• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Loakum

Banned
screw waiting in a long as line, in the freezing cold. I'll just spend the midnight launch watching Spike TV's PS4 coverage, then play some GTA5 (that I still haven't beat yet).

Hex

Banned
lol, I like how he says it's only temporary until he finds space. that poor PS3 was promised the same thing.

BZDt3xSCAAAhNBh.jpg:large

What the hell?? Put it on the box, put it on a book, put it on something

Milennia

Best Buy in Miami. I think I'm somewhere between 20-30 in line. Wish me luck GAF!

The difference between this pic and the NY pic is hilarious to me lol.

In this pic its all shorts and short sleeves, in the other its boots and hoodies tied tight/down jackets.

As someone who has bounced back and forth between Florida and NY all my life lol.

Good luck GAF for those who did not pre-order. It is official I will have to wait till probably February to pick one up but will enjoy all the screens, shared videos and streams.

Have fun out there! Next gen awaits!

Wynnebeck

Banned
So forgive me guys. I thought I had ran into trouble earlier this week and sadly cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Just found out this morning that the issue resolved itself lending me to rush to my nearest GameStop to see if I could jump in line with the walk-ins and try my luck. As soon as I walk in, the manager walks up to me shaking his head and my heart dropped. He goes, "Are you here for the PS4? Don't move from that spot. You're the last walk-in!" I swear I literally did a Banderas while the line cheered for me. Needless to say, I'm waiting for 6pm to buy my PS4. Unfortunately, my buddy I was suppose to go with changed his mind and no longer wants one. :(

ckohler

Are these lines for people who DIDN'T preorder? Because I have a preorder so I shouldn't have to worry about someone else getting mine... right?

darkwing

So forgive me guys. I thought I had ran into trouble earlier this week and sadly cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Just found out this morning that the issue resolved itself lending me to rush to my nearest GameStop to see if I could jump in line with the walk-ins and try my luck. As soon as I walk in, the manager walks up to me shaking his head and my heart dropped. He goes, "Are you here for the PS4? Don't move from that spot. You're the last walk-in!" I swear I literally did a Banderas while the line cheered for me. Needless to say, I'm waiting for 6pm to buy my PS4. Unfortunately, my buddy I was suppose to go with changed his mind and no longer wants one. :(

cool move :)

So I forgot I had this preordered. Best Buy charged my card this AM, and sent me an email saying I can pick it up tonight at MN. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow after work.

Looking at the games though, nothing's really striking me right now. I've never really liked Killzone and the rest seem like they're uprezzed similar experiences of what I can get now. I'd really like something brand new in terms of gameplay and creativity. Knack seemed to fit that, but has been getting so-so reviews.

Help me GAF. Is there anything at launch that's gonna be good for me?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Only an hour and 16 more minutes to pay it off, still first in line at gamestop baby !

And there are only 3 people here. I'm defintely getting one without a pre-order :)

Can't believe it's almost here, 7 years ago I was in line in negative 20 degree weather at a best buy without tickets for ten hours. Went with amazon this time around, hoping it arrives as stated. Convenience is nice but it's almost weird not standing in line. That's how console launches are supposed to work :p

rCIZZLE

im in line at best buy right now. there are 20 people in front of me. they have 24 systems.

Hope there's some kind of organization there like the person in front writing everybodys name down or something like that. I'd feel very uneasy being that far back in line. :p

btkadams

hey guys, when's a good time to go to the midnight launch (ebgames) if i have a preorder and it's paid off? 1130? they aren't doing the number thing where you get your spot in line at 6pm, like gamestop in the states. it's just going to be a regular lineup. does it take ages for them to process orders at midnight?

Lots of people in line who didn't preorder at gamestop. Over heard the manager say they were pretty much guaranteed to get one.

I'm fourth in line outta four to get my group number.

For anyone trying to go to a midnight launch without a preorder, the GS I'm getting my preorder from just said they had 9 extra systems in stock.

It's a smaller GS in the suburbs of Baltimore.

S¡mon

Banned
I know most of you are getting the PS4 starting Nov 15, but...

YEAH. Exactly two weeks left until European launch! (Amsterdam, GMT+1).

rCIZZLE

Lots of people in line who didn't preorder at gamestop. Over heard the manager say they were pretty much guaranteed to get one.

I'm fourth in line outta four to get my group number.

That's pretty comforting that this gen is a lot more relaxed than last when it comes to console availability. Already seeing a couple posts on craigslist about people selling their launch console for $500 which seems very low for scalpers.

Hip Hop

There are about 50 people in line outside gamestop right now in NY and a lot of them dont even have preorders.

I'm gonna drive by my Local Best Buy and Gamestops after class tonight to see if there are any people camping out. Let's see how the lines are.

Top Bottom