• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Boogdud

I had the same thing last night. The download button eventually appeared under library and I was able to download it. Just hang in there.

Well the thing is NOTHING works in the library, I just have warframe, resogun, crunchyroll and amazon and flower, and none of them work in the library. Anything I use in the library just kicks me to the home screen. If I use them on the home menu they load just fine. Unfortunately flower doesn't show up anywhere on the home screen.

It's really starting to frustrate me

Alucrid

Banned
BF4 crashed due to an error message in single player, then I found that I wasn't connected to PSN anymore. I guess it's down, but I didn't realize disconnecting sends you back to the main menu.

hold down PS button and go to Adjust Devices. You can turn up the volume on the headset and the speaker in the Dualshock.

Whenever I put it in ALL the way it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't even recognize it's in there! Let alone not being able to hear very well with it anyways. Can someone make a thread about the headset?

Jeels

Took my Vita to Uni today to try out remote play from across the city/different network but it looks like you have to change some settings on the PS4 itself before you can do it...I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Boogdud

you can also use the webstore to start the download. that still works

Thank you for this suggestion, was able to get it to download by going to the site and starting it there. Still, nothing on my ps4 will work if I try to launch it from the 'Library', it just kicks you back to the homescreen and does nothing, no matter what the app/game.

The home screen needs quite a bit of work because it's a cluttered mess with no ability to sort or hide anything. Hopefully they'll get on patching that asap.

I swear all this crap started when I downloaded and played warframe. Is that game cursed or something?

So my girlfriend and I are playing Lego Marvel. She's logged on to her account and I'm on mine. But the trophies are only popping for my account. Yesterday we just signed in as a guest to try out the air hockey mode in Playroom and the trophies were popping for both my account and the guest account. Any idea why they are only showing on mine even though she's logged in?

Joeki11a

Banned
freaking great, tried to play warframe and it froze my PS4

Had to hard boot it, got a weird prompt that did a Safe mode check..

BF4 data was corrupted wtf?, the game doesnt work at all Campaign

I wish PS4 had HDD check up fix like PS3 has and fixes issues

damn!

kurbaan

Banned
I keep seeing the title changing about PSN issues but since yesterday I have not had any problems except once for like 2 mins it said PSN down. Cant believe people are still having issues.

Also the loud PS4 man mine is very quiet except when i first insert a disk to install or something. but then its not really LOUD.

MercuryLS

Banned
How do you lower the other players voices in MP when it's coming out of speakers? The controls for that are only activated when you have a headset plugged in.

Boogdud

Awesome, finally got Flower to download (by going to the store and manually downloading it), sat down with the wife to play and froze during loading up the game. Had to pull the cord (held power button down for over a minute with no luck).

Got back into the system and now it will not play on my profile no matter what. Every time I try to play it gets to the loading screen kicks me out and says I'll be logged out of the playstation network with some big ass error code. Meanwhile if my wife (who is just a guest account) is the only one plugged in she can load it up and play just fine.

Then it tells me the data is corrupt and it has to create new data. Still every time I try to log in it kicks me off PSN and boots me to the homescreen and turns off my controller.

Just to finally break it off in my ass I can't download flower from the store, it says 'purchased' again and will not let me download it.

This is frustrating as shit.

Joeki11a

Banned
does the PS4 have a safe mode and fixes issues on HDD overall system stability?

I think I need to delete the BF4 35 gig data? fuuuu its not going past the intro sequence!

Mifune

Mehmber
It's strange, I haven't had network issues since I hooked it up last night. Maybe I'm just picking good times to be online.

I wish there was an easy way to see which of your PSN friends have PS4s.

Hey I discovered there IS one PS4 demo on PSN (that I could find). It's just Fifa, and it's the same one at retail kiosks, but it's actually kind of fun. The only way to find the demo is to go to the area for buying the game outright, and there's a "download demo" option there as well.

CoG

I just got everything hooked up. Used the code for the free 30 day of PSN+. It shows up in my account as having PSN+ but the PSN+ link in the store page just tries to get me to purchase it and I cannot download Resogun. I tried entering the code again and nothing. Anyone have this problem?

Kyoufu

Hey I discovered there IS one PS4 demo on PSN (that I could find). It's just Fifa, and it's the same one at retail kiosks, but it's actually kind of fun. The only way to find the demo is to go to the area for buying the game outright, and there's a "download demo" option there as well.

There's a Trine 2 demo also.

Goddamn, seems like the PSN is a mess. I wonder if it will happen with Live next week too? Or if it shouldn't, since now they claim they have thousands of servers, etc?

I just got everything hooked up. Used the code for the free 30 day of PSN+. It shows up in my account as having PSN+ but the PSN+ link in the store page just tries to get me to purchase it and I cannot download Resogun. I tried entering the code again and nothing. Anyone have this problem?
There's one area in the Playstation plus menus that seems to be just for signing up for the service, and the games they list there seem to just link to the same thing. Dig a little deeper to find those games, it should let you download them for free in a different area of the store.

Top Bottom