• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Is it confirmed that you can use music unlimited to stream music and get a custom soundtrack for the game? I'm somewhat sick of Resogun's music lol.

Edit: Seems like it. 30 day trial here I come.

How do I get the headset to work(monotone). Whenever I use it ITS SOOOOOO QUIET! I CAN BARELY HEAR. I put the volume for it ALL the way up. Idk.......I'm kinda sad.

FluxWaveZ

Damn it, I deleted Resogun by accident by being stupid with the "Options" button (deleted it instead of closing the application) and now I can't re-download it because of whatever problems the service is going through.

DryvBy

This is kind of weird. Anyone running hardwired? I have a direct LAN connection and my download/upload speeds suck on the PS4's network test. I'm on a 100mbps plan that reads 98mbps download and 37mbps upload on my main PC. On a bad wifi (see here: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3105979670), I'm still above the PS4's speed.

On the PS4, however, their tests show I'm at 13mbps download and 1.9mbps upload. This is directly connecting to the modem. I was directly connecting it because the Twitch streaming is really choppy in some games, especially Ghosts online.

Anyone else notice this?

White = normal, blue is at startup, orange = standby, red = overheating, pulsing blue continuously = screwed, I think.

This is from the online manual:

Lights up in white = Powered on
Lights up in orange = Standby mode

Blinks in red = The PS4™ system is overheating.
Turn off the system, and wait until later to use it.

Here's a sequence I just observed.

Orange (Fan running): System is waiting for an active download to complete before going to full standby mode. You will also see occasional blinking, which I think indicates disk activity as it installs the software.

Arklite

Is it confirmed that you can use music unlimited to stream music and get a custom soundtrack for the game? I'm somewhat sick of Resogun's music lol.

Edit: Seems like it. 30 day trial here I come.
Yeah, works very well. Thought I might get a bit of lag streaming music and playing KZ multi player simultaneously since my songs sometimes skip while playing on PC, but its all smooth.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is anyone having problems with credit card stuff?

Trying to enter my PS+ code but requires a credit card on file. Keeps saying the card number is wrong even though it's exactly right. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, do I need to keep a card on file as long as PS+ is active or can I delete it afterwards?

Anyone?

GQman2121

Banned
Tried to buy flower, it let me spend the money on it but it doesn't show up in notifications, says "purchased" in the store but nothing on the menu or anything else, the icon in the library has the download icon but it won't let me download (doesn't even show an option for it). Just sends me back to the home screen.

I had the same thing last night. The download button eventually appeared under library and I was able to download it. Just hang in there.

sajj316

I'm avoiding PSN for the next couple of days ... No problem playing single player and testing remote play. Once Sony sorts their shit, I'll start messing around.

My ps4 only makes a lot of noise when. It first starts kill zone. After that, it is pretty quiet.

My PS4 is also super-quiet, I wonder if people with louder PS4's are standing it up vertical without the stand? Since the air intake is on the side of the PS4, it would restrict the airflow somewhat, and the hottest part of the console is on the bottom of the PS4 when it's standing up.

I'd really like someone who has a somewhat loud PS4 to test it with the system laying horizontally and see if that makes a difference or not.

v1lla21

This is kind of weird. Anyone running hardwired? I have a direct LAN connection and my download/upload speeds suck on the PS4's network test. I'm on a 100mbps plan that reads 98mbps download and 37mbps upload on my main PC. On a bad wifi (see here: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3105979670), I'm still above the PS4's speed.

On the PS4, however, their tests show I'm at 13mbps download and 1.9mbps upload. This is directly connecting to the modem. I was directly connecting it because the Twitch streaming is really choppy in some games, especially Ghosts online.

Anyone else notice this?
yup. I have a 50mbps DL and 20mbps upload connection and I barely get 15mbps DL and 10mbps upload. On my PC I get 42mbps DL and 19mbps upload.

Shinjiru

Anyone having trouble with the DS4's rumble working in some games but not others? It works fine in Flower and Killzone but not at all in Knack.

Anyone else notice this?

The tests are usually inaccurate

Man, my friends PS4 is super duper loud when playing Killzone. It sounds like that is common yeah? He should be okay.

Most likely it's because the game is still copying data from the BD to the HDD. I thought the same thing when I started playing Killzone for the first time, but once the PS4 was done copying the game, it was quiet from that point on.

Doran902

black flag is a great ps4 choice, its gorgeous, runs amazing and is my favorite assassins creed game

although i love pirates and sailing music, and sharks..........sharks haha

Gaz_RB

So if you really want a video to go on youtube

1.Upload to Facebook.

2. http://www.downvids.net/ Go here and download it to your computer.

3.Upload file to youtube.

Wish there was a better way.

black flag is a great ps4 choice, its gorgeous, runs amazing and is my favorite assassins creed game

although i love pirates and sailing music, and sharks..........sharks haha

Seconded. It's a great game.

Most likely it's because the game is still copying data from the BD to the HDD. I thought the same thing when I started playing Killzone for the first time, but once the PS4 was done copying the game, it was quiet from that point on.
How can you tell when it is done copying data? He has been playing it since last night and it says it has taken up 39GB of his hard drive.

I've turned it off completely twice and put it in standby once. I'll probably completely turn it off the majority of the time.

I turn it off too... at least overnight or if its going to be longer than a couple of hours. It took me a while but I've figured it out. Standy =/= Red LED on PS3. Its just a lower powered version of on. There's still a faint humming and airflow coming from the unit.

Yeah, Killzone and Knack both get quite loud when I'm playing. Like The Last of Us 60gb launch PS3 levels of loud. Resogun I can only hear a slight hum.

I thinks that's actually a Blue Ray drive. It's higher pitched compared to the PS3 versions so it can easily be confused by fan noise. I've noticed the same thing.

Top Bottom