• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Things are looking up, my boss was anle to snag me Killzone, ACIV, and BF4 from Target.

I have no interest in BF4, so I'll probably see if I can exchange it for LEGO Marvel or Knack, since they didn't have either at Target.

Mood improving...

Damn don't you guys ever get bored of pew pew bang bang boom boom?

I wanna have as much variety as possible it's too bad driveclub got delayed.

Yeah, I'll never understand why people buy more than one shooter. Variety is nice, but 3 shooters that'll more or less play the same?

I dunno, my take away for the launch is

Killzone
Assassins Creed 4
Knack
Need for Speed

That's enough variety to keep me interested in my PS4 for a while, can't wait to try the MP for Killzone and Need for Speed. I may play the MP for AC4 if I can find a group of people to coordinate with.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm still kinda having a hard time processing that I'll be finally be hooking up my PS4 in just 2 short days. I placed my order the very minute Sony dropped the price bomb at E3 and it became available on Amazon. The wait has been so long and filled with so much hype, Shu tweets, Kaz GIFs, Mortimer, CBOAT, some controversy, and of course some crazy and thought provoking discussion here on GAF.

All of that is almost over, I know it's just an electronic device and some would find it strange that a grown ass man is going to revert back to being an 8 year old getting an NES for Christmas. But since we are here on GAF I suspect I'm not alone.

So excited.

Cmagus

I think I am gonna go with Knack at launch I really wanna play that. For a launch I gotta say its pretty awesome at the amount of stuff available and the amount of stuff they're giving right out of the box (starting that backlog early). So far my launch is looking like

Battlefield 4 (PS3 upgrade/PSN deal credit)
Resogun (PS+)
Contrast(PS+)
Knack (Purchase)
Trine 2 (Credit from previous PSN deal)

Launch window
hohokum (10.00 pack in credit)

Pretty insane how many games right at launch I'll be able to play without spending hardly anything I'm so pumped. Plus all the MMO and Play Room its gonna be a good launch all around.

MilkBeard

Got a chance to play the PS4 demo at Best Buy today. I was disappointed that none of the big titles besides Knack were playable. Anyway.

Knack was pretty fun, I enjoyed the controls. The game, on first impression, looks kind of ugly. After analyzing it, I realized that this is mostly due to the fact that there isn't any sort of AA, so it looks really jittery, and the framerate. The game actually has good detail but I hope the final build has AA. It would improve the visuals a LOT.

I can also confirm that the rubber on the DS4 sticks are very fragile. They feel very good though, very grippy. I don't think I'm going to have much of a problem because my thumbs tended to stay inside the rim in the center of the sticks naturally. But, I did a little test. I hope no one gets mad. The left stick did have noticeable wear, so I tested it by digging my nail into it a little bit and it actually cut through the rubber a tiny bit. It didn't cause huge damage but it's easy to tell that this rubber will wear away pretty quickly. My guess is that Sony went with this rubber for grip, because it feels very nice, but the downside is that if people play rough with it, it will give away. Cue the coming generation of worried gamers who are picky which friends they let play their system. I can imagine letting some friend play and just wearing the shit out of those sticks.

besides that negative, the controller felt amazing. They are on sale, so I think a lot of you know that already.
Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the games visually on display. I wished that they had one of the big ticket games for demo, I think that would have helped. Either way, I know Killzone is going to be awesome, and Infamous and Drive Club when they come out early next year.

I'm pretty stoked to get the system. And a recommendation as well: try to find some thumb stick covers for the controller, because if you are a rough player, it will probably wear out quicker than you are used to.

Why is it taking so long to be Friday.

I'm getting Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, & Need For Speed rivals.

it's always slow and going to be even slower once wednesday evening hit. i don't know if i can sleep just so i can be ready for the midnight launch

t1384495200z2.png

I'm still kinda having a hard time processing that I'll be finally be hooking up my PS4 in just 2 short days. I placed my order the very minute Sony dropped the price bomb at E3 and it became available on Amazon. The wait has been so long and filled with so much hype, Shu tweets, Kaz GIFs, Mortimer, CBOAT, some controversy, and of course some crazy and thought provoking discussion here on GAF.

All of that is almost over, I know it's just an electronic device and some would find it strange that a grown ass man is going to revert back to being an 8 year old getting an NES for Christmas. But since we are here on GAF I suspect I'm not alone.

So excited.

Me too man. I'm stupidly excited to finally get the thing. I'm my in fourth year of university and I literally wrote two term papers, a history presentation, a 10 page archive assignment and an Oral interview assignment all in the past 5 days. I've been working non stop to get all my work out of the way so I can just relax with my PS4 all weekend and not have to worry about any assignments next week. It's been fucking brutal but it'll be so worth it come friday.

Krammy

I see Amazon.ca has Injustice: Gods Among Us for PlayStation 4 in stock and ready to ship. How come we don't have ANY details on this version yet? I had assumed it just wasn't going to make launch, but now I'm actually confused.

I really want to know if High Voltage botched this up or not.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's been a looong gen. It all ends... just hours from now T__T So happy.

my lineup:
ps4 from amazon (hasn't shipped yet, should arrive on 15th... hopefully ships very soon!)
extra DS3
PS Camera
Killzone, Knack, ACIV
Already have PS+ through mid-2014, probably will get a few PSN games in addition to the PS+ freebie games.

Friday!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I ordered Killzone when it was already being delayed on Amazon and Battlefield was gone.

I just got a message from Amazon that Killzone shipped and will be here Thursday :)

I'm getting Battlefield 4 at Bestbuy this weekend. Marvel Lego and NFS:Rivals are coming from the rest of the Amazon B2G1 sale at some point.

Feeling good. Unfortunately I'll have no time to play the PS4 all weekend, but I'll find time to play it later.

What's the final and official story with recording gameplay via elgato?

Will it be possible at launch? Can I connect my elgato and share 1080p experience on You Tube or will PS4 have DHCP until Sony decides otherwise?

Yuck. Store just forwards you to the web browser mobile site.

This isn't as advertised.
Clearly Sony is trying a lot harder with online/social this gen but I think they still have a lot of work to do, even with basic stuff. I went to the PS site today to look at my friends list because I want to get it into shape for PS4 and it boggled my mind that you can't do something as simple as send/manage friend requests from the site.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Got the call from eb games an hr or so ago. Have to drop by tom/thurs to confirm and get killzone then pick up fri morning before college. Am excite.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is there a list of current headsets compatible with PS4? I have a pair of Turtle Beach X41s that I'd really like to use with the system.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hmm.. I can't get the PS app to work. Keeps giving me an error:

"This device's network feature is turned off."

I have no idea what that means, I'm connected to Wifi, and showing 3g signal.

Top Bottom