• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah there is no exclusive section that shows ps+ games. Its actually just a section to buy shit. They do this because even when you have the trial the only way to sign up for a year is to buy it as it doesnt rebill that way.

Boogdud

error (CE-30022-7) and logged out of the ps4, every time I try to start flower. Only on my primary account, if I log in a guest account it works just fine. Good times.

Conquest isn't working for anyone, which is one of the reasons I bought the game. Errors are everywhere and they'll kick you out to the dashboard. Plus one of the errors corrupted my save file and deleted my campaign progress. You can't edit loadouts from the main screen and then you can't join games as a group.

Yes, I've just found out these issues first hand. Can't use conquest mode, and even when I get in to team deathmatch, it is noticibly laggy and has booted me every time. I finally gave up and started playing Killzone again.

I've been having decent luck with PSN. Only thing I'm noticing now is that What's New is totally blank, and the "Live Area" screen that I saw on my games yesterday isn't there today in the menu. I can launch games, but it doesn't kick me over to that menu when I highlight those games.

Is everyone seeing this?

CoG

There's one area in the Playstation plus menus that seems to be just for signing up for the service, and the games they list there seem to just link to the same thing. Dig a little deeper to find those games, it should let you download them for free in a different area of the store.

Thanks that was it. Really bad UI and messaging around the trial and upsell to PSN+. Just seems broken.

I've been having decent luck with PSN. Only thing I'm noticing now is that What's New is totally blank, and the "Live Area" screen that I saw on my games yesterday isn't there today in the menu. I can launch games, but it doesn't kick me over to that menu when I highlight those games.

Is everyone seeing this?
Yes, that stuff is down due to PSN issues.

Does the controller charge while connected and system is in standbye? Can I charge it connecting it by usb to my pc? It gives off no indicator light that it's charging like the ps3 controllers did.

txag2005

Banned
Is anybody using the Rocketfish headset? Is it any good?

The pack in ear bug thing is driving me insane and I want some reliable for chat until Sony patches in support for the Pulse Wireless Headset.

Does anyones fan stay on while in standby mode? It's extremely quiet and doesn't bother me at this time. To actually hear it I need to put my ear up to the vent. But I just find it strange that the fan is still humming while the system is in its next lowest power state, albeit an extremely quiet hum.

Iacobellis

How well does the Camera work as a mic? I have a pair of XB-500's and was thinking I could use those for sound and a Camera for chat. That way I wouldn't need to spend another $100+ on Pulse Elites.

BadMisterFrosty

Neo Member
PSN is still very dodging, I haven't been able to sign into the Store all day, but I somewhat expected this. Its launch, PSN will clear up next week (hopefully) and things will be smooth sailing going forward.

Anyone have info on the PS3>PS4 Upgrade?

I have a friend who has Black Flag for PS4 and has offered to give me the code to upgrade to PS4. Do I have to have the disc in my system every time I play or is it a one off activation that will enable my digital version?

fade_

How well does the Camera work as a mic? I have a pair of XB-500's and was thinking I could use those for sound and a Camera for chat. That way I wouldn't need to spend another $100+ on Pulse Elites.

I have a large living room and it was loud enough but echoey. Not too bad but you can tell it wasnt a close mic.

Mondy

Banned
Just because one thing is awful, doesn't mean it negates this being awful.

I'm wondering if it's the streaming audio causing it. A little light on the back shouldnt be destroying battery life. DS3 and 360 had multiple lights on them.

dualshock4lightbar.jpg

Little?

Iacobellis

I have a large living room and it was loud enough but echoey. Not too bad but you can tell it wasnt a close mic.

I'll try this route once I get the Camera and see how it fares. If it's not up to par, then I guess I will be getting some Pulse Elites.

After two days I've noticed how little noise my PS4 makes. It hasn't overheated or anything but you can barely hear the fans.

I keep hearing about how load the console is but mine has been very silent.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Anyone have info on the PS3>PS4 Upgrade?

I have a friend who has Black Flag for PS4 and has offered to give me the code to upgrade to PS4. Do I have to have the disc in my system every time I play or is it a one off activation that will enable my digital version?

Yes you need the PS3 disk when you play.

After two days I've noticed how little noise my PS4 makes. It hasn't overheated or anything but you can barely hear the fans.

I keep hearing about how load the console is but mine has been very silent.

you sir have a ps4 that works correctly (that's how mine is as well)

I have the system on for almost 12 hours straight today

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think the thing that's impressing me the most about the PS4 is that, despite bugs, hiccups, and PSN connection issues, the system and its UI are working exactly like Sony said it would.

I don't personally feel the sting of bullshit promises.

Taking screenshots, uploading videos, streaming gameplay, jumping between functions, it's all there. The OS will be updated and patched, missing deatures will be added, but man, it really is delivering as Cerny and Shu and company said it would. And the best part is that this is just the tip of the iceberg. The games are coming. More features are coming. Microsoft is entering the fray next week, and despite all their troubles and no doubt launch woes, I'm sure the XBox ONE is going to deliver as well for its fans.

As someone who has been gaming since 1985, when I was 6 years old, I'm still floored by what gaming has become, positives and negatives. I'm a console gamer, I have a kickass gaming PC. I have a Vita, I'll be getting a 3DS. Overall, I'm a happy gamer.

The PS4 is delivering for me, but then again, my expectations have always been tempered seeing as I've been through the launches of over a dozen gaming platforms.

I'm very eager to see what's coming next.

Tohsaka

Is there not a download list like there is on PS3? I entered my AC4 DLC codes via the web, but there's seemingly no way to actually download them when I go into the PS4's store or the Library. I tried adding them to the download queue via the web multiple times, but it's not downloading them and I can't find where DLC is stored in the system's menus.

Megasoum

Banned
Are PSN downloads going excruciatingly slow for anyone else?

Yeah it's super slow for me too.

But hey...at least it works now! lol

Is there not a download list like there is on PS3? I entered my AC4 DLC codes via the web, but there's seemingly no way to actually download them when I go into the PS4's store or the Library. I tried adding them to the download queue via the web multiple times, but it's not downloading them and I can't find where DLC is stored in the system's menus.

You can see the DLC from inside the game for AC4 so I imagine you can download it from there.

However I haven't been able to find the "Limited edition" content that I got with the PS3 version before I upgraded it to the PS4.According to the UBI page it's supposed to come with it but the only DLC I see is the UPlay Passport and the Aveline's Mission.

Top Bottom