• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Reszo

Check it out guys, Amazon are getting more PS4's tonigt at 12 AM EST
4le0.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
I'll be streaming an unboxing with Fungo from Youtube tomorrow night at 7pm central. If anybody has random questions about it, give them to me and I can answer them tomorrow night. I'm sure a lot of stuff has already been answered, but random questions like "Are the sticks super weak?"

I made sure this was ok with the mods first just to make sure, but it'll be on Fungo's Twitch Channel here:
http://www.twitch.tv/dustfungo

ivdg1mt6AJxDB.gif

-NeoTB1-

He didn't sell me that line. There were customers there talking about it. My luck: 4 dead 360s, 1 dead PS3, 3 dead PS2s. Not taking a chance.

Ouch. Man, that's a lot of bad luck. :(

I don't mean to brag, but I have only had one console ever fail on me in my 30+ years of gaming. Launch 360. RRoD. I guess I'm just very fortunate in that regard.

GopherD

There are times to throw off all cryptic pretence. Now seems like one of those. I don't need to hide from the ninjas for this.

Next gen is here. The next wave of gamers gets to experience what is now my fifth launch.

To all the people lining up in the cold, you are why this industry still survives. To those waiting anxiously for the chance to pick up a console tonight, counting their place in the line, bless you. To those madly hitting f5 on every thread for the news, this is your night. Even should you have decided to buy an X1 instead, tonight is for all of you too and the journey will continue next week.

Devs have madly been toiling not just on trying to make sense of barren launch environments but to try and start the revolution toward something better. Some will do better than others, but the journey has begun.They strive to keep healthy the medium we all love.

Sometimes the suits won't hear the message and try to change the landscape on our behalf. But in the end we still have control over the direction of this ship. Never believe that good enough is good enough.

Demand better.

Same say this is the last console gen. To quote a favourite, if this is going to be our end, I would have us make such an end, to be worthy of remembrance.

viveks86

There are times to throw off all cryptic pretence. Now seems like one of those. I don't need to hide from the ninjas for this.

Next gen is here. The next wave of gamers gets to experience what is now my fifth launch.

To all the people lining up in the cold, you are why this industry still survives. To those waiting anxiously for the chance to pick up a console tonight, counting their place in the line, bless you. To those madly hitting f5 on every thread for the news, this is your night. Even should you have decided to buy an X1 instead, tonight is for all of you too and the journey will continue next week.

Devs have madly been toiling not just on trying to make sense of barren launch environments but to try and start the revolution toward something better. Some will do better than others, but the journey has begun.They strive to keep healthy the medium we all love.

Sometimes the suits won't hear the message and try to change the landscape on our behalf. But in the end we still have control over the direction of this ship. Never believe that good enough is good enough.

Demand better.

Same say this is the last console gen. To quote a favourite, if this is going to be our end, I would have us make such an end, to be worthy of remembrance.

Amen!

legacyzero

Banned

Demand better.

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN

SRTtoZ

Demand better.

Demand better.

amen brotha :)

Jedi2016

Online order FTW.... Lol at the people standing in line.

All those people who will... who will get their console tonight and um... be home playing... um.. way before mine comes in the uh.. in the mail tomorrow.. tomorrow afternoon.

Fuck.

I'm torn, help me out GAF:

Long story short, I picked up 3 games at Target because I had a feeling the 30% off + buy two get one deal wouldn't last long (looks like I chose wisely). They didn't have much in stock, so I find myself with both Killzone and Battlefield. I really do not want to split my time between two FPS's. On the one hand, Killzone is shiny and beautiful. On the other hand, it seems (emphasis on seems because I've never played either a KZ or BF game) that BF4 will have the more robust, longer lasting multiplayer experience.

Thoughts?

Revoh

Demand better.

na26EQr.gif

Parablank

Demand better.

I admit I teared up a little

Avadon

Neo Member

Demand better.

AMEN!!!

GameSeeker

Demand better.

Thank you Gopher. Never stop posting.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Demand better.

iUPNM0Hg9F5n2.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Demand better.

Thanks, Gopher! Great post as always.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Demand better.

Man, every single time you post it makes me excited. I can't wait to get my console tomorrow. Good luck to you and everyone else.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Demand better.

Oh yeah.

Top Bottom