• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Have there been ANY streaming to ustream.

Yeah yeah, I know, fuck ustream. But I want to see if the video quality is better on there.

Probably no........

The thing is, the faster the motion the game is, the more fucked up it looks. So something slow paced could work for your connection, but a racing game or something, probably not. But then again, there are quality settings.

how about simply uploading video to facebook/twitter? are they doing background uploading as I continue playing or do I have to wait until the upload is finished?

my upload speed is not good, I'm pretty sure streaming is not for me, but I'd like to be able to upload some of my gameplay video

Timu

Once we can export them to USB they will look much better. It's either export to twitter (which re-compresses them) or facebook (which completely murders the quality). That Killzone shot was about 515 KB when I grabbed it. Twitter halved the size.
Yeah I hope so, because 1080p shots should always be higher than that, lol, in the meantime I'll be using the Roxio since I can capture them in PNG.

I thought my PS4 would improve over the PS3 in OS speed, store speed and assumed all the other functions would carry over.

i am getting it friday from amazon but it sucks all these things are coming later.

That is bullshit

Mikey Jr.

how about simply uploading video to facebook/twitter? are they doing background uploading as I continue playing or do I have to wait until the upload is finished?

my upload speed is not good, I'm pretty sure streaming is not for me, but I'd like to be able to upload some of my gameplay video

Upload to facebook you should be fine. You can even edit down your 15 min clips so that it is a smaller file size to upload.

I am 90% sure it uploads as you play. I don't think it uploads in an MP game though. That is my assumption.

Cornbread78

I just got done working a short shift at my part time job (retail) and literally took about 15 calls an hour about PS4 availability and how launch was being handled.. Almost all units we got are pre-orders, so it's going to be a shitstorm! I'm really surprised at the incredible hype from the non hardcore gamers and families...

Must resist standing in line for this...

Honestly I skipped the PS3 this gen and if the PS4 had backwards compatibility I would totally buy one Day 1

They should've shown Gaikai...

Can anybody clarify the Vita-as-controller thing? I seem to remember Yosp tweeting that the Vita couldn't be used as a second controller, but can it be used as p1 in multiplayer games?

Like, if I get NBA 2K, can player 1 be using a Vita, while player 2 uses the DS4?

Ramma2

has anyone tested putting some .mp4 and other video files on a usb stick and seeing if you can play them?

Tried this, had a flash drive with 4 different video file types on there. Popped it into the USB port and....

Nothing happened. The drive lit up as it was getting power, but the PS4 didn't acknowledge its existence.

How is NFS:Rivals looking? Saw it tonight and was sorely tempted to pair that with CoD:Ghosts and PS3's Arkham Origins (already did Amazon B2G1 for BF4, AC4, and Injustice).

Baconbitz

Banned
I just got done working a short shift at my part time job (retail) and literally took about 15 calls an hour about PS4 availability and how launch was being handled.. Almost all units we got are pre-orders, so it's going to be a shitstorm! I'm really surprised at the incredible hype from the non hardcore gamers and families...
My store has 8 extras. I'm going. Problem is, I don't know when I should go.

Ramma2

Audio output to headphones through the DS4 works great. Not sure how to adjust the volume though.

Edit: Found it, holding the PS button brings up an options menu.

I was able to get to the store fine, downloaded Flower and Resogun earlier tonight.

Guys, does anyone know if Assassin's Creed 4 is 30 or 60 FPS?

I've heard it's 30. I've heard it's 60. I've heard it's 30 SP/60 MP. I've seen articles saying each of these. I've seen streams today saying each of these. Very confused here.

Gonna have to plan my day very accordingly. There's still one current-gen I need to finish: Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition. Left off on my first encounter with Vic Viper and I still have ways to go. Gonna get back into the thick of that in one hour and won't sleep until I beat the game. Then I gotta download Senran Kagura Burst; close my 360 account; watch Kill La Kill. Hope things go without a hitch

a916

Must resist standing in line for this...

Honestly I skipped the PS3 this gen and if the PS4 had backwards compatibility I would totally buy one Day 1

They should've shown Gaikai...

Considering what a run away hit the PS4 is poised to be (sales wise), they really didn't need to show Gaikai.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm so jelly of all you guys going to midnight launches. I'm getting mine from Amazon :/

Also, you guys should add me! I was a primarily 360 player this gen (RIP Halo), and I need new friends. My PSN ID is Monsterfracas_

SRTtoZ

in 24 hours from now ill be playing Killzone: SF, NBA 2K14 and another random game, maybe BF4.

Yeeeeeeaaa boyyyy.

If I wanted to buy a PS4 without preordering, can I walk into Bestbuy?

You probably need to wait before they open up, but you might be able to get one.

If I wanted to buy a PS4 without preordering, can I walk into Bestbuy?

i know they start processing preorders at 9/10pm but i'm unsure if they will accept any until after. but you could go there or call and ask. make sure you talk to someone competant.

t1384495200z2.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hopefully that's my magic scaler version.

anyways, this thing fucking pulsates orange when it's in standby
ibpKrHXzNf86jb.gif

ugh. somebody give me the electrical tape.

ibpKrHXzNf86jb.gif

Ugh, for real? I figured they would have had the common sense to turn the light off. I have enough lights lighting up my room at night as it is.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

That looks bad. Maybe does that only while it's downloading something or checking for messages or whatever, like Vita does blue button pulse?

Gaz_RB

Tomorrow night I'll be sitting outside I gamestop in Montana, playing Vita and freezing my ass off waiting for midnight. Can't wait.

Top Bottom