• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Clockwork

Awwww yissss....

Liz8OCI.jpg

I took advantage of the Target BOGO.

Now I just wait for my PS4 to arrive from Amazon.

Iacobellis

It feels a bit tight, even when it's extended at it's fullest. It's a bit steep at $25, when you look at how it's constructed and how it feels. But for a standard, run of the mill, 3.5mm headset, it doesn't appear to be that bad. It certainly seems much better than the shitty ear bud thing that comes with the console.

Oh...I couldn't help myself. I caved....

rQXb5ga.jpg

No manual...sad face :(

uCJG6Ww.jpg

Man. Dat new game smell. Knack smells like plastic. Killzone smells like straight wood, like the paper was just made and pressed yesterday.

I just want to pop these bad boys into a PS4 RIGHT NOW. If only the edges were smooth like old Blu Ray movies or Wii U games. Oh well.

I hope the DS4 transmits game audio to EVERY headset.

It feels a bit tight, even when it's extended at it's fullest. It's a bit steep at $25, when you look at how it's constructed and how it feels. But for a standard, run of the mill, 3.5mm headset, it doesn't appear to be that bad. It certainly seems much better than the shitty ear bud thing that comes with the console.

Gotcha. I have a very big head so tightness thing may be an issue.

Honestly the earbud doesn't bother me as long as the sound and mic quality aren't bad. But I'm curious how this headset is in terms of sound/mic quality compared to the ear bud, too.

-PXG-

Gotcha. I have a very big head so tightness thing may be an issue.

Honestly the earbud doesn't bother me as long as the sound and mic quality aren't bad. But I'm curious how this headset is in terms of sound/mic quality compared to the ear bud, too.

People bitched to no end about the ghettoness of the stock 360 headset. The PS4 ear bud is straight up poverty status. Those things are gonna get busted real quick. Even grown ass men who take care of their shit are gonna find out their mics areall fucked up really fast. It's inevitable.

terrible

Banned
Thanks! I'm not particularly informed when it comes to shooters, this is what I wanted to hear. ;) I've already paid for and ordered CoD, but will return it when it arrives. Is the BF4 premium subscription worth paying for at launch?

It's not worth it at launch no. Make sure you really plan on playing the game for a year+ before even considering premium in my opinion. The day 1 benefits are negligible.

I got Premium for BF3 and barely played the new maps. I'll wait and see with BF4 myself too.

People bitched to no end about the ghettoness of the stock 360 headset. The PS4 ear bud is straight up poverty status. Those things are gonna get busted real quick. Even grown ass men who take care of their shit are gonna find out their mics areall fucked up really fast. It's inevitable.

True, it's flimsy.

Well maybe the earbud can at least last me until a nice official headset for both game audio and game chat comes out. Can't afford one along with the system and games right now, But i'd buy one down the line.

-PXG-

Is that Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Candle bundle?! Bath and Body Works exclusive

Hell yeah, dude :D

My girl got it for me. It smells so damn good, even when it's not lit. When it is, my whole place smells so sweet, literally. It's really strong. Gives me a killer headache.

True, it's flimsy.

Well maybe the earbud can at least last me until a nice official headset for both game audio and game chat comes out. Can't afford one along with the system and games right now, But i'd buy one down the line.

I don't need anything fancy. Just something to get the job done, but won't break on me if I look at it funny.

My bad if this has already been asked/discussed but is there any actual gameplay footage of Madden yet? It's weird to see the game sitting on store shelves but no actual GP vids exist, at least from what I've seen.

Just picked up Killzone, NBA 2K14 and Assassins Creed 4 from that b2g1 target deal. They didn't have Knack, was bummed about that but I replaced it with AC4 which I was planning on getting anyway.

-PXG-

Anyone try putting a PS4 game in a PS3? Does anything magical happen?

Decided to see, for shits and giggles. Popped in Killzone...and?

Nothing.

Nothing happens. No disc icon of any kind in any section of the XMB. Nada. No messages, notifications or pop ups either stating incompatibility or anything at all.

