• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Fiveshift

Neo Member
Thanks for the impressions. Did you install the 1.5 update through the system or by USB?

When I set up the Wifi part during initial set up it started downloading in the background automatically. By the time I completely finished initial setup it was almost done.

I'm here in SF and Sony's going to be having one of their launch events downtown here at Market & Powell, pretty much the heart of consumer foot traffic in the city. I won't get home until 10pm tonight but I'll probably pop on down to see how nuts it has gotten in the run-up to Midnight.

Loakum

Banned
I'm so ready, let's do this.

B03W2FI.jpg

You have great taste in games!

http://i.imgur.com/6ajzT9hl.jpg
g7eIpIhl.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is this news?

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/401062107871215616

New PS4 users, no need to download FW1.50 now, when you connect your PS4 to Internet, the download starts automatically in the background :)

a) it's cool that they're doing this
b) yeah, no. Tomorrow bandwidth utilization is going to be nuts. I'm already bummed that I didn't think that through when buying KZ and Knack on PSN.... :( It's only 330MB, but tomorrow that could take 30 minutes for all we know. :(

Oh my god, I just realized when I get off work at 6...the PS4 will be launching 6 hours later 0.o weve come a long way my friends and I am soooooooooooo ready for this ngngngnnhhhnnnnngg

AdamMPSP

so I was thinking I want something with a lot of replay value and multiplayer(?)...I haven't played shooters in years actually...Is killzone the definitive FPS over Ghosts and BF4 ?

AC4 will probably have the best single player content.Does it have good multiplayer ?

I'm really into the Assassin's Creed multiplayer, so I'm excited to get my hands on AC4 for PS4 tomorrow. I feel like that with that multiplayer, combined with Killzone, I'll be able to avoid COD or BF4 this year.

ohNOitsRO

My launch fat 80 gig PS3 LITERALLY died last night in the middle of a Madden game...

The gods are speaking to me..

Shortly, it will be time..

Raptomex

Anyone else pre-order a launch bundle on Amazon? Mine hasn't shipped yet but it says it should be here tomorrow. It better be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anyone else pre-order a launch bundle on Amazon? Mine hasn't shipped yet but it says it should be here tomorrow. It better be.

You probably live very close to a distribution center. Mine has shipped and it says "delivery guaranteed by Friday."

Covfan

Is anyone in the US getting FIFA 14? Would like to know how remote play on the Vita works and general online mp as well.

So I was thinking it would be cool to have a twitter hashtag tonight for us to post some images or impressions of midnight launches, waiting in line, etc.

How does #GAFPS4 sound? Also, it would give some of us a chance to exchange twitter handles, get some followers, connect and just have some fun tonight while waiting in line or while waiting for midnight release. .

I hope to see some of you online!!!! @3rdamention

Badgerst3

Anyone get their best buy preorder "spot in line" tickets yet?

Was gonna head there about 6p for my ticket and then return about 11p.

nikos

Would anyone happen to know the dimensions of the box? I'm trying to figure out how I can conceal it on the subway for the ride home.

Mifune

Mehmber
I still can't decide what games to get.

AC4 is the only definite. I want Killzone for the graphics whoredom but I would love to hear some GAF impressions first. And then the third (assuming Best Buy will price match the B2G1 - hardly a given) is between Lego Marvel, Need for Speed, and NBA2k. Or yes, maybe even Knack. I'd love to get something I could play with my wife who isn't much of a gamer.

i'm gonna take my chances and just download the update direct tomorrow. i will possibly be wrong when i say i don't think it's gonna be that bad.

Top Bottom