• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Man with both the Amazon and Target B2G1 deals this week, it feels like PS4 may have a huge attach rate lol. If Sony timed all this, bravo

Ozone

Luckily, Futureshop here is selling it early.
3AQmK.gif
Nice! I'm still biting my nails hoping Amazon sends it on launch day.

You win this round, Canada.

Prelude.

...it's a direct translation. Sortie means Exit, but in this context means output. It just means its got the HDs.
Slightly OT: Will you guys do a video picking up the PS4? I want to see you screaming hype at Matt's face while he's all "whatevs" because it's not a Nintendo console.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have a $50 gift card for GameStop. Should I get a warranty for the system, NBA 2K14, or just use it to prepay for something to come later.. Like... MLB: The Show

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So. Getting Knack for sure on Friday. What should be my second game? Trying to decide between Killzone and Need for Speed. My only thing with killzone is I've never played 2 or 3, so I'd probably feel pretty lost story-wise.

drproton

So. Getting Knack for sure on Friday. What should be my second game? Trying to decide between Killzone and Need for Speed. My only thing with killzone is I've never played 2 or 3, so I'd probably feel pretty lost story-wise.

I'm getting Knack, and Killzone as my second game. The story won't matter much. 30 years have passed, so anything in the previous games is just background now.

- J - D -

The stories in the previous games are fairly straightforward. Just read up on wiki. Actually, there's a big Killzone Universe timeline in the Killzone SF OT that I recommend reading.

Slightly OT: Will you guys do a video picking up the PS4? I want to see you screaming hype at Matt's face while he's all "whatevs" because it's not a Nintendo console.

We absolutely have a launch video planned, but Matts actually not picking one up because he doesn't care about nothin, so he won't be there, and I don't really feel super great about going over at 9am when Im sleepwalking to record a video that's just me going oh my gosh ps4.

BFIB

Still playing GTA and Diablo 3, so I only got AC4 for launch. Never played an AC game before, but I love pirate themed anything.

New iPad has kept my hype at bay, but by Thursday I know ill be in full hype mode.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So here are some minimum HDD space requirements for those interested:
Need for Speed: Rivals - 25GB
Assassins Creed IV - 20GB
Battlefield 4 - 40 GB
Killzone Shadow Fall - 45GB

130GB for just these first games.. Hrmm

jd78

Neo Member
Where i work,if i where to wait intill dec 5th, I could get this baby for 25 percent off.Also can get 25 percent of any other stuff i buy with a one time purchase,
I dont want to wait that long i can have this baby in my hand at midnight the 15th.

What should i do!!!!!??

25% is a lot. wait.

I agree with waiting, but if you can get it now, you can always return it once you get your discounted one. I assume most places are doing Holiday period returns by now.

Prelude.

We absolutely have a launch video planned, but Matts actually not picking one up because he doesn't care about nothin, so he won't be there, and I don't really feel super great about going over at 9am when Im sleepwalking to record a video that's just me going oh my gosh ps4.
Aaaw, well, Idolm@ster PS4 is already announced, you can take Liam with you.

The one thing that would have really put this launch over the top for me personally would have been a JRPG at launch. I really hope we end up seeing one by fall 2014. I feel like this is the only platform that has a shot at reviving the genre on consoles. The Wii U and Xbox One certainly can't sell them in Japan. If Sony can't either, then it's over.

I don't want niche JRPG's mind you. I'm talking about the return of the mass market JRPG.

Prelude.

He's across town fighting a line at Target because he's a moron and expected his g/f to jump him in the line.
Oh well, Woolie is probably too busy gushing all over Killer Instinct to care, so I guess you're really on your own then. I'll still keep my hype moderately inflated for the video though.

Saiyan-Rox

Has anyone gotten the update for the app yet from Google play? The app page seems to list the update is live but since its not out here yet it won't update. Just checking in case someone is nice enough to share the apk lol

DoomGyver

I'm not sure, but to me it looks the same. The official one isn't for sale in North America for some reason.

I just went with the best buy one because I had a $10 promotional code w/ free expedited shipping. I'm beginning to think the stands are all the same. We'll see.

-PXG-

Decided to open up and take a look at the headset

bZAooOv.jpg

Not bad. It seems to get the job done. Hopefully audio and voice quality isn't total shit.

Sure, don't get CoD. Battlefield is an infinitely better game.

Thanks! I'm not particularly informed when it comes to shooters, this is what I wanted to hear. ;) I've already paid for and ordered CoD, but will return it when it arrives. Is the BF4 premium subscription worth paying for at launch?

Iacobellis

bZAooOv.jpg

Not bad. It seems to get the job done. Hopefully audio and voice quality isn't total shit.

Is this the Rocketfish one? Let me know how it is. I don't think the earpiece included with the PS4 will last me long enough.

bZAooOv.jpg

Definitely curious how this is. I'm hoping the pack-in earbud is at least decent but if it isn't I want to grab this (assuming it's good of course)

-PXG-

Is this the Rocketfish one? Let me know how it is. I don't think the earpiece included with the PS4 will last me long enough.

Definitely curious how this is. I'm hoping the pack-in earbud is at least decent but if it isn't I want to grab this (assuming it's good of course)

It feels a bit tight, even when it's extended at it's fullest. It's a bit steep at $25, when you look at how it's constructed and how it feels. But for a standard, run of the mill, 3.5mm headset, it doesn't appear to be that bad. It certainly seems much better than the shitty ear bud thing that comes with the console.

Oh...I couldn't help myself. I caved....

rQXb5ga.jpg

No manual...sad face :(

uCJG6Ww.jpg

Man. Dat new game smell. Knack smells like plastic. Killzone smells like straight wood, like the paper was just made and pressed yesterday.

I just want to pop these bad boys into a PS4 RIGHT NOW. If only the edges were smooth like old Blu Ray movies or Wii U games. Oh well.

Top Bottom