• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Finally finished my research paper that was due today. So fucking relieved. Gonna take a nap, watch Shu, laugh at Uncharted in Space, and then Resogun til the early morning.

Life is good.

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
Just got my place in line. #21.

Came home with the little card thingy. They had ~3 extra systems I think? And those people were camped out since way early this morning to get them. They ended up earlier in line than me too, which is kinda lame.

AsianOnRoute69

Neo Member
Did any of the reviews mention that the power and eject buttons on the console were touch sensitive? I originally thought they were physical buttons until I plugged it in and tried it out.

BZEXkkTIMAEdroo.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/cdkii/status/401127758937751552

That light above yosp head :D

Sweet, celestial Shu. He has been blessed by one of the gods himself. Lucky bastard.

txag2005

Banned
For those of you picking up at Gamestop tonight who are checking in at 6 pm, what time are you coming back? I know they are supposed to give you a spot in line but I'm not sure if that means I can roll in around midnight or if I need to come early still (10 or 11).

kaos424

For those of you picking up at Gamestop tonight who are checking in at 6 pm, what time are you coming back? I know they are supposed to give you a spot in line but I'm not sure if that means I can roll in around midnight or if I need to come early still (10 or 11).

I'm going to aim to be back there at 11:30. Don't think it will be too much of an issue either way but better safe than sorry as they say.

dmr87

Everyone going out to fight the crowds/stand in line, make sure to take pictures and/or videos. Was thinking about having a dedicated queue thread but I don't know if that's necessary.

Phalanx92

People who are coming in at 6 will get a line number and won't need to come back until midnight to line up in order. Basically first come first serve.

txag2005

Banned
I drove by the best buy across the street before I got to the Gamestop I'm at and there were like six people in line. The suburbs are def where you need to go for this stuff. Best Buys and Gamestops every few miles really decreases how many people go to each one.

SRTtoZ

My haul tonight:

I went to target before going to Gamestop and they still had all the games for B2G1 free, so I picked up NBA2k14, KZSF and NFS, I was hoping they had BF4 but nope, just COD Ghosts and a few other things. I don't even know anything about NFS Rivals but whatever, it was free :D

Then at Gamestop there were about 30 people when I got there at 5:30, and probably another 30 after me when I left. It seemed to be about a 50/50 preorder to non preorder ratio since I was 30th in line yet my receipt says I'm #14 when we go pick them up tonight. Ready to go! EXCITE!

Really stupid question but I entered my code in Ghosts for the Free Fall map and for some reason I can't find a way to actually download it.

I checked Downloads under notifications but it's not there.

Any ideas?

Reposting this for the new page. It's crazy... It says I have 3 add-ons under the game, but they're simply... not there.

Raxus

I paid off my PS4 and I am officially the 3rd person able to pick up my PS4 at midnight.

No need to wait out in the cold!

spwolf

I paid off my PS4 and I am officially the 3rd person able to pick up my PS4 at midnight.

No need to wait out in the cold!

yeah, you get the number and go home right? no need to wait in line at all after you get the number... so why are people waiting in line?

melman101

My Best Buy called me. I said I was going to leave at 9pm. They said my line won't be that long since I pre-ordered and I could come later but they are having giveaways. So I'll still leave at 9pm and see what's up.

Raxus

yeah, you get the number and go home right? no need to wait in line at all after you get the number... so why are people waiting in line?
Beats me. Maybe they have some extra consoles on sale like best buy?

I saw 2 prior in line to buy at 3 PM at BB but nobody in the reserve line yet (naturally)

tuco11

#4 at my Gamestop. Inside the mall too. Quick question about buying games on PSN. Can you demo the game before you buy it? I thought I read way back that you would be able to try the game out before you buy it from PSN? ie NBA2K14

thanks!

FINALBOSS

Banned
Wewt I'm unbanned in time for launch.

Got my spot in line. They said to come back at 10, but fuck that. That's just if you wanna win cornball things. We got our numbers, that's my place in line...I'll be back at 11:30-45

I'm at home waiting on my Amazon shipment. I really wonder if Amazon got more units than any other retailer. It would kinda interesting if the days of camping outside of stores were abolished by online sales.

I kind of like "camping" in my house.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yay, just checked my orders again and Amazon was able to ship NBA2k for tomorrow as well. Now all I'm gonna miss is NFS:Rivals

Best Buy here in Greenwood Indiana (it is the SouthSide of Indianapolis) has people lined up all the way down the front of one side of the store. Of course they are somewhat spread out, some sitting, some standing. They are not all on top of each other or anything. But there are at least 25- 30 there.

I have my system preordered there. You know what I am doing? Going to BW3 right now to get some wings, have a few brews, watch the first half of the Colts Game. Then I will wonder over sometime after 10pm with my preorder.

They have already sent me 2 emails saying they have my system, so I am not worried at all. I am going to enjoy the night.

Top Bottom