• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

My boss is letting me off two and a half hours early because neither of us feel like being here for a full day. He's the only good part about this job.

This is going to be a long day.
longest-day-ever.jpg

stawnkald

I took tomorrow off so I could camp out.

In my driveway waiting for UPS.

More like my garage as I get prepped for a garage sale on Saturday :/

ChuckNyce

Sign up for My UPS and once you get a tracking number have them hold it at Will Call. I'm going to try this and since I took tomorrow off, just pick that sucker up when they open!

Seconded. Did a dry run of this with my delivery of AC4 from Amazon on Tuesday. Changed my delivery option to Will Call from the My UPS site then went and picked it up from the UPS Customer Care Center (about a 20 minute drive) Tuesday morning. Way better than waking up Friday morning and twiddling my thumbs for 6-8 hours.

Today I begin the longest morning of my life. I'm going to my local Gamestop (Cicero, NY) at 6pm..I'm going to bring my 3DS with me in case anyone want to play Streetpass with me. :)

Badosh

Just gotta get through class, then another class, then another class. Then, waiting a few hours, then ps4...

I can do it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hopefully that's my magic scaler version.

anyways, this thing fucking pulsates orange when it's in standby
ibpKrHXzNf86jb.gif

ugh. somebody give me the electrical tape.

how long does it take to start up from standby? any faster than from off?

if you have to leave it like that for the background stuff to work, then I hope they let you change it later

Darksol

13 hours from now I'll be waiting in line for an unbearable two hours until they open the doors. 15 hours from now I'll be getting my PS4. 15 hours and 30 minutes from now I'll either be gaming, or on the phone with Sony Tech Support.

Ramma2

Is this confirmed? This is a mini-megaton for me. Would be really, really convenient.

I tried this last night. Once you plug headphones into the controller, you hit the PS button on the DS4 and you can set all audio output through the headphones, and control the headphone volume. It then mutes all audio from the TV automatically.

Only complaint is I would like to have louder audio in the headphones, I had it maxed out and wished I could make it louder.

DBT85

I have seen with my own eyes the Oxo tower in London being taken over. Can't believe they have done it.

Will get a pic tonight on my way home. Sun was right behind it when I saw it just now and my phone was struggling with the exposure lol.

What the?

Amazon just updated my order status for NFS Rivals to show a delivery date of the 20th. I have Prime and ordered the game a month ago. I now have to wait days for my most anticipated game at launch.

Did this happen to anybody else?

Riggs

Banned
Guys I got pre order on Best Buy, store pick up. Should I head out and wait?

Or is Best Buy going to honor the folks who pre ordered 100% for sure?

Fuckkkk I don't trust this place at all :(

Raptor

I tried this last night. Once you plug headphones into the controller, you hit the PS button on the DS4 and you can set all audio output through the headphones, and control the headphone volume. It then mutes all audio from the TV automatically.

Only complaint is I would like to have louder audio in the headphones, I had it maxed out and wished I could make it louder.

Doesn't need to be gaming headsets?

Just an ol regular headphones will work?

Just picked up assassin's creed 4 & battlefield 4 to go along with knack, killzone & an extra controller I picked up over the weekend. Think I'm all set for tonight.

e_i

Question:

Does the controller allow headphones? Does this mean it's like the Roku 3 where the sound is broadcast through the controller and to the headphones through Bluetooth?

VanWinkle

Question:

Does the controller allow headphones? Does this mean it's like the Roku 3 where the sound is broadcast through the controller and to the headphones through Bluetooth?

Yes! It's a HUGE feature to me and I'm surprised it's not a bigger touted feature. I think its a big advantage PS4 has.

Ramma2

Question:

Quoting myself:

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
What the?

Amazon just updated my order status for NFS Rivals to show a delivery date of the 20th. I have Prime and ordered the game a month ago. I now have to wait days for my most anticipated game at launch.

Did this happen to anybody else?

my NFS date is 12/30.

so yeah.

Quoting myself:

This is an issue with the Wii U gamepad's headphones jack also IMHO.

Louder volume = more amplification = reduced battery life

instead look at investing in a nice pair of noise canceling headphones. or even a pair of over the ear cushioned old school style headphones. If you can't raise the volume further, look at lowering the ambient noises instead.

Snookie

Guys I got pre order on Best Buy, store pick up. Should I head out and wait?

Or is Best Buy going to honor the folks who pre ordered 100% for sure?

Fuckkkk I don't trust this place at all :(

They'll send you an email saying that your order will be ready for pickup.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
YES!!!! Finally Amazon changed my minute 1 PS4 order to shipping now.

Kagari yours flip to shipping yet?

Megasoum

Banned
Arghhhh

This is pissing me of so much. So FS charged my card on monday but they still haven't shipped it. That means that I can't cancel the order or even try my luck at a midnight launch tonight (460$ is kinda of a huge hit on my cashflow lol) so I'm pretty much screwed now and I have to wait for Futureshop to get off its slow ass and send it to me....next week....

FUUUCCCKKKKKKK

Antonio save me!

Top Bottom