• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

MilkBeard

I can't believe you guys download the new firmware straight from the console. I'd never have the guts to do that even on PS3.

Always download the firmware first on your computer then use USB to upgrade the console.

Seems to be the safest bet. WiiU's were bricked as well. Mine was fine at the time. I don't have an internet connection anymore at my house, so I already have the update preloaded on a USB for the PS4.

SRTtoZ

I can't believe you guys download the new firmware straight from the console. I'd never have the guts to do that even on PS3.

Always download the firmware first on your computer then use USB to upgrade the console.

I always do and never had issues. Even with bios flashes, I cross my fingers and do it and it works every time.

Knock on wood!

Dragon

Banned
Code:
Host:dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net

ping dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
PING a192.d.akamai.net (23.67.61.123): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 23.67.61.123: icmp_seq=0 ttl=57 time=33.371 ms

Like I said. Downloading the firmware shouldn't be the problem. Everyone hitting the PSN login at the same time, surely is.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So my friend and I got in easy, but I have 2 other people here getting an error message... I'm assuming the servers are flooded?

I used my free $10 PSN credit and whatever I had left in my wallet and picked up Need for Speed. I like having a racing title at launch.

I am getting network errors now, but the game is downloading. Servers must be getting slammed.

Tsundere

Banned
ping dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
PING a192.d.akamai.net (23.67.61.123): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 23.67.61.123: icmp_seq=0 ttl=57 time=33.371 ms

Like I said. Downloading the firmware shouldn't be the problem. Everyone hitting the PSN login at the same time, surely is.

PS4's on a different cluster, since I'm able to log onto PS3 just fine.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Anyone with an astro headset pick up a ps4 tonight?

I have the A40s. Trying to sign in to PSN at the moment. Looks like it may be down. I was able to download the new update, but I keep getting a connection error when trying to sign into my PSN account. Kind of expected to have issues connecting to PSN. Go in to work late tomorrow, so I'll keep trying.

sajj316

two things I've learned so far ...

1. DO NOT use the HDMI cables provided by Sony
2. Download the update ahead of time .. USB stick ready

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
An error occurred:

E-80E80034

Anyone have a clue as to what this means?

Same error message I just got while trying to sign into PSN.

No clue gonna switch over to wireless and see if that works. Since I had to perform some trickeration on my PS3 for ethernet.

Zee-Row

Banned
The white light on the console is good right? I'm playing killzone and playroom and i just thought it was supposed to be blue.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is anyone else noticing the main menu being pixel-y and not super sharp? Or is that just me and I have some sort of defect?

I'm having the same issue.

I've encountered this problem before with my PC...I have a Sony HDTV and it also appears super pixelated if I set my NVidia output to something media related and not desktop.

Z3M0G

If you type in wrong password, it tells you immediately. So login server isn't the issue. It is the next connection.

FINALBOSS

Banned
two things I've learned so far ...

1. DO NOT use the HDMI cables provided by Sony
2. Download the update ahead of time .. USB stick ready

I like how everyone is assuming these are issues thanks to some bullshit anecdotal evidence.

My Sony provided cable worked fine, and I downloaded the update just fine. Wanna know why? I plugged it in gently, and I waited PATIENTLY for the system to download, reboot, install, etc.

Linked my Vita and it took over as the controler with no lag. Freaked me out.

Keeps saying SEN is under maintenance and I keep hearing the disc drive reading

hookurs

First impressions. Why is everything so large? I'm not a geriatric.. fonts and blocks and icons or whatever seem a bit too big.

AND, first thing I did was download Contrast and Resogun... there was like maybe a 10 second delay after you hit download before you get control of the PS4 back again. It seems like PS3 downloading all over again. Sort of bummed about that.

It currently says the PSN is undergoing maintenance ...

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, stuck on a "Please Wait" screen trying to connect to PSN. Was hoping to at least get some KZ multiplayer on tonight, but that might have to wait for tomorrow.

Top Bottom