• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

DoctorZ

the ones that have the official playstation product logo from third party is as official as we'll get in the US.

Was that officially said by Sony?

The FAQ just says launch window.

"In North America, vertical stands for PS4 will be released by partners as officially licensed program products during PS4’s launch window."

Was that officially said by Sony?

The FAQ just says launch window.

"In North America, vertical stands for PS4 will be released by partners as officially licensed program products during PS4’s launch window."

because licensed product from other partners probably only sell in one retailer. Rocketfish is BB's brand. and there's probably someone else selling on amazon but for now it's unknown. but Power A is selling the charging station at best buy and amazon and they are a licensed partner. or maybe rocketfish will sell on amazon later. who knows.

DoomGyver

The more I think about it.. I'm probably going to just have my PS4 held for pickup at the UPS facility and pick it up at 8am.

I'm not waiting until 7pm Friday night.

DoctorZ

because licensed product from other partners probably only sell in one retailer. Rocketfish is BB's brand. and there's probably someone else selling on amazon but for now it's unknown. but Power A is selling the charging station at best buy and amazon and they are a licensed partner. or maybe rocketfish will sell on amazon later. who knows.

That's not what I meant. I meant Sony specifically in the FAQ never said that the official one wouldn't come out in NA, they only said during the "launch window" it would be from licensed partners. Later in the FAQ it also states

"North American accessories available at launch will include the PS4 vertical stand ($14.00 MSRP), which enable owners gamers to securely place the PS4 system in the vertical position, and the DUALSHOCK 4 charging cradle ($29.99 MSRP), which enables two controllers to be charged away from the PS4 system."

Which I assume to mean the licensed versions. But if Sony releases the official stand down the line, post "launch window" I'd rather get that one. Unless the official one isn't that good anyways.

Has Sony specifically stated that the official stand will only be sold in EU, forever, or could it eventually be sold by NA retailers?

FuturusX

The more I think about it.. I'm probably going to just have my PS4 held for pickup at the UPS facility and pick it up at 8am.

I'm not waiting until 7pm Friday night.

Can you do that with a Amazon order? How doth such magic work? UPS delivers late to my neck of the woods...

What was this rumor? I actually *just* updated my payment info for my PS4 preorder on Sunday when all the B2G1 stuff started going around. Did I just screw myself or something?
I'd imagine they're already packing up the PS4s with your address as we speak. So changing the address probably messes that up for them. I just changed my payment method again and my estimated delivery didn't move or changes at all and I got my comfirmation email that the payment was changed successfully.

That's not what I meant. I meant Sony specifically in the FAQ never said that the official one wouldn't come out in NA, they only said during the "launch window" it would be from licensed partners. Later in the FAQ it also states

"North American accessories available at launch will include the PS4 vertical stand ($14.00 MSRP), which enable owners gamers to securely place the PS4 system in the vertical position, and the DUALSHOCK 4 charging cradle ($29.99 MSRP), which enables two controllers to be charged away from the PS4 system."

Which I assume to mean the licensed versions. But if Sony releases the official stand down the line, post "launch window" I'd rather get that one. Unless the official one isn't that good anyways.

Has Sony specifically stated that the official stand will only be sold in EU, forever, or could it eventually be sold by NA retailers?
Don't think they have but i wouldn't hold my breath for it unless it's something like colored controllers or BT Headsets. the third party ones look almost exactly the same anyways

I'd imagine they're already packing up the PS4s with your address as we speak.p, so changing the address probably messes that up for them. I just changed my payment method again and my estimated delivery didn't move or changes at all and I got my comfirmation email that the payment was changed successfully.

OK yeah, changing the address I could see screwing up the arrival time. Thankfully, I didn't do that, just update the payment. Still says the same 'Delivery by Nov 15th' and all that jazz, and I did get the confirmation email that the payment method was updated. So I guess I'm good.

Jeeze - had a minor heart attack when I read that originally - must be launch week!

