• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Literally every game comes with a free 7 day trial voucher, I have like 4 and gave 2 away to people on my friends list already, this is crazy since they cant stack but a good way to get others on board!

I went to GameStop to reserve and pay off a few games, and saw that they had the demo unit up. No one is in the store, so I had a good amount of time with it]; The controller, for some reason, I expected it to be bigger than it was, feels beautiful. I really fell in love with it. I played Knack for a good bit, and honestly? I didn't like it much. In regards to the visuals, it felt lacking. The human and ogre characters looked nice, but the environments and Knack himself looked very bland. And I may be wrong, but I noticed a bit of stuttering.

I wasn't planning on getting that game, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. Beyond that, I'm hyped.

DBT85

Vita doesn't have 5Ghz does it? I'd almost be tempted to set up a separate 5Ghz network if it'd improve remote play performance. My neighbourhood is pretty saturated with 2.4GHz

The Vita does not have 5Ghz no. But remember that while 5Ghz is great because there are less devices on it, it doesn't go through walls as well as 2.4Ghz.

Should we wait to upgrade the HDD til after the initial boot? I was thinking about putting the new 1.5 TB hard drive i bought in before I start up the console for the first time. Safe you think?

I'd read the manual and see what it says about installing a new drive. It'll have full instructions on exactly what you need to do.

I played Knack for a good bit, and honestly? I didn't like it much. In regards to the visuals, it felt lacking. The human and ogre characters looked nice, but the environments and Knack himself looked very bland. And I may be wrong, but I noticed a bit of stuttering.

I wasn't planning on getting that game, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. Beyond that, I'm hyped.

FWIW, Cerny said in his IGN interview today that the demo build framerate was improved for the Gold Master and they have since managed to get a day 1 patch to improve it again and are thinking about a second to improve it further as everyone is continuing to learn more about the hardware every month.

-PXG-

Where the fuck is Chad Warden at? Come on, we need Chad Daddy back. Show us the ways of being ABAP and the glory that is the QU4DRUPLE.

BALLLLLINNN!!!!

ref

I'm so ready.

35nmmeG.jpg

I'm probably going to regret this months later, as I primarily play games on PC, but I just can't resist the hype.

benjammin

How wonderful right? Happened to me too. Odd though that Amazon told you to contact UPS. While UPS did tell me that Amazon preferred to take care of delivery issues themselves, Amazon told me to wait it out and that they would take care of it should it not show up by the end of tomorrow.

You may want to try Amazon CS again.

In my case though, I was able to check for delivery within about 20 minutes of them saying it was delivered... so they either never delivered it, delivered it to the wrong address, or someone grabbed it immediately. We will see what the rest of the evening brings. Right now though, it sucks.

Thanks for the advice. I called again and spoke to a different rep and now they're investigating. Hopefully it just wasn't delivered as opposed to it being stolen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Proxy

BF4, AC4 and, Knack just showed up. KZ should be here tomorrow. Guessing Amazon will ship out the console itself tomorrow as well.

FaintDeftone

I have Killzone and Battlefield 4 currently. I think I'm going to cut it off there and ask for the rest of the games I want for Christmas.

Two days left and the anticipation is killing me. Thursday night cannot come soon enough!

goldrush80

Neo Member
Where i work,if i where to wait intill dec 5th, I could get this baby for 25 percent off.Also can get 25 percent of any other stuff i buy with a one time purchase,
I dont want to wait that long i can have this baby in my hand at midnight the 15th.

What should i do!!!!!??

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Where i work,if i where to wait intill dec 5th, I could get this baby for 25 percent off.Also can get 25 percent of any other stuff i buy with a one time purchase,
I dont want to wait that long i can have this baby in my hand at midnight the 15th.

What should i do!!!!!??

25% off?? Wait.

I went to GameStop to reserve and pay off a few games, and saw that they had the demo unit up. No one is in the store, so I had a good amount of time with it]; The controller, for some reason, I expected it to be bigger than it was, feels beautiful. I really fell in love with it. I played Knack for a good bit, and honestly? I didn't like it much. In regards to the visuals, it felt lacking. The human and ogre characters looked nice, but the environments and Knack himself looked very bland. And I may be wrong, but I noticed a bit of stuttering.

Hehe. I did the exact same thing this evening. Paid off my PS4 preorder and just saw a demo unit and loaded up Knack.

My issue w/ the game isn't the visuals despite the many jaggies I noticed. It's just the dull repetitive combat & A.I. Same old crap. Enemy stands motionless until you enter their radius. Then they follow the same attack script every other NPC of their type follows. Was hoping for a little bit more in terms of NPC behavior. Just feels like the same game I've played 100 times on various consoles the last 10 years.

I guess it's decent enough as launch filler.

Strider

What should i do!!!!!??

25% is a lot. wait.

Darkener2

I'm so ready.

35nmmeG.jpg

I'm probably going to regret this months later, as I primarily play games on PC, but I just can't resist the hype.

congrats! I know I am not ready... Killzone and Need for Speed was delayed on my B2G1F on amazon today... mind you until middle of Dec. :'(

Raijinken

Do we already know if we're finally able to change the region of our PSN account? I know the 3DS can do it and convert the money that is on the account, so I'm hoping it'll be the same on PS4...

Top Bottom