm and Uncharted franchises. :(

Should I do it?

You'll eventually regret it. I've made the mistake plenty of times.

Should I do it?

In terms of games I never give it a second thought. If they are just collecting dust get rid of them. However looking at your collection some games may not be worth the gas money to get to the store.

Should I do it?

No. Unless you are strapped for cash or space. Box them up and wait for a time where you want something different to play.

Current gen consoles dont make last gen games suddenly unplayable. Even PS2 games are worth keeping around.

Do we have any word on what the free December game is yet? I'm trying to hold onto my 10 dollar credit until Ocotdad releases but if that game gets offered for free, I'll spend it on something else.

Jigolo

My local Walamart accepted CoD:G without a receipt and gave me a $64 gift card FYI. If anyone is still planning on doing this from the B2G1 Amazon deal, it works

Concept17

No. Unless you are strapped for cash or space. Box them up and wait for a time where you want something different to play.

Current gen consoles dont make last gen games suddenly unplayable. Even PS2 games are worth keeping around.

Yeah, they're really just collecting dust and I am strapped for cash - the only reason I didn't pre-order a PS4.

Just found out I can suspend a game and watch Hulu, then return to the game where I left off!! So awesome!

Can I suspend a game and put my console to sleep?

Fuck that. How often will you truly go back to any of these ? Hoarding this shit is like leaving free money lying around. For me I still play some n64 games for local mmult so I kept them. But rest if you don't play it's pointless to keep them.

cilonen

Should I do it?

Never. It's never worth it. I still regret selling all my Genesis stuff to get a SNES. I should have saved longer.

bob page

Amazon just credited me $30 because my PS4 arrived with several small scratches on it (saw the UPS guy throw the box).

What an awesome company.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My local Walamart accepted CoD:G without a receipt and gave me a $64 gift card FYI. If anyone is still planning on doing this from the B2G1 Amazon deal, it works
I tried to return my extra copy of BF4 and they wouldn't take it. I'll just try again later.

Derrick01

Banned
Just found out I can suspend a game and watch Hulu, then return to the game where I left off!! So awesome!

Can I suspend a game and put my console to sleep?

I don't think so, not yet anyway. That feature is coming later.

It's cool to find out you can still do it while the console's on though.

So far so good. No bricked PS4 here. I call tell you from the streams that Knack looks boring as hell though. Resogun is the only game standing out to me at this point. And the people on the Battlefield streams talk too much :p

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

Should I do it?
I'll give you 20$. For all of em...That's more then youll get trading em!

Cept gta of course

beanman25

Was it a second player? My girlfriend and I have played a couple games together and it seems like blue is player 1 and red is player 2.

Nope.

I'm just playing single player, and it always goes to red when I start the game. Doesn't mess anything up, it's just odd.

Can't connect to the EA serves, which is bugging me big time. Wanted to play some FUT.

atomsk

Party Pooper
For some reason plugging in an ethernet cable while the system is off makes it freak out

Keeps trying to eject discs and beeping three times.

Unplugging everything, and starting over with just power+hdmi, the system is working fine

So... The impressions of KZ worry me.

I'm looking for a game to buy for the console Thursday. I'm leaning between AC4, NFS or maybe NBA 2K14. I want something enjoyable that'll show off the system's capabilities.

How does AC4 look? And is it better than AC3? I couldn't stand 3 or Connor.

Gameboy415

I spent last night playing a bit of Knack, Killzone, & ACIV and I'm really enjoying all 3 so far!
I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy Knack considering how simplistic the gameplay is, but I'm a huge fan of platformers so it's A-okay in my book.
Killzone is really impressive visually, but I've only played 2-3 chapters so far so I can't say it's significantly better or worse than other FPS games I've played.
ACIV is fantastic so far, it seems like they ironed out all of the gameplay problems from ACIII and the graphics are gorgeous on PS4!

My only gripe is that I haven't been able to get on PSN at all yet (I just tried again about 5 minutes ago), which is really frustrating considering I see people on my friends list playing Resogun. :(

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I tried to return my extra copy of BF4 and they wouldn't take it. I'll just try again later.
Seems to be YMMV
I actually did lose my receipt and they weren't able to return over 50 she said. But the found my transaction and I returned some shit!

grave_danger

Neo Member
Wow....remote play on the vita is amazing. I feel like I'm 13 years old and being amazed by new tech. I'm such a jaded techie that I didn't think it was possible.

Learned how to fly helicopters in BF4 on the vita first. Now I'm going to jump into a real game on the PS4. How cool.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone able to play BF4 online right now? I see there are people playing, but it keeps saying "failed to join game" or "commander slots full" whatever the fuck that means.

chidrock

Anyone try to set up more than one user on the system? I know I am set up as user1, and I'd like to be able to change that and add my son. I just can't figure out where to do it. I went through the online manual and searched on Google, but I keep getting info that I'm not looking for.

Never mind - I had to log out in order to create a new user, and I am now know as my name instead of User1.

Mononoke

Banned
So... The impressions of KZ worry me.

I'm looking for a game to buy for the console Thursday. I'm leaning between AC4, NFS or maybe NBA 2K14. I want something enjoyable that'll show off the system's capabilities.

How does AC4 look? And is it better than AC3? I couldn't stand 3 or Connor.

Kill Zone looks amazing. If you want graphics, that is the game to get at launch. But the story is pretty vanilla (I mean the missions). I'm not really liking the Multiplayer either. Granted, I haven't played with my friends yet. But I find the whole matchmaking confusing. I just want a simple Team Deathmatch. But I'm only able to find small ones with no one playing. Everyone else is playing "Classic Warzone" which is objective based.

And well, those aren't even that interesting.

Should I do it?
If you do, best buy is having a 100% trade in deal. Could get some good value. Think I might trade in my madden I got in the b2g1 deal

Logistic

There is no way I'd trade in those games for the minuscule amount of money they will give you.

Can anyone access the PSN store? I just want to play Resogun and other F2P. Starting to regret not buying launch games now...

There is no way I'd trade in those games for the minuscule amount of money they will give you.

Can anyone access the PSN store? I just want to play Resogun and other F2P. Starting to regret to buying launch games now...

Yeah, we're currently downloading the 3 games now that come free with the Plus trial.....

Top Bottom