• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
There's so much more about it we don't like. Flopping for instance, is just despicable.

Personally, I love soccer. Supporter of my hometown Philadlphia Union, and of Arsenal FC ever since I was introduced by an italian friend to the sport.

Also, it's just not on TV enough.

Yeah, the whole 'diving' issue is a little vague really. Sometimes it's legitimate because the player has definitely been fowled and he wants to draw attention to the referee (set pieces are an integral part of the game) and some are just bad sportsmanship trying to take advantage of the situation.

DoctorZ

I wish mine did that. Instead they let everyone who DIDNT have a preorder go to the front of the line first.

Wow, that sucks. They're still out there all excited. At least u don't have to wait until midnight, but they'll get one. At least they are giving preorders priority here which is nice.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So mad my amazon one is still shipping now despite ordering during the sony press conference.

If it doesn't come tomorrow I'm just going to return it for refund out if spite when it comes fuck that.

DoctorZ

The line here is pretty un impressive, 6 guys discussing if they can play GTAV on PS4. "Not even with the old graphics?" At least they're excited.

Thanks for all the kind words from all the Gaffers outside of North America who are sending us well wishes. We will be rooting for you when your time comes.

Strider

There's so much more about it we don't like. Flopping for instance, is just despicable.

Personally, I love soccer. Supporter of my hometown Philadlphia Union, and of Arsenal FC ever since I was introduced by an italian friend to the sport.

Also, it's just not on TV enough.

Flopping? It's annoying but I really don't think that's any reason a person doesn't like the sport over here. The NBA has tons of flopping and it's more popular than ever.

Also yea up to this point soccer has gotten no coverage over here, but the NBC coverage of the premier league has been fantastic IMO and should help grow the sport.

Radec

They even have cosplayers in NY
BZEp2AnIYAAkOVa.jpg:large

My Gamestop is a ghost town. =D

They said the majority of people called to pick it up tomorrow. It should be in and out. Wooooo. HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Just pissed i didn't get my amazon games till tomorrow. I'll probably play Resogun all night.

Holyyyyyshit at that Knack costume. 0.0

inpired_1ne

Neo Member
A guy in a lawn chair has been sleeping in front of our EB games since like 1pm today. That southern dedication.

Some dude was there since yesterday morning in the non pre order line. They had 13 non pre ordered units. Manager from game stop said he felt bad for him so he gave him a chair, and it was about 10 degrees last night in jersey..

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Stopped in at my GS for a few minutes, there were maybe 15 people in line. This was around 5pm, they had a PS4 kiosk in the store but the control wouldn't work.

Crimmy

So I went to best buy just to check things out, and this guy asks me 'do I really want one' and I told him "yes but not to wait in the cold for" and this fool really tried to sell me his spot in line. I told him to ease up and I can 'wait until I can get it for retail' and his reply was "Just trying to look out for you bro." Ughh, no you aren't you are looking out to make a profit for something you may not even get being that you are #48 in line at best buy.

The Scalpers are really in full force. I highly doubt the prices increase after its officially released.

fade_

I might just break down and get the camera even though theres nothing except playroom to play with it. Thing is just too cool.

RetroMG

I really wanted to go out tonight, but my paycheck doesn't come in until tomorrow to finish paying it off. Guess I'll hit Gamestop in the morning.

Cloudy

Banned
Finally got a chance to try one out today at BB. This is easily the best controller Sony's ever made. Damn demo somehow got stuck in a loop of Octodad though (Why would anyone play this junk?). No one could figure out how to get it back to the main menu lol

Ozone

Finally got a chance to try one out today at BB. This is easily the best controller Sony's ever made. Damn demo somehow got stuck in a loop of Octodad though (Why would anyone play this junk?). No one could figure out how to get it back to the main menu lol
Oh hell no, you did not just talk shit about Octodad.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Got my games tonight! Killzone, BF4, and Knack are all ready to go. Too bad I work both jobs tomorrow and won't be home until 10pm :(

Majanew

Banned
Just got back from GameStop. I'm #28. I went ahead a got their 1-year warranty for $30. Even the people in there were talking about the bricking firmware.

Giggzy

Anyone do Will Call with UPS for their online order? I did and plan on picking it up first thing at 10AM tomorrow. I hope it works out and they don't accidentally put it on the truck, lol.

Went;

Ps4 stand
Need for Speed
NBA 2k14
Battlefield 4
Killzone
Assassins Creed IV

Wanted a charging station but everywhere only stocked that Power A officially licensed one. I want the real one.

Ozone

My PS4 and games are coming via Amazon, but I stopped by Best Buy tonight to grab a camera. So... it's almost like I got my PS4... right? :(

Just pissed i didn't get my amazon games till tomorrow. I'll probably play Resogun all night.

Just came back from mine, #17(hooray for only waiting 30 minutes!). I have to wait for my games til tomorrow as well. The game I've been most anticipating, BF4, I was going to buy on Black Friday but no. The only retail game I have right now is Call of Duty: Ghosts. I am not making that my first next-gen game.

I caved. I bought Battlefield 4. And I'm excited as hell now!

Phalanx92

Hey, don't hate on a perfectly normal dad!

On topic, got my console paid off and now I'm waiting till midnight. ..oh god.

Top Bottom