• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Redmoon

Bit late but I though this needed to be made into a gif. Pardon the quality.
ipsPegdlCxRDU.gif

The time has come.....its so close!

Mononoke

Banned
i guess they are going in order. from first preorder and on.

Nope. Seems to be the bundles take priority. Plenty of people ordered on day one and haven't had their shipping status update. It doesn't matter as we are all getting it Friday. But it still makes you stressed lol

Launch bundles >> Day One Launch Edition

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any HDD performance tests done yet? I'm thinking of picking up a 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6GB/s 32MB Cache drive to replace the one it comes with since it's only 5400RPM, but I wonder if it would benefit loading times greatly or not.

jvrDKkraZThBY.png

thank you based amazon.

oh man. checked Bestbuy.com forgot that i had a ps4 preordered once before. i cancelled it but i would have had a total of 5 ps4 lol

diggler41

On Friday I know I will enjoy my PS4 and games. But I can't get the funny feeling I will be missing some crazy stuff on GAF if it even stays up. That's ridiculous I know. :)

Dammit, couldn't find the PS+ cards I had been saving up for the launch (guess older brother took them....fucking asshole)

Alternative plan: Buy 3-month card Thursday and then binge buy on 1-Year cards during Gamestop's Black Friday sale

Donthizz#

Any HDD performance tests done yet? I'm thinking of picking up a 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6GB/s 32MB Cache drive to replace the one it comes with since it's only 5400RPM, but I wonder if it would benefit loading times greatly or not.

Wait on 7200 rpm drive, let someone else test it first..

I'm still very confused to what the ps4 UI can and can not do.

Can I use the browser while in game?
Will I be able to watch streams while I game?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Do y'all think flOw and Flower are going to get re-reviews? They deserve them.

Persona7

Banned
Has anyone seen the log-in screen yet when you have multiple accounts on the system? I see you can passcode lock your account now, like on the 360.

Everyone I'm so excited.

Last week, I decided last minute to switch to PS4 over Xbox One. It was a hard choice, but I made it. Everyone here was helpful with the info I would need to transition from Live to PSN.

I also got some great tips on how to take advantage of the money I had down on my Xbox. I canceled the Gamestop pre-order today and bought amazon gift cards with the credit which payed off my amazon PS4 order. Thanks for the idea, you're all awesome.

On top of that I had a little extra credit, so I got an extra controller, and thanks to the Target deal and the help on here I screed the games I wanted with B2G1 free plus 30% off.

This might be the greatest launch ever.

I'm ready.

Mononoke

Banned
Someone over in the shipping thread has said their June 10th Launch Day edition Amazon order has been updated as preparing to ship. So I guess be on the look out for that (so far it had only been Launch Day bundles).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys

I wish you all GOOD LUCK

Sorry I can't hype this with ya'll :(

Nyx

Decided I'm going to trade in a bunch of 360 and PS3 games I don't plan on playing anymore, then hopefully get enough credit for a 3rd game, which will be BF4 then.

This ofcourse when the EU launch is here.

Soupstorm

Neo Member
Augh, I ordered ZombiU yesterday, and now every time I go into my orders I think that black box is the PS4. Worst-timed decision I've made all week.

viveks86

Everyone I'm so excited.

Last week, I decided last minute to switch to PS4 over Xbox One. It was a hard choice, but I made it. Everyone here was helpful with the info I would need to transition from Live to PSN.

I also got some great tips on how to take advantage of the money I had down on my Xbox. I canceled the Gamestop pre-order today and bought amazon gift cards with the credit which payed off my amazon PS4 order. Thanks for the idea, you're all awesome.

On top of that I had a little extra credit, so I got an extra controller, and thanks to the Target deal and the help on here I screed the games I wanted with B2G1 free plus 30% off.

I'm ready.

Welcome to the PS4 club! :)

Your post makes me wonder - Are there any PS3 only gamers who decided to switch to the xbox one? Would be an interesting thread if it doesn't already exist.

Everyone I'm so excited.

I'm ready.

Awesome, glad you were able to take advantage of some sales.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm curious, do we know what'll be in the stores at launch? Will we be getting a Knack demo? I'm pretty much only buying the system and Killzone, and then ravaging PSN.
I am shocked Yoshichan.
How come :_:?

Yoshichan

Not getting a PS4?
Aww fuck that! I am definitely buying a PS4 (come, Europe launch, of course) but I just find myself unmotivated to hype the shit out of this. A combination of no games (sorry, but this is MY opinion) and the fact that I'll be struggling economically this month).

Compared to the PS3 launch, where I was basically the most hyped I've ever been in a video-game related event, this is lackluster as hell. I'm sure some hype will go through my body whenever I hold this sucker in my hands though :3

8atk.jpg

Been non stop cleaning all day. Pulled out all my furniture, shampooed the carpet, simple green'd the entertainment rack, got all fresh HDMI cables and CAT6 cables, and detailed my leather recliner.

Girlfriend wishes i'd do the rest of the house but I only got time for the man cave right now. Really my man cave was well past due for a hard cleaning. And being both consoles are almost here and I just built a new gaming PC it was a good time to do it. Room smells so nice now, light smell of clean coming from carpet.

#hyped

Top Bottom