• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

https://twitter.com/justindomi88740/status/401081909385523200/photo/1

Ugh. Seeing that PS4 on that carpet bugs me to no end.

lol, I like how he says it's only temporary until he finds space. that poor PS3 was promised the same thing.

BZDt3xSCAAAhNBh.jpg:large

kgrock618

Ok so my Amazon launch bundle has been saying "shipping soon" for about 6 hours...still no email or anything. I HOPE IT SHIPS SOON! Any chance it wont be here tomorrow? I am a little concerned

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, with having potentially 2000 friends, will we be able to turn off "_____ is online" notifications for certain friends? Cause I'm only going to want to know when my besties are online.

About the UI, they're really going to have all games just sitting in a long line of boxes across the home screen though? Sounds messy, especially with big libraries. I don't see why they couldn't have done the same thing with games as they have done for apps. Put them in a grid and put in some sorting options.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So UPS just delivered KZ:SF for me at 5pm EST. So I can safely assume that release day delivery from Amazon will be around the same time. That would be a major bummer if I didn't already have another one at Walmart waiting for me to pick up tonight.

Ricky_R

Called to Best Buy and they told there's already people in line for the PS4. For pre-orders and for people who didn't pre-order.

She also told me that they will probably start giving the PS4's early. o_O

unless you Twitch, i guess not? I guess party video chat is possible or something? $60 for cool playroom demo?

Otherwise, 2nd DS4 IMHO is much better choice.

If you have Vita you can just use that for 2 player games (or you could put that money toward a Vita)

Ilive1up

i went to target today but all they had was B4 and COD. said everything else will be on sale tomorrow. how are people getting all the games already? i hope after work i'll still be able to pick up the 3 games that i want for that 2 for 1 deal.

Resogun and Contrast are ready for download as soon as you boot up your PS4. Many may already know this, but I didn't :'(. lol ResoGun is awesome, I've been hooked since I installed it.

Gaz_RB

i went to target today but all they had was B4 and COD. said everything else will be on sale tomorrow. how are people getting all the games already? i hope after work i'll still be able to pick up the 3 games that i want for that 2 for 1 deal.

I went to my target on tuesday morning and they had everything out. Your target seems dumb, as most the games were supposed to go on sale the 12th.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So, with having potentially 2000 friends, will we be able to turn off "_____ is online" notifications for certain friends? Cause I'm only going to want to know when my besties are online.

I think I remember hearing something about having a special grouping for PSN friends that you have the Real Name of. I thought there was a way to create a category like that. I can't say for certain though since there has been so much static around this launch that it's hard to remember specifics.

I was thinking of going out and trying to find a console in stores today despite not pre-ordering one...but then I checked out the lineup of games from now to March 2014.

While I favor the PS4 over the Xbone, I'm not really seeing much up my alley until Deep Down or Watchdogs launches :/. Buzzkill.

Alas, I guess it'll save me some money until then.

Screw lines. I can wait 12 more hours.

If I had one coming from Amazon I would be more than happy to wait for UPS or FedEx person. I think it would be a lot more convenient and exciting because you never know when the truck will pull up! But if you wait in line at midnight you'll likely be freezing and too exhausted to play the damn thing until the next morning anyway unless you got a nap in or something.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah?

I think I remember hearing something about having a special grouping for PSN friends that you have the Real Name of. I thought there was a way to create a category like that. I can't say for certain though since there has been so much static around this launch that it's hard to remember specifics.
Ohhhhh, cool. That would be an okay solution. I'm gonna make up a fake real name anyways, lol.

Screw lines. I can wait 12 more hours.

Yep - I played around with the idea of going to the midnight opening tonight but - no thanks. I think I'll stay home and finally finish Killzone 3 in anticipation of tomorrow morning.

Already have AC4, Killzone and Need for Speed Rivals all lined up at home.

TwIsTeD

wanted to grab an extra at the midnight launch of a local Best Buy (traveling tomorrow and Amazon didn't bless me with day-early shipping)

My buddy was gonna hook me up with a walk-in but now it seems they only got 2 extra (said 60 at first)....wonder if that means anything?

jaypah

Amazon just updated to "Shipping Now" for my launch day ps4, my boss's boss just called me and gave me a huge pay increase, I'm going with my buddy to pick up his ps4 tonight at midnight, and tomorrow is the first day of my 12 day paid vacation. Best day or greatest day?

Damn! Congrats on all of that, you must be on cloud 11!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My KZ and Knack copy should have gotten here today. At 6AM it arrived at carrier facility. At 7:01AM it said out for delivery. Then, at 7:01 again it said arrived at carrier facility. What the hell.

Top Bottom