• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

FINALBOSS

Banned
Software updated successfully.

I made sure not to touch shit. Just signed in to PSN.

Also, did Cameras sell fast at your store? Shit were sold out wicked fast.

SeanR1221

Got nervous after the update.

It was just glowing white. I pressed the ps button on the controller. It turned on installed the update and then turned off again. Got nervous again turned it on and now it's fine.

I'm surprised it didn't auto reboot

bennycash

Neo Member
Hmmm... getting a message while downloading the update, "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit (NW-31200-6).

Tried a few times to download the update and this pops up every time.

FaintDeftone

I put it in safe mode and now its reinstalling the update. When it finished the update, it shut itself off and never rebooted, even after I waited over 10 minutes. I turned it back on and tried to interact with the interface and it would beep twice and shut itself down. Did it twice.

I'm wondering if the update failed and when it tried to access something new, it would just shut down? Hopefully this is a false alarm after this reinstalls.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Got nervous after the update.

It was just glowing white. I pressed the ps button on the controller. It turned on installed the update and then turned off again. Got nervous again turned it on and now it's fine.

I'm surprised it didn't auto reboot

It does, you have to be patient.

Resogun downloaded SUPER fast.

WIll updating thru USB make the odds of brick lesser? If yes, then folks update thru a USB. My ps3 bricked once over a wifi update and since then started using USB and it never happened again.

FWIW someone just said on Twitter that the problem is the cheap-ass HDMI cables Sony packed in are bending the pins on the PS4's port. I'm gonna use my own cable to be on the safe side.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Is Need for Speed Rivals on the PSN store? I'm having a hard time finding it at stores and just want to download it tomorrow.

alba

Little is the new Big
Just got home from Best Buy with my PS4. Used my neighbors pre order since he didn't have the budget for it at this time and it was actually organized nicely, went by really fast and they had plenty of supplies. Installing the update right now then right off to play some 2K14 before bed :)

I'm so excited right now :D

Skunkers

Hooked up my friends ps4, update went fairly smoothly but it keeps getting stuck at Please Wait when trying to log in to PSN. Anyone else having trouble getting on?

Mik317

FWIW someone just said on Twitter that the problem is the cheap-ass HDMI cables Sony packed in are bending the pins on the PS4's port. I'm gonna use my own cable to be on the safe side.

Same. Not to mention I payed a lot of money for my cord so I'm getting use out of it. It will be the Playstation Cord as I'll still need it for my PS3 but these stories of dead consoles are scaring me big time. That's all I need man

Z3M0G

Hmmm... getting a message while downloading the update, "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit (NW-31200-6).

Tried a few times to download the update and this pops up every time.

I got this too. I had to install the update by usb. Now I cant sign into psn.

FaintDeftone

False alarm folks!

The network is getting bombarded right now, so my update was downloading improperly and I ended up having to boot in safe mode and redownload it twice before it finally installed correctly.

Now I can't login to PSN. It just hangs at "please wait"

Remember at the PS3 launch when people complained that Sony didn't include an HDMI cable? Now we may wish they hadn't.

Meh, it may be nothing, picture will come into focus in the coming days. In the meantime I will definitely be pulling a known HDMI cable from one of my other consoles for PS4.

USC-fan

Banned

Thank god best buy talk me into the $150 hdmi cable. need to thank that guy!

-PXG-

tD711M8.jpg

8nZoiNV.jpg

Killzobe installed sooooo fast. Boot up is nuts. Graphics..... Fuckibg crazy. Holy shit. Next fucking gen folks

Good to know. I have a spare HDMI cable from Amazon. I'll make sure to use it tomorrow when I get my console. Thanks for posting this.

MilkBeard

Good to know. I've got a high quality HDMI cable that I've been using for my PS3 and I'll just switch that one over if I need to play either console. Not gonna take a chance on a potentially shitty pack-in.

Top Bottom