• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

wqTtxdll.jpg

Streaming some NFS here: www.twitch.tv/LtCasual

What are your thoughts on the game so far? Is it as fun as NFS Hot Pursuit? Can you play in a single player mode or is it online/multiplayer dependent? Im just wondering what happens when people stop playing it if I will still be able to play it offline years from now

That PS4 fix live stream is painful. I feel dumber for watching for 5 minutes,

CS: "Hold down the power button until you hear 2 beeps".
Streamer: ::1 beep, takes off finger:: Ok.
Repeats same process 2 or 3 times

He's a giant manchild. It's like watching DSP's twin brother

Grinchy

Banned
When I started watching the brickstream, I think it had like 900 people. It's at 4600+ now. This is just getting crazy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Brick stream is the epitome of train wreck. Holy shit.

He's saying he waited but they said he unplugged it with the screen off before it finished. Like his buddies talking, not chat.

PhylteR

Neo Member
Oh man, so I can't create folders and sort my games into "Free to play", "Demos" etc? =;(

Maybe that was before the fw update? Can't believe that de PS4 wouldn't have sorting options in the library... It was a basic (and necessary) function already on the PS3.

Held a DS4 for the first time today. Only about 30 seconds max.

First impressions is it isn't as comfortable as a DS3 or 360 controller, something about the angle of the grips relative to centre. Won't put me off though, as it was just a quick try.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm doing USB just because I don't want to have to wait for it to download, especially if the servers are getting hammered on Friday.

meanspartan

Anyone got a link for where to download onto USB? And then, do I just plug it into the ps4 and get to it through the XMB or is there something more to it?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I got these babies yesterday:

igAmOQol.jpg

The very same 2 games I got. And I told myself I wouldn't over saturate myself with shooters ><

To be fair to me. KZ was going to be my launch games but friends convinced me to get BF4 as it was my free Amazon game.

I cancelled NFS since it won't be here until next Tuesday and ordered a 1TB Hybrid SSD.

Snookie

Just curious if anyone has heard anything from Best Buy yet. I'm fairly confident i'm getting one since I pre-ordered for in store pickup early am 6/11.

btkadams

Here's a Resogun video I uploaded to facebook to give you an idea on quality. It ain't pretty. When viewed on the console it's very clearly only 30fps, but the compression isn't so bad.
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/18971995/file.html

Code:
Format                         : MPEG-4
Format profile                 : Facebook
Codec ID                       : FACE
File size                      : 11.5 MiB
Duration                       : 36s 60ms
Overall bit rate mode          : Variable
Overall bit rate               : 2 666 Kbps
Encoded date                   : UTC 2013-11-14 00:54:59
Tagged date                    : UTC 2013-11-14 00:54:59

Video
ID                             : 1
Format                         : AVC
Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                 : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames      : 4 frames
Codec ID                       : avc1
Codec ID/Info                  : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                       : 36s 35ms
Bit rate                       : 2 500 Kbps
Maximum bit rate               : 4 709 Kbps
Width                          : 1 280 pixels
Height                         : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate mode                : Constant
Frame rate                     : 29.970 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits
Scan type                      : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.091
Stream size                    : 10.8 MiB (94%)
Writing library                : x264 core 116
Encoding settings              : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=30 / keyint_min=16 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=30 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=2500 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=3000 / vbv_bufsize=12500 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                             : 2
Format                         : AAC
Format/Info                    : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                 : LC
Codec ID                       : 40
Duration                       : 36s 60ms
Bit rate mode                  : Variable
Bit rate                       : 150 Kbps
Maximum bit rate               : 171 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L R
Sampling rate                  : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode               : Lossy
Stream size                    : 658 KiB (6%)
Title                          : /tmp/534544493287431_audio.aac - Imported with GPAC 0.4.6-DEV-rev3544
What's the quality like for screenshots?

Yellow J

Neo Member
I need some people to get on BF4. It looks so beautiful and the maps are huge with more capture points in conquest. Get your damn PS4s already.

Jeels

Any word on stores carrying the Ps4 stand tomorrow night? The ps blog faq said it would be available at launch for $14.

VanWinkle

I'm really impressed by how small this thing is. Smaller that both my Slim and 360. Longer, but way shorter.

http://i.imgur.com/SUL5r0U.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lfhTqd7.jpg[/Img

via twitter, which re-compresses them again.
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY_clEsIIAAk-LP.jpg:orig[/IMG
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY_aiemIUAA935h.jpg:orig[/IMG
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY_CSHyIEAAOZ3D.jpg:orig[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Have you downloaded Blacklight Retribution? I'd like to see screenshots to see how it looks on PS4.

Prologue

I actually might be canceling my PS4 bundle Battlefield from amazon. Still got a lot of games to play on PS3(been busy this summer) and would rather pick up the PS4 with one or two more exclusives. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but if I'm not, I will happily edit the post. Figured a gaf user could use the amazon preorder instead of it getting shuffled around amazon.

My amazon purchase was $544.27 and would let it go for 604.27 so I can at least get a $50 profit from it outside of fees.

The very same 2 games I got. And I told myself I wouldn't over saturate myself with shooters ><

To be fair to me. KZ was going to be my launch games but friends convinced me to get BF4 as it was my free Amazon game.

I cancelled NFS since it won't be here until next Tuesday and ordered a 1TB Hybrid SSD.

Killzone was my only title but once I got the B1G1 coupon, I decided to sell my first Killzone copy and just get Killzone again and BF4. I also want to get a 1TB hybrid drive myself.lol

And about the camera, its from a Galaxy 3 shot in poor lighting with the contrast enhancement on.

Doran902

couple dumb questions, do i need the camera to play flower and does anyone know if there will be any demo's available at launch?

Top Bottom