• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

What's the warranty like? I know when I go to pick mine up tonight they're going to try and up sell me on a protection package or something, Will I need one?

Pop

Really? Isn't voice control the Kinect's primary use for most? If Sony can even come close to that with a simple headset...

The voice command worked pretty good but it wasn't flawless. I was surprised though at how well it worked.

Doel

Is there a list of install requirements for each game anywhere? Would like to know the size of some games before deciding whether to download or buy on disc.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yep! Finally.

fD2H5aD.gif

Bradach

Now I just need to buy me a Dual Shock 4 and we're ready :)
I just tried a DS4 at a demo station near where I live. People weren't exaggerating about the improvements.
Its so different from the DS3 and those triggers are phenomenal. The whole thing fits snuggly in the hands. You feel like you're holding a very solid piece of tech. Can't wait to try it with a shooter

Played my Vita until the battery died last night, haven't charged it up yet. Now I'm sad. I'll have my nexus 7 with me tho.
Vitas charge pretty quickly. I'm not going to have to line up for too long tonight, but I'm still planning on getting through a good chunk of Gravity Rush while I wait. If you're going to be in line for like 12 hours...dang.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
whelp, my Vita is hanging out at FedEx Office to be picked up, my copy of ACIV is with FedEx out for delivery, Knack and Killzone are with Sony's servers just waiting to be downloaded, and 2K14 should be here next week and NFS Rivals should be here before the end of the year (seriously, that's what it says.... fml)

Camera is mounted and the DS4 has been used on Kingdom Hearts all week now.

Let's do this!!!

joelthecomic

Neo Member
Damn, can someone please post a pic of the bestbuy email confirming their PS4 pickup for release day.

Best Buy emailed me to confirm pick-up of my June 10 pre-order for tomorrow. It doesn't mention that the store is open tonight at midnight, but I talked to the guys over there yesterday when I was picking up games and its all set.

I'd post the email, but there's not much to see and it's full of personal info!

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Less than 15hrs now until midnight launch!! Guess I'll go dust, re arrange the entertainment center and straighten out all the cables lol!

RotBot

Really? Isn't voice control the Kinect's primary use for most? If Sony can even come close to that with a simple headset...

There's really nothing technically fancy about using a microphone to pick up voice. The Kinect has a sophisticated microphone array, so it's better at isolating a voice across a room. But a cheapo headset sitting next to your mouth is still better than an expensive microphone sitting across the room for clear voice detection. There's no reason Microsoft can't do the same thing, other than wanting people to use the Kinect.

Dammit, I hurt my foot earlier this morning (taking break from 2nd Runner did no favors). Got a bag of ice on it know hoping the pain goes away before I depart later today. And I still haven't gotten any real sleep :/

HeelPower

guys what do you recommend for launch games ?

I am really torn and I think I am only gonna get one game.I am just not motivated to buy more than one as none of them seems too convincing.

But I still want something to chew on.

Gaz_RB

guys what do you recommend for launch games ?

I am really torn and I think I am only gonna get one game.I am just not motivated to buy more than one as none of them seems too convincing.

But I still want something to chew on.

AC4 seems pretty, and quite chewy if you haven't played it on current gen. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I picked it up on Tuesday. If you want a shooter, you almost have to get Killzone!

Top Bottom