DoctorZ

Don't think they have but i wouldn't hold my breath for it unless it's something like colored controllers or BT Headsets. the third party ones look almost exactly the same anyways

Its not the look, its the weight I'm worried about. I remember seeing a stream where they had a stand and were commenting on how heavy it was. I think it was the E3 Giant Bomb stream when Adam Boyes showed up. I don't want to pay $20 for something that isn't weighted down enough. I'll have to see how heavy they are in store.

jd78

Neo Member
Can you do that with a Amazon order? How doth such magic work? UPS delivers late to my neck of the woods...

Not usually... UPS usually has to make a delivery attempt before you have the option to pick it up unless you are a UPS My Choice customer (or at least that's has been my experience with them).

I'm doing discussion questions for my online business communications class, right? So I go to type "Playstation 4" in the response and the word editor wants to change it to "Plantation 4".

cdkee

Banned
FpjX7hb.jpg

360 am cry.

PS4 here I come!

It says Nov 15th release date. They might have them, but not put it out until the 15th. You can preorder for in store pickup on the 15th as well.

Thanks, didn't know that wanted mine at midnight and Gamestop changed the date to December 3rd or something. I should just pre-order for store pickup at the nearest Best Buy then.

I decided to tweak one for myself as well!

By sheer luck, I will be able to afford a PS4 this week. The question now becomes, will I be able to PROCURE one?! I guess we'll see.

HORRORSHØW

fuck. being banned during launch week sure sucked. getting my games tomorrow: knack, kz, and ac4. can't wait til the system comes on friday.

I decided to tweak one for myself as well!

By sheer luck, I will be able to afford a PS4 this week. The question now becomes, will I be able to PROCURE one?! I guess we'll see.

If you're in LA, please be sure to stop at the Sony store located in Century City, we have a lot of units(apart from pre-orders) for sale at launch!

rCIZZLE

Is it too late to preorder a PS4? I've had a change of heart and feel like jumping in this year. PEACE.

I'm going to gamestop early Thursday to line up and try to get one. If the manager there says they won't have extras for those without preorders then I'll be trying Best Buy across the parking lot. Doubt I'll try target since they don't seem to be doing midnight releases and I can't stick around in the morning.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Grimløck;89493665 said:
fuck. being banned during launch week sure sucked. getting my games tomorrow: knack, kz, and ac4. can't wait til the system comes on friday.
I was banned during the PS4 reveal event back in February. My Twitter usage skyrocketed.

NoTacos

If you're in LA, please be sure to stop at the Sony store located in Century City, we have a lot of units(apart from pre-orders) for sale at launch!

Positivity and trying to help your GAF brethren. A cookie for you good sir (or madam)!

Is it too late to preorder a PS4? I've had a change of heart and feel like jumping in this year. PEACE.

Yeah I believe preorders need to be made at the very latest 2 weeks before the street date so they can have the correct amount of reserved pre-order units and regular stock. Best option is to do a walk in thursday night/early friday morning. Check Costco, Sams Club, Sears and Kmart.

Yes, Sears and Kmart. I know for a fact the Kmart in my area does not do in store preorders (everything is preordered online and sent directly to home) so all the units on hand are walk in purchases. Sears and Kmart are under the same company so they may be doing the same thing.

sikkinixx

Canadian GameStop Twitter account is saying they won't ship web orders until Thursday. This thread will be painful as hell while I wait until next week for it to arrive.

FuturusX

Not usually... UPS usually has to make a delivery attempt before you have the option to pick it up unless you are a UPS My Choice customer (or at least that's has been my experience with them).

Yep that's been my experience in the past. Thanks for the clarification...I was deluded by hope there for a second.

Canadian GameStop Twitter account is saying they won't ship web orders until Thursday. This thread will be painful as hell while I wait until next week for it to arrive.

Yeah. Ordering new consoles online isn't really worth it for us Canadians, shipping is always terrible for us. Preorder locally next time if you can!

Struggling with deciding which launch titles to buy. I am debating Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts Hardened Edition and Killzone: Shadowfall pre-orders, to go with my more definite purchases of Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Lego Marvel Superheroes and Skylanders: Swap Force.

The shooters are more for my partner, I just can't decide if we need both Battlefield 4 AND Call of Duty: Ghosts. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell? Why wouldn't they ship it in time for it to arrive on the 15th?

Top Bottom