• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Greatness? But there are no video games. Maybe in a year. Bit of a "Nothing Arrives" right now.

Well... There's Knack. Other than that might as well release it without any games.
iEBtiglmKAdDf.gif

D23

Getting ac4 and killzone for sure... Debating what to get for my thirdgame, bf4, 2k14 or knack... Help me gaf

Does anyone know if this movie will play on PS4?

622_front.jpg

On PS3 there is a glitch that automatically starts the director commentary and behind the scenes featurette whenever you hit play and there is no way to watch just the movie. I asked around and apparently there is a glitch in the firmware that screws up some blur ays. Has anyone heard if this issue is resolved with the new console?

Does anyone know if this movie will play on PS4?

622_front.jpg

On PS3 there is a glitch that automatically starts the director commentary and behind the scenes featurette whenever you hit play and there is no way to watch just the movie. I asked around and apparently there is a glitch in the firmware that screws up some blur ays. Has anyone heard if this issue is resolved with the new console?
That issue was fixed in a later edition of the Blu, there was a replacement program.

Amir0x

Banned
Greatness? But there are no video games. Maybe in a year. Bit of a "Nothing Arrives" right now.

there's only like 30 videogames but that's cool bro i don't make fun of people with disabilities. Some people simply can't count, and that's cool bro.

hlhbk

So I am guessing that if I cave and either go to the midnight launch or try to get a PS4 the next day its going to be sold out everywhere? I had a preorder and cancelled it. :\

Getting ac4 and killzone for sure... Debating what to get for my thirdgame, bf4, 2k14 or knack... Help me gaf

I have the same two launch games. I chose NFS Rivals on the Amazon free game promotion. I don't mind it coming around Christmas - It'll take me that long to get through the first two, Ryse (on my Xbox One) and Resogun.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
still have no fucking clue if I'm getting this thing on the 15th or not. all Walmart.com says is that my order is "processing" and will arrive on 11/21. been that way since the launch date was announced. it's especially infuriating since I pre-ordered back on June 11.

much emotions.

Vaco6121

So I am guessing that if I cave and either go to the midnight launch or try to get a PS4 the next day its going to be sold out everywhere? I had a preorder and cancelled it. :\

Gamestop is sounding like your best bet. They will be selling their non-preordered PS4s starting at 6:00 pm for the midnight release.

Gamestop is sounding like your best bet. They will be selling their non-preordered PS4s starting at 6:00 pm for the midnight release.

Best Buy as well. From what people have said it seems like they cut off pre-orders early which left them with a good amount of spare units.

And if that doesn't work, check back on Sunday. I was told that if I didn't pick up my preorder by Sunday that I'd lose it and anyone could come in and buy it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Damn don't you guys ever get bored of pew pew bang bang boom boom?

I wanna have as much variety as possible it's too bad driveclub got delayed.

Occasionally, but that's what Knack, Contrast, and Resogun (maybe not) are for.

Besides, KZ, CoD, and BF all differ from each other enough gameplay wise to keep things interesting.

-PXG-

It appears that a lot of stores will have about 10-20 or so units allocated for walk ins. That really isn't that much. So I suggest getting to a store, toughing it out and camping out ASAP on Thursday to make sure you get one.

Why the hell did they take it out, because they went through a font change? I miss it.

I don't know. Maybe they felt it fit too much with the old branding and didn't fit the new stuff. I miss it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn don't you guys ever get bored of pew pew bang bang boom boom?

I wanna have as much variety as possible it's too bad driveclub got delayed.
If you're into FPSs enough the differences between the three feel pretty big. I definitely enjoy variety, too, but I went with KZ and BF4 as my two launch games because I think (hope) they'll scratch different itches for me.

Squalltdx

Something just hit me with the big day almost near. Have there been any rumblings about any PS4 demo's being up on PSN when everything goes live?

FuturusX

My 4 pick ups were Killzone, Assassins Creed 4, COD Ghosts, and Injustice.
Knack is on my list for pick up.

AC4.... Tempting...

BF4 of course. Don't go anywhere near Ghosts.

Yep...to be honest one shooter is enough. I am all about single player narrative too.

I'd prob go with AC or NFS, myself.

Ass Creed, NBA 2K 14 or NFS.

You already have Killzone. You don't need another shooter. To hell with CoD and BF. Get the shooter that was actually made for the system, that isn't par of the course.

EDIT

Seriously. Look

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713829

Just look at all that shit in that thread. Tell me that doesn't look awesome. I can't wait to see that on my 50" LED TV on Friday.

Yeah Killzone will get some good lovin on my PS4....

Thanks for the suggestions. Leaning towards AC4....going to buy a ton of indies for sure Resogun in my veins.

-PXG-

PS4 FW 1.50 Update is Live

US
EU
Japan
AUS/NZ

This file is slightly bigger than the old one, if my memory serves me right. I recommend deleting the old one and getting this one instead, fellas.

Ozone

Hey guys... what can I do with the camera day one? Still deciding whether I should get it or not.
Face recognition to sign in, limited voice control, ability to fully play The Playroom, video chat/streaming (not sure if that's up at launch).

Dubz

Going KZSF, BF4, AC4, NBA2K14. Friday can't come soon enough. I'm glad I discovered PC gaming this gen, but I am a console gamer through and through. 3 cheers for controllers and minimal cheating.....hoozah, hoozah, hoozah!

Top Bottom