• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

i8trDzT.png

so MM's game to come out in 2015

Sony pulled those PS4 bootup/OS videos off Youtube, I thought they weren't going to do the same stuff as Microsoft did?

There's an embargo on the UI, so anything posted is going to be taken down even if it's from a regular consumer. The embargo seems to end tomorrow since IGN is planning a walkthrough of it.

drproton

Sony pulled those PS4 bootup/OS videos off Youtube, I thought they weren't going to do the same stuff as Microsoft did?

They only said they wouldn't ban anyone.

Pulling something that actually is their copyright, their B-roll, and pulling a customer's unboxing are a bit different, IMO.

I still think it's kind of lame regardless.

Sendou

Crunch a piece of paper and put it on the back end. Problem solved

Buy a 450€ console. Start with ducktaping the controller so you won't be distracted by the ridiculous gimmick lightbar reflecting from the TV. Put paper under the console so it doesn't wobble.

I don't know. It's just ridiculous how these get past QA.

NoTacos

Okay so I unboxed my extra ds4 and it feels...... interesting. Texturized bottom is nice, not rubberized. Handles feel great with the d pad and buttons, touchpad is pretty cool. The analog sticks are maybe a little too high for my liking, probably because I'm so used to the shorter distance between the end of the handles and the sticks on ds3, I'll probably get used to it once I run through some games of battlefield. Analog grips are nice. Seems I can max out in all directions and not slip which is a vast improvement. I like the triggers. A little weird since I'm used to the wider/heavier ds3 triggers but once again I'll get over it. One thing I'm unsure of is the share and options button placement but I'll see how that goes once I get my system up and running Friday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Remote play encodes everything at 720p60 regardless of what framerate it actually runs at.

Famous Mortimer just said in another thread that a 1st and 3rd party pair of devs have said it's flawless on networks not flooded with other devices, similar to what IGN said should be the case.

Vita doesn't have 5Ghz does it? I'd almost be tempted to set up a separate 5Ghz network if it'd improve remote play performance. My neighbourhood is pretty saturated with 2.4GHz

Buy a 450€ console. Start with ducktaping the controller so you won't be distracted by the ridiculous gimmick lightbar reflecting from the TV. Put paper under the console so it doesn't wobble.

I don't know. It's just ridiculous how these get past QA.
People really shouldn't be that close tot he tv though. And the wobbling is isolated.

Derrick01

Banned
I posted this .gif on an other thread but I think this one is more appropriate :

1384287059-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Preorder cancelled ?

Considering I don't poke my damn console while I'm playing I'm going to chalk this up as a non issue.

Now if the thing overheats and dies then we have something to complain about.

Rey

I really can't believe we are 3 days till release and we don't have any leaks yet...unbelievable..so disappointed :-(

I have to wait 3 more weeks for mine so i was hoping to see some youtube footage.

I shall do that when I get there. :) Is it possible to like.. Call the stores (when i get to NY) and ask them if they have a unit available, and if they do, reserve it since I have to cab to get to the store? Just wondering cause over here in the Philippines, you can. So I'm not really sure if you can do it over there. hahaha!
Some stores probably. Don't quote me on that. But I've had some instances with other electrical appliances where they would hold something for someone for like a few hours. Anyway, good luck in finding one!

txag2005

Banned
I have AC4, Killzone and Fifa 14 sitting on my coffee table right now. Gamestop confirmed I'll have my PS4 at midnight (or whenever the store opens Friday morning if I don't go to the midnight launch). This is the first launch I've ever been a part of and I couldn't be more excited right now.

Paid off my console today via giftcard on amazon. Ship date is exactly the same.

HYPE levels overloaded!

This will be the first console I have day 1.

jony_m

I posted this .gif on an other thread but I think this one is more appropriate :

1384287059-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Preorder cancelled ?

Hope it's just a bad batch, may rage a bit if widespread.

It seems like it's missing the rubber feet on that side, not a huge deal and can be easily fixed at home, but annoying.

Copenap

Hope it's just a bad batch, may rage a bit if widespread.

It seems like it's missing the rubber feet on that side, not a huge deal and can be easily fixed at home, but annoying.
There is nothing to be fixed, just leave the damn console alone. How can some people make this to an issue?

Mifune

Mehmber
Anyone have any luck getting Best Buy to match Target's B2G1? If so I want details. Looking to use some BB gift cards.

Just a PSA in case anyone was looking for one of those elusive vertical stands. You can go on BB and preorder it for instore pickup on Friday. I was having a helluva time tracking down one for sure. GS didnt have any and no ETA and Amazon doesnt even have a listing. I luckily had a 5.00 promo sitting in my account so only 16 bucks!

kyser73

How can you leave it alone? You have to touch it to put games in, connect usb cables and what not?

You will note that the USB ports are on the right, not over the cantilevered bit, so there will be no wobbling, unless you have to support your left hand while inserting the USB. Same applies to the drive - I've managed to never put my hand on the top o my ps3 while putting a disc in, even when drunk.

Rey

You will note that the USB ports are on the right, not over the cantilevered bit, so there will be no wobbling, unless you have to support your left hand while inserting the USB. Same applies to the drive - I've managed to never put my hand on the top o my ps3 while putting a disc in, even when drunk.

I'm going to put it on a stand so its no problem for me but I definitely can understand people getting upset by it. I like my electronical devices not wobbly.

I read the thread to make sure I could post this cause I'm sure an excess of this would be fucking obnoxious, but here goes nothing:

Amazon fucked my pre-order back in August and I called back once, they didn't do shit, and didn't bother calling twice cause I was so irritated by the first call. By then a lot of pre-orders couldn't be made anymore. So I guess it's last minute but I figure a cry here might be heard!

Does anyone have an extra launch by chance they'd like to sell to this poor soul?

Joeki11a

Banned
Been playing with the DS4 on PS3 for weeks
And.....I believe its RIP to classic L1-R1 config for shooters of any kind, those buttons are FLAT and irrelevant on the DS4 for shooters.

My best buy - Hayden Island in Portland OR - has stock met for all pre orders along with some extra for "walk ins." However, total stock is still unknown. There will be two lines, one for pre's, one for non's.

Good luck homies.

Mikey Jr.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but it seems like Jeff Gerstmann prefers the dualshock 4 over the Xbone controller.

Colour me shocked, especially considering MS spent $100 million or some shit on it.

zewone

Been playing with the DS4 on PS3 for weeks
And.....I believe its RIP to classic L1-R1 config for shooters of any kind, those buttons are FLAT and irrelevant on the DS4 for shooters.

Good riddance. 360 had this correct the whole time, and now that the should buttons on the controller are actually triggers, it's the correct move.

Top Bottom