• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Darknessxk

Neo Member
PSN should be up and working.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/401730168156217345

Ask PlayStation @AskPlayStation
Having trouble accessing the PSN Store from your PS4 today? The Store is actually up, so try restarting the console.

PS4 users: If you had trouble signing in to PSN earlier, try again. The network issues should be mostly resolved now.

Yea, I can get to the store and play online matches with my disk games like Killzone and COD but for some reason the rest of the PS4 thinks its still not connected. I can't play any of my PS+ titles cause it can't verify the licenses and nothing shows up under the what's new section either. I've tried restarting and doing that license renew thing in the options but nothing seems to work.

Wynnebeck

Banned
PSN should be up and working.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/401730168156217345

Having trouble accessing the PSN Store from your PS4 today? The Store is actually up, so try restarting the console.

PS4 users: If you had trouble signing in to PSN earlier, try again. The network issues should be mostly resolved now.

YESSSSS. TIME TO GET THE CALL OF DOOTY SPECTERS

I am mightily annoyed by the PSN being down for me. I assume it's actually up but my console decided to play stupid.

Also, does the ps4 make a LOT of noise at startup (it's a bit hard to describe, sounds disc related)?

kirby_fox

Banned
GAF- I have a PS4 coming tomorrow. I've never owned a Sony system, and I bought one on a whim thinking I'd sell it later and that's not happening now so...I need help figuring out what game to get.

I mostly play platformers and action-adventures, but Knack to me is not worth the $60 I'd spend on it. I already got Trine 2 on my Wii U. What's left? I can enjoy a handful of FPS games, but I'm fearful I might hate Killzone/Battlefield and I don't do online multiplayer anyways. So are there any titles for me to actually buy? At this point I might just grab Madden...

Yeah, yeah- probably shouldn't have bought in but I got washed up in the hype...

ILoveBish

BF4 has exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. I expected it to look good, but not run and play this good. Damn. Still getting used to the DS4.

Sean

Banned
I'm sure this has been asked before, but any way to see the controller battery status?

When I hit the PS button to go back to the OS all I see is the clock and trophy stuff, nothing about the controller.

So if I'm analyzing this correctly, I actually cannot use headphones and the mic at the same time right? Since thy both use the same controller jack and there's only one of them right? Unless I'm missing something?

shwimpy

I'm sure this has been asked before, but any way to see the controller battery status?

When I hit the PS button to go back to the OS all I see is the clock and trophy stuff, nothing about the controller.
Hold the PS button. Bottom right.

txag2005

Banned
BF4 has exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. I expected it to look good, but not run and play this good. Damn. Still getting used to the DS4.

It's pretty amazing. I'm impressed with every game I've played so far (Fifa, NFS:Rivals and BF4), and I've been playing PC games at 1080p for a while. I can't even imagine how great these games look to the console only folks.

Short of typical launch issues (network etc..) I think Sony hit it out of the park with this console. The UI is amazing. The controller is amazing. The launch games look great.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is anyone having problems with credit card stuff?

Trying to enter my PS+ code but requires a credit card on file. Keeps saying the card number is wrong even though it's exactly right. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, do I need to keep a card on file as long as PS+ is active or can I delete it afterwards?

satori

Hey Gaf need a little advice. So I am gonna use this buy one get one free from amazon before it ends today. I am grabbing NFS for sure, just unsure what game to get beside that. I already have Killzone, BF4, Knack, and Nba 2k 14.

It is down to AC4, Lego Marvel, and COD Ghost. I heard some crap about ghost plus I have two other FPS so ghost might be a really poor choice. Any one played the Lego Marvel? I have a 5 year old son, think he would enjoy it? I never played any of the lego games in the past, from what little I see it seems fun.

lol. It's pretty much broken right now. Dice should be embarrassed about the state of this game. It's atrocious.

Ugh not what I wanted to hear. This would be my 2nd broken game purchase after Madden 25 lol

At least PSN seems to be a little better. The update installed quickly.

What exactly are the major issues of BF4 right now in your mind?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why does the console light turn orange when the console is powered off? Why not just turn the light off, too?

Pachimari

Hey Gaf need a little advice. So I am gonna use this buy one get one free from amazon before it ends today. I am grabbing NFS for sure, just unsure what game to get beside that. I already have Killzone, BF4, Knack, and Nba 2k 14.

It is down to AC4, Lego Marvel, and COD Ghost. I heard some crap about ghost plus I have two other FPS so ghost might be a really poor choice. Any one played the Lego Marvel? I have a 5 year old son, think he would enjoy it? I never played any of the lego games in the past, from what little I see it seems fun.
I were told that that campaign were finished the same day it started?? :/

Also, we need more FIFA 14 impressions.

spwolf

GAF- I have a PS4 coming tomorrow. I've never owned a Sony system, and I bought one on a whim thinking I'd sell it later and that's not happening now so...I need help figuring out what game to get.

