• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

nikos

I should get my ass over there. Wonder if we'll be able to watch the Spike TV stuff from there, as it's happening. Best Buy is open 24 hours, so I can stroll in after this event is over to pick up my PS4.

EDIT: Just saw this:

They'll only let you in if you're buying one today. If not, you can peer through the windows and get cold, not excited. Thanks Sony!

AdamMPSP

i'm gonna take my chances and just download the update direct tomorrow. i will possibly be wrong when i say i don't think it's gonna be that bad.

Maybe just go ahead and download the file to your computer now just in case? Don't have to prep a USB stick, but just in case the servers are hit tomorrow, you'll have a copy ready to go. That's what I'm doing.

Wilde

Look what UPS just dropped off from Amazon!! No idea why I got it early!

8edj.jpg

9rxq.jpg

Timu

Maybe just go ahead and download the file to your computer now just in case? Don't have to prep a USB stick, but just in case the servers are hit tomorrow, you'll have a copy ready to go. That's what I'm doing.
That's what I have for a back up.

jaypah

I really really really hope there are game demos live on PSN at launch. Besides NBA Live which I read was confirmed for the 15th.

that's actually a good idea, i didn't think to just do that because i'm stubborn. will do now.

I'm most jealous of people that got their new PS4 today because they won't have to fight through all the network stuff of everyone else.

Also, question...are there are there any stores where one could get a PS4 tomorrow if they didn't have a pre-order?

My Best Buy already has 3 people lining up out front, guess I better get there soon...

take pictures. it's picture time. we need to see.

I'm most jealous of people that got their new PS4 today because they won't have to fight through all the network stuff of everyone else.

Also, question...are there are there any stores where one could get a PS4 tomorrow if they didn't have a pre-order?

depen on where you live you might.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Nope, no pressure sensitivity this time.
That's too bad. But honestly, outside of Kojima games (and when racing games still used face buttons), I can't think of many experiences across PS2/3 that used them.

Tapejara

I hope the PS Store updates early tomorrow. I've got some friends coming over and I want to try out res0gun coop!

Good to get all the apps and PS plus downloads out the way. Tonight is gonna be hell on the servers.

Wait, the Plus games and apps are already up on the severs? Nice, good to know I won't have to wait to download anything.

Top Bottom