• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It constantly pulses orange if it's plugged in but not connected to a ps4.
Oh so that's the controller pulsing, and not the line on PS4 itself? In that case, that's like blinking LED on DS3 while it's charging probably. Not a big deal then as I can just turn it away from me :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's the line on the console, not controller.

It seems to stop pulsating for a minute or so (just a static orange light) then starts up again. Not super bright, but annoying.

It seems to stop pulsating for a minute or so (just a static orange light) then starts up again. Not super bright, but annoying.

its like vita when you put it into standby. always pulsing blue when it gets a notification or what you want to do something?

281DLE4.gif

ONE MORE DAY TO GO!!! And Serena is more excited!

Yeah, I get a ton of my amazon orders from there.

Hmm wonder if its because Amazon still doesn't collect tax here yet (least until next year) so they ship from out of state? Well here's hoping when they start charging tax next year I'll get stuff even faster lol

beast786

I am not sure if you have already done it. But what are your initial impressions?

alr1ght

I am not sure if you have already done it. But what are your initial impressions?
UI is functional but missing alot. Twitch streaming is super simple. Resogun is eye melting amazing. Killzone seems okay. Well worth the zero dollars I spent on it.

alr1ght

Sorting options, USB photo/video export( save data is available), download list filters. Nothing major.

Initialize formats the HDD.

Hello. I hate all you people getting a PS4 tomorrow/Friday whilst I have to wait another two weeks.

Anyways, quick (and probably dumb) question: if I wanted to download the 1.50 Firmware from the SCEA website to be ready for the European release, would it work?

Cheers!

njean777

So should we download the update on day one or is it safe to use the USB method? I have the update on an usb stick, but just want to make sure it is safe to use.

GloveSlap

So should we download the update on day one or is it safe to use the USB method? I have the update on an usb stick, but just want to make sure it is safe to use.

I was going to ask this too. I also want to know if we should just boot into safe mode the first time we power the system on to install the update via USB stick.

Edit- Never mind, i see the other thread now. Apparently it is ok to go straight into safe mode right off the bat.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet :((

Haven't shipped mine either, feels bad. I ordered less than a minute after the link went live on Amazon. But Amazon has never failed me on game preorders so I'm hoping things turn out OK. I'm really glad I have another one waiting for me to pick up from Walmart though. Gotta have that day 1 magic.

Time to sleep so launch hour looms even closer.

diggler41

Hasn't shipped mine yet so I talked to CS and they said I WILL get it on the 15th. I love Amazon. I will hold them to that.

Edit: Also got the CS to guarantee me that 2k14 would arrive before the estimated arrival date of the 19th. :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Haven't shipped mine either, feels bad. I ordered less than a minute after the link went live on Amazon. But Amazon has never failed me on game preorders so I'm hoping things turn out OK. I'm really glad I have another one waiting for me to pick up from Walmart though. Gotta have that day 1 magic.

Time to sleep so launch hour looms even closer.

Yeah I also ordered right after it went live as I was leaving Sony's E3 conference.

Suirrad

The very same 2 games I got. And I told myself I wouldn't over saturate myself with shooters ><

To be fair to me. KZ was going to be my launch games but friends convinced me to get BF4 as it was my free Amazon game.

I cancelled NFS since it won't be here until next Tuesday and ordered a 1TB Hybrid SSD.

I knew you would give in XD
on both

Timu

According to this, should we even update it to 1.50???

"Meanwhile, IGN experienced the same issue, but it happened after the console was already working. It may not have contributed to the issue, but ours stopped working the morning after we updated to version 1.50."

MazeHaze

Banned
I need your guys' help trying to figure out what game to get. I am getting Killzone, and was going to get Knack too, but that isn't looking like a good time. I don't really want two shooters, so I was thinking something along the lines of Ass creed or NBA2k14. I only played the first AC for like an hour before giving up on it a couple years ago, so there's that. I've had fun playing NBA2k in the past with friends, but never owned it myself as I don't really care too much about sports, but it looks REALLY good. What should I go with?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
According to this, should we even update it to 1.50???

"Meanwhile, IGN experienced the same issue, but it happened after the console was already working. It may not have contributed to the issue, but ours stopped working the morning after we updated to version 1.50."

Welp, I'm terrified.

They credited $10 to his PlayStation Store account, and said he should continue talking to support.

ibk4MNXpve7z8G.png

Ugh, for real? I figured they would have had the common sense to turn the light off. I have enough lights lighting up my room at night as it is.

I would imagine it does that when it's in standby and downloading/uploading/otherwise doin stuff. I would hope it stops pulsating when it stops doin stuff.

Touchdown

Banned
Guys I have a somewhat noob question. I haven't been paying too much attention to the specs and such of both xbone and ps4 but I just wanted to know will either be integrating a cam into new games that we know of? I know xbox360 had some xbox live stuff where you could use the cam to play uno and a few other mini game type things but was just wondering if on the new systems they would be using it for more stuff like that or possibly in real games where it could possibly be an actual cool feature?

Top Bottom