• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

ahuffman

Banned
Why anyone would buy cod if they already bought bf and kzsf is beyond me.

Squads mode looks like too much fun for me to pass up. If it were not for that, I would definitely skip. I just cannot decide which of the 3 to skip, so I am just getting them all.

kanuuna

I guess I underestimated the demand for PS4's around where I live, or just overestimated the supply. I visited several stores that I thought might get some units for launch, but consoles were either reserved and sold out, or they had no idea if they were going to get any for the European launch of the 29th. In the end, I was able to reserve a Killzone bundle for mid December. I paid the 499€ upfront (for the bundle that only had the game and the system, not the one with the camera and two controllers). Two weeks shouldn't be that painful of a wait. I hope I can buy a game or two from the PlayStation Store whilst I wait for my unit.

I also placed an order on a new TV one that I will be able to hang next to my PC, and one that I will use with the PS3 that is to retire. Hopefully, I will have no issues with image retention with the PS4 and my plasma set.

Bradach

I guess I underestimated the demand for PS4's around where I live, or just overestimated the supply. I visited several stores that I thought might get some units for launch, but consoles were either reserved and sold out, or they had no idea if they were going to get any for the European launch of the 29th. In the end, I was able to reserve a Killzone bundle for mid December. I paid the 499€ upfront (for the bundle that only had the game and the system, not the one with the camera and two controllers). Two weeks shouldn't be that painful of a wait. I hope I can buy a game or two from the PlayStation Store whilst I wait for my unit.

I also placed an order on a new TV one that I will be able to hang next to my PC, and one that I will use with the PS3 that is to retire. Hopefully, I will have no issues with image retention with the PS4 and my plasma set.

Nice TV! All that glorious new tech... happy times.

Kssio_Aug

I searched for Knack and Killzone SF at US PS Store and could not find them to buy yet.

Will they be released to buy at the consoles lanch? I thought I would already be able to pre-order it there.

jwk94

I searched for Knack and Killzone SF at US PS Store and could not find them to buy yet.

Will they be released to buy at the consoles lanch? I thought I would already be able to pre-order it there.

That's weird. I just check myself and I can't find any of the PS4 games. In fact, the PS4 section is gone.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

huh? US PSN Store?

wtf? I was going to post the links but damn.. looks like Sony took them down. I just pre-ordered those exact same titles two weeks ago on the $10 back on $50 promotion.

edit - anyway, yeah they better be f'ing ready to release at launch... or Sony is going to have one (really MANY) very unhappy customer who already paid them $120 for both games. }:(

So consoles shipping tomorrow?

Not jealous at all..

Enjoy though, looking forward to reading reviews and watching many videos, it should make the next two weeks fly past.

Reckoner

I have been thinking lately how great it would be if they re-released The Last of Us 1080p/60fps with some tweaks and more mp maps. I would jump in in no time.

That's weird. I just check myself and I can't find any of the PS4 games. In fact, the PS4 section is gone.

This same thing happened to me. The Web Store doesn't have a PS4 section anymore. I have no idea why.

You can still go on your PS3 and preorder PS4 games there. It's very bizarre, but I successfully preordered Killzone though the PS3.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So consoles shipping tomorrow?

Not jealous at all..

Enjoy though, looking forward to reading reviews and watching many videos, it should make the next two weeks fly past.

from many retailers? Probably.

Amazon I don't see them shipping til Thursday in most cases. No way Amazon wants to be responsible for thousands of people getting their systems on Thursday with a Wednesday shipment given on how many distribution centers amazon has across the country.

Yoday

huh? US PSN Store?

wtf? I was going to post the links but damn.. looks like Sony took them down. I just pre-ordered those exact same titles two weeks ago on the $10 back on $50 promotion.

edit - anyway, yeah they better be f'ing ready to release at launch... or Sony is going to have one (really MANY) very unhappy customer who already paid them $120 for both games. }:(
Knack has been completely absent from the entire PSN since last weeks update, it was really odd. But yeah, all PS4 games are now taken down. I remember them mentioning specifically that the Warframe pre-order only lasted until the 12th, so they probably removed all PS4 games so that they can't be pre-ordered anymore since technically this weeks update should include all of those games as releases.

Yoday

from many retailers? Probably.

Amazon I don't see them shipping til Thursday in most cases. No way Amazon wants to be responsible for thousands of people getting their systems on Thursday with a Wednesday shipment given on how many distribution centers amazon has across the country.
I'd be shocked if they wait until Thursday to ship all of those consoles. There is no way they are going to pay for overnight shipping on all of those large boxes if they don't have to. They will probably ship tomorrow with clear instructions not to deliver until Friday.

potam

Banned
God damnit guys, it's started for me.

Last night I had one of those half-asleep, half-awake dreams where I thought Amazon sent me an email that they shipped mine last night. What the fuck.

Kssio_Aug

huh? US PSN Store?

Hmmm, really weird then. Maybe its in some kind of maintance??

Hope they "fix" it soon enough!

-SD-

Banned
Does anyone know the original source for this image?

I've converted the image to use as a wallpaper on my phone, but I would like to find a higher quality to use as my computer background as well. I originally found the image at hqwide.com via a Google image search.
Original post on author's website: http://drewpixel.tumblr.com/post/31436227713/check-out-my-minimalist-playstation-all-star

tumblr_ma9lnuVLpa1qizxnjo2_r2_1280.jpg

Phreaker

Did anyone get NFS or have it shipping to them yet? Mine still "DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." at Amazon.

Yoday

Did anyone get NFS or have it shipping to them yet? Mine still "DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." at Amazon.
Nope, buying digital, and Ghost has already confirmed it will be up on the store at midnight.

domstah

When does the review embargo lift? I have BF4 coming with the console, and really want to use my Buy1 Get 1 code from Amazon on Assassin's Creed - but don't know what to get as my freebie. I have access to Ghosts and Killzone and the only other game that is remotely appealing is Knack, but I want to see if Knack is any good before I order it.

So yesterday Best Buy sent me an email saying that my payment wasn't processed for my PS4 pre-order. Which led me to arguing an hour and a half with customer service asking what happened. Long story short they messed up, they fixed it and told me to call again today. So I just did. My payment went through and they're already started processing my shipping and I should receive a tracking number either today or tomorrow. My hype has risen considerably since this phone call as you can imagine. But still; fuck Best Buy.

kmg90

This week is pretty much like how it was for me as a child days leading up to Christmas

Man I'm going to have a interesting Thursday night trying to sleep amid the hype

I thought one of the comments in the nfs thread there said amzn would have it delivering by friday.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ok guys, question. I dont have ps+ yet. Im getting a launch PS4. What are the details as far as being able to get games like reso-gun for free and free trials of Ps+? Will i be set for the first 30 days and then buy a year membership? Or do i have to do something before the PS4 actually launches?

Ok guys, question. I dont have ps+ yet. Im getting a launch PS4. What are the details as far as being able to get games like reso-gun for free and free trials of Ps+? Will i be set for the first 30 days and then buy a year membership? Or do i have to do something before the PS4 actually launches?

every launch edition systems in NA includes a slip for 30 day PS+, 30 day Music Unlimited, $10 PSN voucher, and something else.
so just use the code that comes with the system and then buy a 1 year sub when that's over.

Top Bottom