• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I can't believe it...This pic demands a Banderas gif.... Go!

JxVFMtk.jpg

Already been done, you should visit the Banderas GIF thread!

http://i.imgur.com/OAJ8Ref.gif

-SD-

Banned
Will GAF crash as it always does during heavy traffic or has something been done to try to avoid it?

My educated guess as a long-time member is that the crashes will happen :)

Venfayth

I checked my Amazon PS4 preorder last week and noticed it was an old card, and old address. I updated both of them, should I be worried about it not shipping or something? It was made within minutes of it being available on Amazon.

some war thunder info, maybe someone can make a new thread? (i can't)

The PS4 version of War Thunder will let you play like you do on the PC, as it supports mouse and keyboard gameplay. Oh, and flight sticks. Better yet, War Thunder will also pit PS4 gamers against PC gamers, which is something we should see more of. War Thunder will also support the PlayStation Eye camera, which will feature head-tracking, letting you change the viewpoint in the game by just turning your face.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/33839...pports-mouse-and-keyboard-gameplay/index.html

Oh good lord I'm so pumped for this machine.

So as I get ready for the PS4 I'll be trying to sell my PS3 this week. And this is probably a dumb question, but are my PSN games on the machine tied directly to my account? Flower, Dragons Crown, 1943, Shatter, Shooter,......

Or, if I sold it to a friend I trust and I don't need to wipe the machine, would they still be able to play them offline?

KaQxQwm.jpg

Got Nba 2k14 at gamestop, Call of duty and Assassins creed, along with a free copy of Knack courtesy of best buy price matching target, and finally today I received Madden and Fifa were the result of free game codes from my two amazon accounts. I even cancelled my preorders with amazon, didn't have to get involved with any of the buy one/two get one free stuff with them lol

I am so excited for this machine. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm a little apprehensive as a 360-->PS4 switcher but excited. Bring on the next generation.

whogottricked

Neo Member
KaQxQwm.jpg

Got Nba 2k14 at gamestop, Call of duty and Assassins creed, along with a free copy of Knack courtesy of best buy price matching target, and finally today I received Madden and Fifa were the result of free game codes from my two amazon accounts. I even cancelled my preorders with amazon, didn't have to get involved with any of the buy one/two get one free stuff with them lol

Jelly. Want dat 2K14. My store won't sell me it yet (they're waiting 'til release, dunno why).

Ovid

Cross post from another thread.

I JUST GOT MY SHIPPING CONFIRMATION FROM SONY!!!! MY PS4 JUST SHIPPED VIA FEDEX EXPRESS!!!!

GUYS, IT'S STARTING!!!!

Teggy

Glad to see that a new generation doesn't mean I still can't get shipped discs that come rattling around in the case :/

I'm hoping it arrives on Thursday on something. If it does, I'll definitely post pics.

Well, not of PSN of course. I don't want to get banned :p

LOL.

I'm really surprised Sony shipped my order before Amazon.

Lol if I get mine early, I'm posting pictures and videos of everything.

NoTacos

Called Gamestop today to confirm everything about launch. Sounds like they got more PS4s than they had preorders...
I can confirm that my local gamestop got about 84 units this morning.

84 units on the first shipping day. Insanity. Who knows if they'll get more tomorrow.

joelthecomic

Neo Member
Was in Target this morning getting those cheap games, and the electronics manager said they were getting in 12 units and that 10 had been pre-ordered. For those averse to math, that's TWO machines available at launch!

Gotta Best Buy pre-order myself and I'm getting it at midnight, but those Target numbers are crazy.

Con_Smith

Banned
Heads up for dudes looking for walk ins at gamestop. Looks like all the stores are getting around a dozen plus over the pre orders (we have about 17 not counting the count we had listed for walk ins) and at least our store is staying open till 2.

Also if your gamestop says they're sold out ask them what time they'ok open the next morning. I believe it's 8 so check. You should be able to score one easy if you don't hit up a Wal-Mart.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Interesting. Just called a local Gamestop for a friend who doesn't have a pre-order and was told by the manager that Gamestop is putting extra PS4s on sale at 6pm on Thursday for walk in customers. At this point, the PS4 will have to be paid in full and you MUST come back at midnight to get it. If you can't commit, they won't sell you the PS4. Next time to check is Sunday morning upon opening as the time limit for them holding pre-orders runs out and is free game. Hope that helps anyone thinking of camping out.

NoTacos

Wonder if I should call my local Gamestop. I doubt I would be that lucky though
You can call, just be ready to act. Especially with no next gen console offers for Black Friday (so far and unlikely) I don't see why anyone would wait 2 extra weeks just to fight crazy shoppers for one.

Well screw it, I'm going double barreled.

I did manage to get the money I need to cover Amazon, but I think I'm going to line up and try to get a second. I'd much rather the money be on the BB card than out of pocket, so IF I can get one, I'll probably sell it at cost online.

Of course BB just switched to a new bank and they didn't send me a card and I don't know if they will let me buy it with the account but no card. I have done this before but if they consider the card 'on it's way' I don't think they will.

FFS I just can't get a straight answer out of anyone recently.

prophecy0

I checked my Amazon PS4 preorder last week and noticed it was an old card, and old address. I updated both of them, should I be worried about it not shipping or something? It was made within minutes of it being available on Amazon.

I'm in the same boat. I don't think there's any reason to worry. I guess we'll find out in the next day or two.

That wobbling better be an isolated incident...another guy's saying his is the same.

Newman ‏@shinobi602 9m
@cjcool804 @Kutaro123 So yours is doing the same thing?

CJ ‏@cjcool804 3m
@shinobi602 @Kutaro123 yes I switched it to vertical position.

Interesting. Just called a local Gamestop for a friend who doesn't have a pre-order and was told by the manager that Gamestop is putting extra PS4s on sale at 6pm on Thursday for walk in customers. At this point, the PS4 will have to be paid in full and you MUST come back at midnight to get it. If you can't commit, they won't sell you the PS4. Next time to check is Sunday morning upon opening as the time limit for them holding pre-orders runs out and is free game. Hope that helps anyone thinking of camping out.

Give him your preorder like a FRIEND did for me and problem solved.

Top Bottom