• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This may be a silly question, but does the PS App simply not work if you are using WiFi? I had to disable wi-fi and turn on 4G as it kept telling me that network was turned off and wouldn't show me anything.

4g worked for me on my galaxy s3

ohNOitsRO

Oooooooooooohhhh yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.. BF4 bundle is preparing to ship also!

1363693303_49772-Rick-grimes-yeah-gif-VGBz.gif

DoctorZ

This may be a silly question, but does the PS App simply not work if you are using WiFi? I had to disable wi-fi and turn on 4G as it kept telling me that network was turned off and wouldn't show me anything.

I'm on wifi and its working. I only have a 200mb plan so not going to use data for this.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
What is a real good headset that will work with the PS4? I'm looking to spend $120-$150. Any recommendations?

I would get the pulse elite whenever it's patched into the firmware. Thats my plan. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Shin

Banned
Do we know which browser the PS4 uses?
Is it NetFront like PS3/Vita or did they go with something completely different?

ClearData

Well they'll get a lot of use no doubt but will they go down or slow down.

I'm interested to see how the app works when it connects to PS4. Don't think Xbox has anything like that?

Hopefully not but I would say the fastest and surest method is to pop in a USB with an already downloaded firmware update, install, and then play your brains out. No hassle with slow or down download servers and the like.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I wish there was a way to send your physical copies of games to sony for digital codes. To be honest, I want to go all digital but physical game sales outmatch digital game sales all the time.

ClearData

It is completely different. It's based on webkit (Safari/Chrome)

I'm hoping this means a markedly better browser then. Full HTML 5 support and the like. I've been dreaming of Sony allowing PS4 to be home to Google's Chrome browser as an answer to Microsoft's IE but I may have to put down the pipe.

i guess they are going in order. from first preorder and on.

Don't read much into it. I pre-ordered quite literally within 10 seconds of the pre-order button going active on June 10th and I'm still "not yet shipped"

They might be working on bundles first. They might just be updating those SKUs first. They might be updating from one of their multiple warehouses first. Who knows.

Basically, don't sweat it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Will it be possible to sort our friends list by what game they're currently playing?

ignata

Doubt it. I have a pre-order from the moment the button appeared in June during E3 and it hasn't shipped yet. But my BF4 bundle order from July is preparing for shipment.

Yeah I doubt it too. I know for certain I had my pre-order in within a minute that they were up and mine still hasn't shipped yet. Not ready to panic yet. I've had items from Amazon ship the afternoon prior to the day they were supposed to get here.

Pop

So I got,
Killzone, BF4, Cod Ghost and Knack for disk games. Warframe, Resogun, War Thunder, Contrast and whatever other ps+/f2p games I find interesting. It's fucking happening, I haven't been this excited for a console launch in awhile.

What are the odds of the Ps4 not falling over without a vertical stand? Going by videos it looks to be a little more steady without it.

Just got an email from Best buy that my preorder will be ready for midnight...Anyone else get one? I preordered in store.....Didn't know if it was just my store or all best buys....

Mik317

I placed mine on the 11th. Nothing yet.

I was so close to cancelling this preorder multipe times. not for shitty reasons like some but more so because I was broke and impulse bought a Wii U like a dope. Luckily I came into some steady income and didn't cancel it.

Otherwise this week i would be sitting here jelly as shit.

This is also my first "true" launch experience. Growing up I often got systems either on Christmas or like two years later (I got the Dreamcast right before Sega went 3rd party lol)...so I am super hyped now.

Friday is going to suck because I know UPS is going to troll me. They came late as hell today with Knack and KZSF. Curse you brown truck man.

Valient

My amazon preorder has not even started preparing to shipped even though i have the PS4 Launch edition which i preorder the exact moment it went on sale on the announcement day.

Guess they started with bundle version first

Doombear

I'm on wifi and its working. I only have a 200mb plan so not going to use data for this.

So strange. If I try to click anything on Wi-Fi it tries to load and then a message pops up that says "This device's network feature is turned off." I feel like I am missing something. I did see one reviewer in the app store mention that it doesn't work on Wi-Fi for them either. On a Verizon S3 myself.

Top Bottom