• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

sikkinixx

Yeah. Ordering new consoles online isn't really worth it for us Canadians, shipping is always terrible for us. Preorder locally next time if you can!

For the Vita and Wii U futureshop had it to me launch day morning no issues. Bummer I was forced to use EB because of trade in credit.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well I was thinking the amazon B2G1 deal would work tonight but I keep getting this promotion has not yet started whan entering the GR8TNESS code.

I've decided on KFSF, NBA2k14, and NFS Rivals. Decided it makes too much sense to wait for Knack to be inevitably available on PS+ in the not so distant future.

Seems to be the general feeling towards Knack - wait for PS+ version. I hope that doesn't make too much of an impact against it in the time being.

Seems to be the general feeling towards Knack - wait for PS+ version. I hope that doesn't make too much of an impact against it in the time being.

I imagine it will indeed negatively impact sales. Only significance to be determined

So many early console purchases will be by enthusiasts who will likely already know the value of PS+ and thus quite a lot may hold off on Knack for that reason

JxVFMtk.jpg
he/she really wants a PS4 :)

Quick question, I'm gonna be going to NYC on December 20 then leaving on the 23rd. Then going back there around Jan 2. What are the chances of me easily finding a PS4? :) Thanks for the replies! :)

NIN90

Anyone know how languages for games are handled? Is it like on 360 and PS3 where the system language determines what language the game uses?

Quick question, I'm gonna be going to NYC on December 20 then leaving on the 23rd. Then going back there around Jan 2. What are the chances of me easily finding a PS4? :) Thanks for the replies! :)
Really depends where you go. The advantage, however, is that there are Best Buys, GameStops, Targets, and any number of large retail chains ALL over NYC and the surrounding borrows. I would recommend looking outside of the city. Like try Staten Island or even Queens. I'm in Brooklyn and the console situation here is serious. Sold out everywhere.

Just like what Greg Miller said when PlayStation 4 announced and take a stab at Microsoft and the PlayStation 4 launched:

"IT'S MY NAME, BEYOND! BEYOND! I'M GONNA SAY OUT OF THE SHOW, BEYOND! COME ON! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING FOR US! THEY'RE GONNA BUY VITAS! SHUHEI, WE WON!"

@ Ben Roderick
(Thank you.)

Pachimari

OK, any more word on the official stand being released in NA? Their faq says third parties will have it at launch, but will they release the official ones in NA ever?

Its releasing in europe at launch apparantly.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00D781Q9G/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D781Q9G/

Can we expect to see this available then in NA?

the ones that have the official playstation product logo from third party is as official as we'll get in the US.
I'm pretty sure Amazon US is selling the official stand. That's where I ordered mine from.

northead

wow nice find!

I wonder if he's the first person allowed to show the UI, he talks about coverage coming very soon.

Good find. Interested to see his follow up vids!

Interesting that he has large DriveClub and Killzone artwork on the wall.

Wow, not following this thread I didn't think this could get much attention.
Lew has a very good channel with quality tech videos, and sometimes exclusives like this. He also somehow managed to get his hands on the iPad Air's chassis a few months back for instance... but now that giveaway is making me drool, albeit I don't really want a PS4 yet.

Really depends where you go. The advantage, however, is that there are Best Buys, GameStops, Targets, and any number of large retail chains ALL over NYC and the surrounding borrows. I would recommend looking outside of the city. Like try Staten Island or even Queens. I'm in Brooklyn and the console situation here is serious. Sold out everywhere.

I shall do that when I get there. :) Is it possible to like.. Call the stores (when i get to NY) and ask them if they have a unit available, and if they do, reserve it since I have to cab to get to the store? Just wondering cause over here in the Philippines, you can. So I'm not really sure if you can do it over there. hahaha!

Petrie

Banned
So thanks to amazing Amazon I have a copy of Battlefield 4, Zillzone Shadowfall, and an extra DS4 coming to go with my PS4, and it isn't costing me anything but a preorder for some games I may be wanting over the next year or so. Then there's the free month of PS+ and the games that come with it because of that. Not to mention the F2P stuff at launch and beyond.

$430 including tax for all that gaming goodness, not to mention a spare controller?

Life is awesome.

Way to go Sony/Amazon.

prophecy0

I'm so hyped!

Does anyone know the original source for this image?

I've converted the image to use as a wallpaper on my phone, but I would like to find a higher quality to use as my computer background as well. I originally found the image at hqwide.com via a Google image search.

Thorgi

I'm thinking about going with Shadow Fall, Assassin's Creed IV and Knack with the B2G1 free deal. First two are a bit of a no brainer, but I figured I would get a second game that would be exclusive to PS4. If Christmas works out, I won't have to wait long for BF4 anyway.

Dave_6

I'm ready. Unhooked my 360 last night and boxed it up to make room for my PS4! Haven't played it in months anyways.

Pop

I'm ready. Unhooked my 360 last night and boxed it up to make room for my PS4! Haven't played it in months anyways.

I haven't had my Ps3 hooked up in weeks.
Cause I gave it to my dad.

I'm fucking pumped for the Ps4.

They are not currently... maybe in the future?
Amazon.co.uk has the official stand and ds4 docking station.

*Imitating Conan O'Brien* In the Year 3000... Amazon finally sells the vertical stand but people are disappointed that when their orders arrive and they discover that it's for the Xbox One.

Derrick01

Banned
I got my first 3 games already (well 2 really, I didn't really want COD but I wasn't leaving empty handed) and hopefully after noon I'll have the other 3 from Amazon. It's almost happening time!

What the hell? Why wouldn't they ship it in time for it to arrive on the 15th?

Because Canada, that's why.
I have an amazon.ca pre-orer from june 10, and my launch edition is arriving almost 1 week later.
So my launch edition is really an "almost a week later edition".

Breemin

Just waiting to trade in NBA2K14 and Madden 25 PS3 versions for the PS4 versions.
Hope the $10 trade in's we were promised will not be a hassle. (gamestop)

Already took off Friday, I just don't like the possibility of the delivery man leaving the PS4 (from Amazon) on my front porch while kids walking home from school can see the package and know its PS4 release day... that thought alone scares me..

Mine was pre-ordered on June 13th. Still shows as "Not Shipped" .
Excitement!

Derrick01

Banned
Why anyone would buy cod if they already bought bf and kzsf is beyond me.

Well in my case I wanted Lego Marvel but of course that was the 1 game Target didn't have, but after waking up at 6am to head over there by 8 I wasn't leaving totally empty handed :lol. I'm going to exchange it for NBA on Friday and get Knack, Killzone and Lego Marvel on Amazon later today.

Knack and Madden shipped from Amazon.

Still no delivery estimate for NFS:Rivals, which makes me nervous.

Extra DS4 already arrived.

I am ready.

Top Bottom