• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Guymelef

lIpMRtj.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do you like sports???

Redmoon

For the usb update method, does anyone know if the USB drive needs to be formatted for a specific filesystem like FAT32/NTSF/etc, or can it be any?

Used my own hdmi cable doesn't feel like its going in all the way doesn't look like any bent contacts got the double beep no boot took it out pushed kind if hard didn't seem to go any further but it booted. Here's hoping

kaskade

Can they make polls here? I can't remember if they ever did that. Maybe if the issue does seem more widespread we can have an official GAF poll of working to defective units.

I'm hoping this issue isn't as common as it seems and most people are just playing it an not posting on here.

I'm probably not going to be using the pack in cable anyway and just use the one hooked into my PS3 so I don't have to get behind my TV. I'll make sure to check the pins anyway.

I am rather envious of all of you getting your PS4 but i just can't buy launch consoles..not with all the annoying problems that always happen. Cannot wait until next year for me!!! Enjoy your new console and games guys!

Pastry

Banned
Can they make polls here? I can't remember if they ever did that. Maybe if the issue does seem more widespread we can have an official GAF poll of working to defective units.

I'm hoping this issue isn't as common as it seems and most people are just playing it an not posting on here.

I'm probably not going to be using the pack in cable anyway and just use the one hooked into my PS3 so I don't have to get behind my TV. I'll make sure to check the pins anyway.

I think a GAF poll on this would be a disaster, people would just mess with it.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I'm going to go hit up the line at Northgate Mall in Seattle. Wish me luck!

If I get it I'm just gonna buy Assassin's Creed + Resogun for now, that should keep me busy for a decent chunk of time!

Listonosh

Great...looks like the PS4 doesn't play nice with my TV (Sony KDL-32EX400 [1080p]). The UI is extremely pixelated.

I've encountered this issue before with my PC if I set the NVidia output to anything but desktop.

And no, this is not an HDMI issue.

Same! How do we fix this?

HealthcarePSN.gov
Nobody should be surprised if the service is having problems; seriously, when was the last time a major online game or service launched without problems? The surprise would be if everything went off without a hitch. I can still remember the launch of World of Warcraft and it was a fucking nightmare.

I will say that it will be a much bigger deal if people have similar problems with Xbox One especially since that console needs an update for even basic functionality and because MS has a much better reputation in this area and has made such a big deal about the massive cloud architecture they've built around it.

My hdmi is def not flush with the back. Didn't like snap in. Didn't recognize it at first had to push kind of hard. Shined a flash light in the port don't see any bent contacts. Anyone else's not flush?

SRTtoZ

Ok so in KZ, it feels so damn weird to be 1080p gaming on a console. I just expect the visuals to not compare to my PC and wow, its pretty stunning. Everything is so CRYSTAL clear.

Also as far as the light bar goes. Turned off all my lights and there is officially no issue with it, even sitting a couple feet in front of my 40" TV. Good stuff!

ReaperXL7

Ok so I got my PS4, and everything is good so far but I seem to be having trouble logging into PSN. It asks for my ID and Password, I enter it, and then it just sits in the "please wait" screen. Could this just be because of the servers getting hammered?

Z3M0G

Great...looks like the PS4 doesn't play nice with my TV (Sony KDL-32EX400 [1080p]). The UI is extremely pixelated.

I've encountered this issue before with my PC if I set the NVidia output to anything but desktop.

And no, this is not an HDMI issue.
Hmmm... interesting, and scary.

Ps4 update needed to support more tv models properly?

What happens if you folks try 720p? Does it look better?

Put the patch on USB just in case but I got it via the servers just fine. In fact, it was 2/3 downloaded by the time I was even prompted to get it by the console. Definitely a new leaf for Playstation.

Ok so I got my PS4, and everything is good so far but I seem to be having trouble logging into PSN. It asks for my ID and Password, I enter it, and then it just sits in the "please wait" screen. Could this just be because of the servers getting hammered?

yes, servers are getting reamed right now

Mifune

Mehmber
Best Buy wouldn't price match the B2G1 so I went with Killzone and AC4. Four games to start should be plenty, what with Puppeteer and a bunch of other games still unfinished.

Top Bottom