Doombear

Thanks for the advice. I called again and spoke to a different rep and now they're investigating. Hopefully it just wasn't delivered as opposed to it being stolen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well after my follow up call with CS, they were going to replace the B1G1 games, but... they are of course now out of stock (KZ and ACIV) so there is little they could do besides refund my original 59.99. The B1G1 code was, of course, 1 time use as well so that is now no good even if the games come back in stock.

Really unfortunate all around. They did give me a $30 credit, but that isn't actually showing up anywhere. Anyone have experience with credits know if they take a bit to show up?

All in all I don't at all blame Amazon, as I truly believe UPS delivered it to the wrong place. Either way it just really sucks for Friday now. Especially as I don't see the credit or the refund in Amazon or with my card and I just don't have the energy for CS round 3...

Hmm I won a $300 gift card to Amazon at work. What should I spend it on. I've already got BF4 and NBA 2K14, I'm going to wait on Killzone for now. I'm thinking a headset and PS Camera.

FuturusX

Brothers and sisters...I have a PS4 with Knack coming from Amazon already have Killzone and a extra DS4 as part of the order. Taking advantage of the buy 2 get one free deal...what's the must have 3rd game?

Hex

Banned
Brothers and sisters...I have a PS4 with Knack coming from Amazon already have Killzone and a extra DS4 as part of the order. Taking advantage of the buy 2 get one free deal...what's the must have 3rd game?

My 4 pick ups were Killzone, Assassins Creed 4, COD Ghosts, and Injustice.
Knack is on my list for pick up.

-PXG-

Ass Creed, NBA 2K 14 or NFS.

You already have Killzone. You don't need another shooter. To hell with CoD and BF. Get the shooter that was actually made for the system, that isn't par of the course.

EDIT

Seriously. Look

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713829

Just look at all that shit in that thread. Tell me that doesn't look awesome. I can't wait to see that on my 50" LED TV on Friday.

Xenon

So where are all the reviews for the PS3 lauch games? I ended up buying Knack, KillZone:SF and BF4 blind. It would have been nice to have some sort of impression of the games now. The system is releasing in a little more than 2 days.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Tried to get Killzone, LEGO Marvel, and ACIV from Target today, but no dice. :(

I'm a sad Panda.

My boss is going to see if the Target by his house has them, and if so, he'll pick up the games for me and I can pay him later on.

I'm really hoping he can find them, as it would suck to only have my downloadable titles to play on PS4 day one. I don't want to make it an ordeal. What really sucks is that we are now back in crunch time, so my planned weekend of Thor, Ender's Game, and lots of PS4 playing is out the window.

This is shaping up to be an annoying week! GRRR!!

Ass Creed, NBA 2K 14 or NFS.

You already have Killzone. You don't need another shooter. To hell with CoD and BF. Get the shooter that was actually made for the system, that isn't par of the course.

Suggests against a multiplatform shooter for being multiplatform.

Suggests three other multiplatform games
:/

Mononoke

Banned
I have...

Ass Creed IV, Killzone: SF, Knack, Call of Duty Ghosts. I would have gotten Battlefield IV, but I already have that on PC and play it. I kind of regret getting Ghosts though, I really want NBA 2K. Might just go to gamestop and swap them (my game is still in the plastic).

-PXG-

Suggests against a multiplatform shooter for being multiplatform.

Suggests three other multiplatform games
:/

Well tell me...What other disc based exclusives is our friend gonna get then?

And I when did I ever say Ghosts or BF4 weren't worth getting because they were multi platform? I never did. I just suggested something other than another shooter, especially ones that aren't really optimized for the platform. Plus, they're really not all that special. CoD is same shit every damn year. NBA, for example, is on multiple consoles, but the PS4 version is a completely different game, that was built for it. CoD? New engine? Built for next-gen? My ass. We all know it isn't. Being on GAF for the passed few weeks, anyone would know that is pure bullshit.

MazeHaze

Banned
I think people forget that the PS3 and the PS2 launch line-up were pretty awful too, probably even worse than this. Except for Tekken Tag.

Top Bottom