• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Phalanx92

About 10 people in line here and one of the GS employees came out to count everyone asking who pre ordered and who didn't. Then someone asks if there will be enough for everyone there and he says yes. Now we play the waiting game...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My PS4 is in Vernon, California, which is about 6 miles from my house, but I'm at work! LOL. Ah well, I can definitely wait until tomorrow, which is probably when UPS will deliver it. If I was getting off at my regular time, 5pm, I'd try and swing by there and pick it up myself.

BUT I won't be off work until 9PM tonight, and then I'm working again from 8am-9pm tomorrow, then I'm coming in for overtime on Saturday and Sunday, although we were initially supposed to be done with OT, so I don't know when I'm going to get some quality time with my PS4. We should have our game submitted by the 19th, but I'm not holding my breath. We'll probably still be in crunch time until the Thanksgiving holiday. At least then I'll have a good 4 days to play around with it!

There was no way I was going to bother with a midnight launch. I'm getting too old for this shit. /Murtaugh.

At least my wife will be home to set it all up tomorrow while I'm at work. Hopefully by the time I get home, all the stuff I need downloaded will be done and done.

Fourth person in line at a Gamespot I went to in the ghetto. Arrived around 4:30. They are doing tickets at 6:00. It's happening.

Secured my PS4 at Gamestop by only waiting 90 minutes! Will probably drive out there around 10 or so to hang out/wait to pick it up at midnight. Funny thing is they had a separate line for people that had already pre-ordered so I actually picked up my ticket before almost all of them lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm undecided on these three:

Battlefield 4
Killzone SF
Assassins Creed IV

I have GS credit that I want to use so the Target deal is no good to me

Killzone. Get the game that was designed specifically for this system. I'm not even a big FPS guy but I wanted to get a game that was designed to utilize the most out of the PS4 at launch and I believe Guerilla did that.

With how late UPS has been in delivering my games from Amazon this past week, looks like I'm likely to get my PS4 at like 3PM tomorrow.

Used to be guaranteed a noon delivery man.

kinggroin

Banned
Last pic for the night. Lonely over here.

download_20131114_1932os6a.jpg

Good luck to everyone!

Ilive1up

i hope ups doesn't deliver my ps4 until like 530 or so, cuz if it comes early and i'm not home that means i have to drive to the main ups place and pick it up there. it's not that far, but just annoying.

Looked like there was a bunch of people at the GameStop by my house. It's one of the larger ones in the Bay Area, though, complete with a stage / demo area in the back.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
#11 at Gamestop for tonight. Probably about 30-35 people in the line for preorders with another 15 or so for non-preorders.

This should go pretty smoothly.

Just got my shipped email from Amazon. Looks like overnight via Fed Ex.

Got Killzone delivered Tuesday, Knack and Battlefield 4 were delivered Wednesday. Thinking about stopping somewhere to look for a camera, the playroom looks kind of neat and I would probably use it for streaming like the other million people who will be.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
On the eve before launch and I have no idea whether I want to grab my preordered unit. I really should save money...... But dat next gen hype ....... The temptation to be catapulted into the future tomorrow is so great!

ckohler

I'm #15 at my mall GameStop. There were about 40 people waiting to prepay when I left.

This store will just be calling our numbers starting at midnight for preorders. No second line. I'll arrive at ten till and be in and out in 5 minutes.

DietRob

On the eve before launch and I have no idea whether I want to grab my preordered unit. I really should save money...... But dat next gen hype ....... The temptation to be catapulted into the future tomorrow is so great!

Even if you try to hold off by this time tomorrow you will be so overcome by hype and jealousy from all the posts here that you will pick it up. Screw money, eat ramen noodles for a month.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Even if you try to hold off by this time tomorrow you will be so overcome by hype and jealousy from all the posts here that you will pick it up. Screw money, eat ramen noodles for a month.
Probably true!! ;(

I called my local Gamestop to see how many extra units, if they had any. Clerk says yes, and I proceed to fly in my car to the store. I arrive asking how many un preordered they had left, and tells me 2. I look to my left and there is just one guy chilling watching Netflix on his phone on a little stool. I then am brought a chair :). This was at 4:30. Just got home with my receipt and am #18 with Battlefield 4 and Killzone SF on my desk.

Best Buy here in Greenwood Indiana (it is the SouthSide of Indianapolis) has people lined up all the way down the front of one side of the store. Of course they are somewhat spread out, some sitting, some standing. They are not all on top of each other or anything. But there are at least 25- 30 there.

I have my system preordered there. You know what I am doing? Going to BW3 right now to get some wings, have a few brews, watch the first half of the Colts Game. Then I will wonder over sometime after 10pm with my preorder.

They have already sent me 2 emails saying they have my system, so I am not worried at all. I am going to enjoy the night.
Wow.. The Bloomington, IN Best Buy only had two people in line (in tents) @ 4:30PM. Though that was the line for people who didn't have a preorder. I figured there'd be more actually. Oh well I got my preorder and am all good. I plan to watch the Colts game too & then head over close to midnight. Go Colts!

U2NUMB

Well went in and finished paying off my PS4 and got my number for tonight (#18). I like that they allow this well before midnight.. should be in and out.

I did upset the line when I got up there and along with my PS4 and a couple games I asked for a .. Xbox One controller. They booed me..

Fun crowd.. now I have to stay awake.. been a long day!

DietRob

Iacobellis

Thanks for posting but I don't even think I want to watch it at this point. Would have been great to have about a week ago but I'm 4 hours away from picking it up and would rather experience it for myself.

But yea somebody should make a thread if there isn't already.

This is will be my first console since the PSP that I haven't played before getting it. The DS4 is going to feel so new to me.

Does anyone know where in the store you go to look at your downloads? I just want to make sure that things I downloaded from the internet PSN Store downloaded to my ps4 automatically or if I have to initiate them.

Top Bottom