• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Logistic

I bought and activated PS+ though the store online website. Next time I signed in, PS+ was active

I tried to enter the codes online also. I can add money to my wallet, but can't activate PS+ with a code.

I did see the option to purchase PS+ on the web site store, but I'm not going to pay $50 for 12 months, when I have 4 months of codes currently.

So I downloaded the Trine 2 demo, but when I try to start it i Get "this application can be started only by a user who has a license for it"..and the game thumbnail has a lock icon beside "Start". I think it downloaded the whole game.

How do i start just the demo?

jwk94

MDSLKTR

This is likely going to be my main gripe with all these indie games coming out. Many of them will be over-priced for what they are, and stop me from jumping in and giving them a try, especially if there aren't mandatory demos for every game like on XBLA.

Like on XBLA, if something was 1200 points, I just wouldn't bother. 400-800 points and I'd dip.
Good thing sales are a thing then! Bought soundshapes for less than 5$ this year now I have it for free in my library sogood.gif journey can't come soon enough

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just got my PS4, perfectly wrapped by Amazon w/ tons of Fragile stickers. Getting the PSN 1.5 update now. What a sleek beast.

Ran rp

Contrast looks incredible via Remote Play, like a native res game with tons of AA. It looks better than Killzone and Flower which looked liked streaming videos.

Grimløck;90145061 said:
Is there any way to set the Share button to take a screenshot with a press in lieu of a long hold?

Hit the Share button then press the Options button and there should be Share Settings where you can change how the button works.

So I downloaded the Trine 2 demo, but when I try to start it i Get "this application can be started only by a user who has a license for it"..and the game thumbnail has a lock icon beside "Start". I think it downloaded the whole game.

How do i start just the demo?

Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses

XRA

Neo Member
hmmmm was watching the live stream stuff last night of people's games, pretty cool feature, very impressed.
Does anyone know offhand if there is a way to view the videos you've recorded while playing (and screenshots)? I think that feature is excellent, I was surprised it is ALWAYS recording and you can always save the last 15 minutes, totally bad ass. It appeared the only way to do anything with them is facebook?? Or do I need PSN+ ?

One thing I'm wondering about is just what the streaming game feature will mean for game sales...haha like will some publishers end up requesting that streams for new games are barred for a week or so after launch. It was so convenient for me to look at what games are being played, see what the player is saying, see if I like it, and even then decide to buy it or not. It could result in even more picky/selective gamers, and also result in lesser-known games being purchased just due to how easy it is to take a look.
It really reminded me of arcades in a sense, if only the time from purchase to playing was instant..

I hardly read game reviews now, and this feature makes reviews even less important. I knoww you can already do this with the amount of lets play people out there, but its on the console and so easy now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So my friend linked his account to facebook, set it to not post his trophies on facebook, but it keeps doing it. Any ideas?

So, I've got it tune end on, everything looks ok so far...it's prompting me to update to 1.5. Here's hoping everything continues to be okay..

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody did the PS3->PS4 upgrade on AC4?

Did the Limited Edition bonus content carry over? I know it's supposed to but I can't find it anywhere in game.

mazillion

I agree with pretty much everything said here. I'm loving my PS4, the games look great and there's a lot there to play on day 1, but the UI needs some work. There's nothing that's a total deal breaker, it's just clunky in a couple of areas (no sort options, resetting your icon every time a psn error comes up, no support for DLNA or MP3s etc.) I think the foundation for the UI is sound, so I'm hoping that all of these little things are fixed over time. I really wish they would have had game suspend ready for launch =(
I think the functionality of the OS/UI is great but the feature set is a little lacking, at least that something that can easily be built upon in the coming months. I love it overall

Clishem87

Neo Member
I live in the UK so dont have my console yet but if someone could answer this for me that would be great. When I upload a clip or screenshot does it save to the PSN so all my PSN friends can see or do I have to upload to FB or Twitter? (I don't have accounts for either of these)

AngryBird

Banned
Can someone help me?

I got my PS4, did the update and installed fine, but upon reboot I was asked to choose an account and selected user1, then it started showing "Please wait..." with that rotating circle thing and it's stuck there I think lol . There is no back or cancel btn :/

Help lol

Tiktaalik

Are folks having issues with the reliability of the PSN Social Network type stuff? I'm having the issue where the friend and store aspects of PSN are working fine, but the new social network stuff just times out and never appears.

Sean

Banned
Can anyone on the East Coast currently access the PS Store from their PS4?

I am having trouble accessing it too, I'm in NJ.

Can see my friends list and stuff but not access the store. When I hover over "What's New" it just loads and loads and never shows anything. I get an empty blue screen when trying to launch the store (or clicking to download the Netflix app under video section etc).

Are folks having issues with the reliability of the PSN Social Network type stuff? I'm having the issue where the friend and store aspects of PSN are working fine, but the new social network stuff just times out and never appears.

Same here. What's new isn't working for me but everything else is.

Logistic

I am having trouble accessing it too, I'm in NJ.

Can see my friends list and stuff but not access the store or any stuff. I just get an empty blue screen when trying to launch the store (or clicking to download Netflix etc).

Exactly what I'm experiencing as well in SC. Brother in NC sees the same.

At least I'm not alone, hah.

Sean

Banned
Exactly what I'm experiencing as well in SC. Brother in NC sees the same.

At least I'm not alone, hah.

Heh glad it's not just me as well. Just set up this PS4 and was thinking maybe my WiFi connection was weak or something.

I tried signing out of PSN and back in and that didn't help, guess we just have to wait it out.

Played BF4 with remote play on the Vita and it's pretty laggy over all. Has anyone else tried out any other games that has a better implementation?

Sorian

Banned
Can someone help me?

I got my PS4, did the update and installed fine, but upon reboot I was asked to choose an account and selected user1, then it started showing "Please wait..." with that rotating circle thing and it's stuck there I think lol . There is no back or cancel btn :/

Help lol

PSN lost you in all the hustle and bustle. Hold the PS button and go into standby mode, wait for the system to appear to shut off and then boot her up again. Try again, the server is dropping people randomly because so many people are trying at once.

i know there have been a lot of reports of blacklight not working, i had problems connecting last night at like 7 but was able to get into some games at 11:00 - 11:30 est

overall its pretty good, a fast paced shooter like COD where everyone runs around straight into each other lol. theres some screen tearing and slowdown but its nothing too serious. cant believe that its F2P, really well done from what i can see

other then that i have COD, KZ and resogun and so far they're all great

Top Bottom