• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

TriGen

Did anybody that's been to GameStop get asked about a warranty? I'd consider getting one if it wasn't too much money, but I have a limit of about $40 on a warranty. I don't mind being safe, but I rarely ever actually use one so I'm curious if they are offering and for how much.

Just got back from Gamestop here in Brooklyn. Was number 55 of like 80 or so. Really dumb way of doing a console launch, IMO... gotta go back at 12:30 or so when my number gets called.

Helscream

Banned
I just bought a Walk-In unit at gamestop around 6:30pm CST. I could have spent all night going to place to place, but I struck gold with my first stop. Truly God parted the red sea!

WOOT! MY BODY IS READY!

Gaf why?
OXtcWKI.jpg

Helscream

Banned
Did anybody that's been to GameStop get asked about a warranty? I'd consider getting one if it wasn't too much money, but I have a limit of about $40 on a warranty. I don't mind being safe, but I rarely ever actually use one so I'm curious if they are offering and for how much.

I bought a one year warranty for $39.99 here in Texas. I normally don't do warranties, but I felt one year was good for now.

Someone on CAG said that it was 1 year for $40 and 2 years for $60. And it's a one time replacement.
Sounds like a good deal, I might get the 1 year.

AmyS

Chicago-Area GAF reporting in:

Holy Fuck!

I called the GameStop that's ~1.5 miles from my place at about 11:00 am (CST) they said I could wait at the store and at 6:00pm they would know if they have any extra PS4's beyond those that pre-ordered. Asked if anyone was already waiting,
"only 1 person". I got there as fast as I could. Still only 1 person ahead of me. Waited.
Waited. Hardly anyone showed up to wait for a PS4, for hours. Mostly those doing trade-ins or paying off their PS4s.

The last 2 hours before 6:00pm I'd say maybe 15-20 people were there wanting to know if they could get the console.

GS formed lines at 5:30 for those that preordered and those that did not.

At 6:00 I was carefully watching the faces of the GS staff. I couldn't really read into them. The person ahead of me got to pay for a PS4. Then I did too!

I cannot fucking believe it. Sony must have made a metric fuck ton of systems.

I bought:

-PS4
-1 year GS warranty
-Battlefield 4
-Killzone: Shadowfall
-1 year PlayStation Plus

Going back to GS at around 11:00 ~ 11:15.
Thinking about also getting Need For Speed Rivals (hey its using Frostbite 3 right? yeah it's 30fps but so what.

Going to take a cab there and back.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I paid mine off, I waited since 8 in the morning and people didn't start rolling in until 4-5. Great to hear most of the demand was killed off by pre-orders.

And my BF4 and Killzone came in from amazon, I am so ready. Decided to come back home, take a shower, and download Senran Kagura in the meantime. the fun has just begun guys.

TriGen

Thanks for the responses about the warranties everyone. I guess I'll be safe and get one -- and if I never need it I'll be just be happy that I got a good PS4 instead of being upset that I bought a warranty I didn't end up needing. Win, win.

Ripclawe

Banned
BB says not to come till 10 pm with my preorder ticket and people are already lining up now.. I am going to be bitter by the time I get it.

FaintDeftone

I'm #9 at my GameStop and I arrived at around 5:45 p.m.

I'm going to head back around 11:30. They're letting people into the store 10 at a time so I'm in the first group.

Cheech

I don't see BF4 in there!

Yeah, BF4 is the highest rated PS4 launch title! What gives? Heh.

And I personally think Madden looked ok. Not as good as FIFA, but no shock there. The AI seems substantially improved. I might double dip if I can get it cheap.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, so NFS is tomorrow? Guess I should have waited till then to do the 2for1 Target deal. Had gotten BF4, AC4, and Killzone. NFS looked interesting, and didn't see that Lego Marvel game, which I kind of wouldn't mind trying.

nikos

Hmm, so NFS is tomorrow? Guess I should have waited till then to do the 2for1 Target deal. Had gotten BF4, AC4, and Killzone. NFS looked interesting, and didn't see that Lego Marvel game, which I kind of wouldn't mind trying.

I got NFS at Target, but the guy working there said that most Targets aren't putting them out until tomorrow. You can always exchange a game if you haven't opened it.

No. 7 is my lucky number. Got KZ, NFS and Knack in hand. I picked up my brand new Vita today, too. Downloading the firmware update to USB now.

I'm ready GAF! Been a long wait since early February....

PrimeRib_

Anyone else preorder at best buy? I ordered mine online, with in-store pickup and received the email that my system is ready to be picked up at midnight launch. I'm hearing stories for GameStop and how they presold systems to those in line at 6, to get a ticket and a time to come back and pickup the system closer to midnight - my question is if Best Buy is doing the same? It's 8:30 EST and I was going to wait till 11 to head over and lineup - does it make sense to head over now?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I got NFS at Target, but the guy working there said that most Targets aren't putting them out until tomorrow. You can always exchange a game if you haven't opened it.

sweet, haven't opened any of them yet, I'll try this tomorrow or Saturday. Though, thinking, not sure which to give up. Probably BF4, as I think I'd rather just do PC for that, eventually, on Steam Sale.

Vita talk reminds me, guess I should charge it up and get the firmware started :lol

SRTtoZ

Yeah, BF4 is the highest rated PS4 launch title! What gives? Heh.

And I personally think Madden looked ok. Not as good as FIFA, but no shock there. The AI seems substantially improved. I might double dip if I can get it cheap.

Target doesnt have BF4 on display yet. I went earlier and grabbed KZSF, NFS Rivals and NBA2k14. Grabbed BF4 at Gamestop tho.

Top Bottom