I mostly play platformers and action-adventures, but Knack to me is not worth the $60 I'd spend on it. I already got Trine 2 on my Wii U. What's left? I can enjoy a handful of FPS games, but I'm fearful I might hate Killzone/Battlefield and I don't do online multiplayer anyways. So are there any titles for me to actually buy? At this point I might just grab Madden...

Yeah, yeah- probably shouldn't have bought in but I got washed up in the hype...

try the Contrast, Resogun and other free stuff.

Yaari

Seems like you are good on shooters. I'd say overkill if you get any more. I personally chose both AC4 and Marvel. I'm not big on Lego games in the past but I love Marvel, and this is supposedly the best Lego game yet. I think AC4 will be fun too, but I am more happy with my Marvel Lego decision, I think it will be really fun.

Hey, does anyone have the PS Camera hooked up in a smaller room? I'm just trying to figure out if it works in a smaller area. I had the original kinect which did not function that well in my room. I might not even unpack it in my KZ Bundle when I get it, if it requires large space. It will be worth more that way. I'd obviously rather keep it though, so I hope it works.

Shinjiru

The content info screen (overview and stuff) has been hit or miss (mostly miss) for me all day. I take it this is due to PSN troubles? Everything else seems to be working fine.

I will say I'm not a huge fan (lol this will be funny after you read the rest) of how loud the ps4 can get. Everything else I dig.

I had the same issue with the fan noise. I then moved my PS4 out of my entertainment shelving unit that was a fairly tight space and put it in a more open area and it is noticibly cooler and quieter.

ILoveBish

It's pretty amazing. I'm impressed with every game I've played so far (Fifa, NFS:Rivals and BF4), and I've been playing PC games at 1080p for a while. I can't even imagine how great these games look to the console only folks.

Short of typical launch issues (network etc..) I think Sony hit it out of the park with this console. The UI is amazing. The controller is amazing. The launch games look great.

I also have a gaming rig, and im very impressed with ps4 graphics. Can't wait to see what the next set of games are going to bring.

Me too. What issues are you having? I'm having a hard time finding a comfortable position with my left thumb.

Im having trouble going back to the triggers for aiming and shooting, i was totally into the 360 controller, then got used to ps3 controller, so going back is getting tough. Im still doing ok online, my first match of cod was 19-10.

VanWinkle

The content info screen (overview and stuff) has been hit or miss (mostly miss) for me all day. I take it this is due to PSN troubles? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Same here. Really weird. Everything seems to work fine except it won't load the what new section or the live areas for the games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I still have my god-tier PS2 box, so I made this:

playstationbyuls.jpg

S¡mon

Banned

It's really nice to hear this. I don't have the PS4 yet (Europe...), but I've already bought FIFA 14. I'll also get Killzone: Shadow Fall and probably either NFS: Rivals or Battlefield 4.

Same here. Really weird. Everything seems to work fine except it won't load the what new section or the live areas for the games.
HAd the same issue didnt realize till i remembered something was supposed to display when you go to a game. Is that were the digital manual resides? Cant find it.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyone tried Super Motherload? Looks pretty terrible.

Also when's the next batch of games supposed to hit? Tuesday? Thought there were a few more launch digital titles that were ready to go.

Robot Pants

I had the same issue with the fan noise. I then moved my PS4 out of my entertainment shelving unit that was a fairly tight space and put it in a more open area and it is noticibly cooler and quieter.
Yea when I first got it I wanted to get everything sorted so I set it up outside of my entertainment center and didn't have this problem. But once I moved it inside.... It isn't hot though. My slim ps3 gets waaaaaay hotter. So at least there's that

Requiem

The speed of this system is phenomenal

I love how fast going from game to dashboard and back to game is...I find myself doing it just cause lol

Didn't Sony recently allow sub accounts to be upgraded to master? How do you do it? My friend says he can't broadcast without having the master account.

Ricker

I could of sworn at one point yesterday,I had the overview of Killzone and it showed me some options,including the manual,on the right side...It's not showing anymore and I want to make sure how to switch stuff for the robot...I only realised I had a shield until the reveal chapter so I want that digital manual icon to show again but it's not...?

fritolay

How does the share button work exactly?

If you are playing a game like COD multiplayer, can you just hit the share button and it it will save last xx of video and then you can choose to upload it later? Surely you don't have to upload it or make decision while playing?

Top Bottom