• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Zareth

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how you edit your share clips on the PS4. I for the life of me can't seem to find the editing tool.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I set up my Twitch account a couple of days ago and I saw that it has a option to archive videos from twitch ro youtube.

Could this be a solution for this?
Sounds good. I was referring to using software (such as Internet Download Manager) which lets you download flash videos directly you your computer.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Not gonna lie, Live from PlayStation is pretty damn dope. I didn't think I'd care for this feature but I can see myself watching people's streams every so often. It gives users a great idea of what games are actually like, moreso than canned PR videos.

Mikey Jr.

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how you edit your share clips on the PS4. I for the life of me can't seem to find the editing tool.

Just try and share the whole thing. The editing option will be there in the top right.

edit: Also, is PSN going to fully work anytime soon?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Bout to stream some Resogun, and probably some KZ multiplayer a little later. Probably not going to have the comments on screen because the game is overwhelming enough but I'll be able to chat inbetween rounds.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So I'm considering trading in my PS3 collection. (excluding a few games, like Dark Souls)

I have about 44 games all together. But I'm not certain I can convince myself to do it. There are a number of games here that have been sitting in my backlog for some time, but realistically I'll never get to them as I'm fairly busy these days. I have games as old as Warhawk and Resistance, to as new as GTA V. Kinda hard to trade in Motorstorm and Uncharted franchises. :(

Should I do it?
Nope
I have over 100 for each Playstation, selling to buy new is a mugs game as you never get your money back & your still paying out most of the full price, except you no longer own something you paid 60 dollars for, unless you trade several games you paid 60 dollars for.
As long as it's yours it holds value, I don't know why people don't rent games if they have no interest in keeping them, waste of money.

Patryn

I haven't been able to get tot the Playstation Store all day. Keep getting "This service is currently undergoing maintenance (E-82000002)". Really wanted to buy Flower.

Sorian

Banned
edit: Also, is PSN going to fully work anytime soon?

I expect it to be spotty for about a week. The xbone releasing and new console smell of the PS4 will start to wear off and the PSN will go back to being its normal self again. It's to be expected in this age that a new released of something with dedicated servers will feel the strain.

Darknessxk

Neo Member
Has anyone had the problem of the PS4 saying its not connected to the internet when it obviously is? I can't play anything from PS+ because it can't verify the licenses but my PS4 is definitely online. I can play online matches from my disk games and can even connect to the store. It's stupid because I can't play resogun or anything!

Jeels

I expect it to be spotty for about a week. The xbone releasing and new console smell of the PS4 will start to wear off and the PSN will go back to being its normal self again. It's to be expected in this age that a new released of something with dedicated servers will feel the strain.

I really don't think it has anything to do with the number of people using PSN on PS4. It is probably a fraction of the amount of people that are logged into PSN on their PS3's and Vitas every night.

So I recently stated that, while playing Killzone, that the PS4 fan was audible but still quiet. I'll revise my statement and say that it's moderately loud. I wouldn't say it's offensive or anything, but it's certainly noticeable.

They need more avatars... the selection is bad.

+

It's like bad cut and paste art or something.

That said, snowflake 4 lyfe.

Damn only got to play 2 chapters of Killzone. Everything worked fine and the controller feels much better. Going to wait for the AC patch before putting that game in. Battlefield after I am done with Killzones SP. Back to my schoolwork =T

Has anyone had the problem of the PS4 saying its not connected to the internet when it obviously is? I can't play anything from PS+ because it can't verify the licenses but my PS4 is definitely online. I can play online matches from my disk games and can even connect to the store. It's stupid because I can't play resogun or anything!

Had that yesterday. You need to activate that ps4 as your primary somewhere in the settings.

Sorian

Banned
I really don't think it has anything to do with the number of people using PSN on PS4. It is probably a fraction of the amount of people that are logged into PSN on their PS3's and Vitas every night.

It's when they are all hammering the same thing. Everyone is downloading the patch, downloading the plus games, etc.

Argh seeing all these impressions from people about the system and it's games, when I won't be getting my hands on it for another 12 days is a real downer.

I'm enjoying hearing about it though and thanks for the impressions regardless :p

I'll take comfort in the fact that hopefully some of these little kinks will have been ironed out with a firmware update by the time the console launches here in EU land.

Argh seeing all these impressions from people about the system and it's games, when I won't be getting my hands on it for another 12 days is a real downer.

I'm enjoying hearing about it though and thanks for the impressions regardless :p

I'll take comfort in the fact that hopefully some of these little kinks will have been ironed out with a firmware update by the time the console launches here in EU land.

I'm sure it must be hard to wait, but we are all your beta testers right now :p

txag2005

Banned
Did they get rid of getting alerts when your friends come online? I have everything checked but I never get an alert when somebody comes on.

Top Bottom