• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

diggler41

Look what UPS just dropped off from Amazon!! No idea why I got it early!

N3JtxfVxtP3vYKf_jqtIOqb3PsXbYVknkVDBM00PqUA

FOUyTMRSxgPt6IJBEoQeDVXE_zFh5RvUPlLbBvQWtsk

My mom says I can come over and hang :)

My Gamestop isn't doing the number thing. They have enough to cover preorders plus a little extra. Expecting at least 100 people. I'm tempted to go early morning but fuck it i'm way too hyped. 8 hourssssssssssssssss.

Brawl96

ROLL CALL:
Which gaffers will be present at the Gamestop on Kings Highway in Brooklyn, NY?
I'll be there looking cooler than ever. See ya!

HeelPower

I'm really into the Assassin's Creed multiplayer, so I'm excited to get my hands on AC4 for PS4 tomorrow. I feel like that with that multiplayer, combined with Killzone, I'll be able to avoid COD or BF4 this year.

I am very lucky.I actually haven't played any AC , BF or COD game this entire generation! So in a sense all these titles will be fresh to me. I think I have narrowed it down to either AC4 of BF4.

AC4 most likely.It really seems like the most complete launch title.

TargetDummy81

Neo Member
I am very lucky.I actually haven't played any AC , BF or COD game this entire generation! So in a sense all these titles will be fresh to me. I think I have narrowed it down to either AC4 of BF4.

AC4 most likely.It really seems like the most complete launch title.

That is the feeling I get from it also. Has a lengthy single player story and can supplement it with side content to break it up.

Multiplayer seems interesting also to try out.

Plus I think part of what made me fall in love with it was the videos I saw online of the crew singing sea shanties while sailing. lol

aro52

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but looks like Astro headsets are good to go for chat, with the 1.5 update!

PS4 COMPATIBILITY

ASTRO headsets are fully compatible with PS4 once the Firmware 1.50 update has been applied to the console. Our headsets will deliver Dolby® Digital 5.1 and 7.1 game audio and full voice chat functionality over the PlayStation Network.

Source (click on the “Features” tab at the bottom)

EDIT: Looks like they posted about it here too.

jyoung188

Amazon just updated to "Shipping Now" for my launch day ps4, my boss's boss just called me and gave me a huge pay increase, I'm going with my buddy to pick up his ps4 tonight at midnight, and tomorrow is the first day of my 12 day paid vacation. Best day or greatest day?

Darobga

Since usb headsets have been confirmed to work after the 1.50 patch do you all think the P11s will work?

P11 will work, but since the PS4 has no analog outputs the all of the audio (Chat + Game) will come over the chat path unless your TV/Receiver has stereo outputs to plug into.

Derrick01

Banned
My orders shipped very early this morning. It's kind of mind boggling to me how easy this whole process has been compared to the nightmares of previous generations. I've never had a console on day 1 before since they were always birthday/x-mas gifts and someone in the family usually had to work some connections to *hopefully* snag one instead of braving the masses on launch day.

But this was almost too easy. Right after Sony's E3 I ordered on Amazon and...that was it. God I love technology sometimes :)

VanWinkle

I just realized another bizarre omission of the PS4 that PS3 had: video chat. Especially weird with the added importance they're putting on the PS Camera this time around.

Pixels

Amazon just updated to "Shipping Now" for my launch day ps4, my boss's boss just called me and gave me a huge pay increase, I'm going with my buddy to pick up his ps4 tonight at midnight, and tomorrow is the first day of my 12 day paid vacation. Best day or greatest day?

Nice! Congrats!

Greatness will have to wait a little longer for me =( Fucking construction behind my house has taken out my internet for the 2nd time in 4 days. God Dammit! Glad I got the update on my computer before hand. This is why we cant have 1 hr or 24 hr check ins. Because shit happens

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
My orders shipped very early this morning. It's kind of mind boggling to me how easy this whole process has been compared to the nightmares of previous generations. I've never had a console on day 1 before since they were always birthday/x-mas gifts and someone in the family usually had to work some connections to *hopefully* snag one instead of braving the masses on launch day.

But this was almost too easy. Right after Sony's E3 I ordered on Amazon and...that was it. God I love technology sometimes :)

Yep, amazon is the best thing to ever happen to retail. Amazon + prime = never putting on pants.

Sounds like a pretty great day! Congrats and enjoy!

TriGen

Just called my GS, they're not doing the 6PM thing because of store traffic. So, he said just show up by 11:30. I'm not surprised as I live in a small town.

Can't get one at launch, will pick one up around the middle of January which isn't too far off, but a few of my friends are getting systems tonight and one of them is bringing it to my apartment for a midnight launch party. So I guess that will suffice, and I count myself luckier than someone who won't be able to play one period.

And to be fair, I couldn't afford any games right now anyway but when I pick one up in a few months I'll have enough to afford several games to actually get with it.

edit: I thought this would help but it isn't

Top Bottom