• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Dualsense Controller Limited Astro Bot Edition announced

How has no one complained that it's not even the same blue as Astrobot?

8FUheim.jpeg

Last edited:

Quantum253

Gold Member
I want this badly for some reason, it's super silly.

I have no use for it though lol, I have 2 for the PS5 and I rarely play coop with anyone. Then I have a dedicated PC one just so I don't need to resync one of the PS5 dedicated ones lol, buying a 4th would be double-overkill
You could always rotate the controllers so they get equal usage and reduce wear on only 1. Unless, you have it for display purposes

nial

Fess

I’m guessing it’s just a static print (?). It does animate in the trailer but they also make sure to add the text “Dramatization. Not actual controller.”..
Hmm, maybe on PS6 then. Would’ve been great! I have a Vector and EMO on my desk, the eyes are similar to Astrobot, gives them so much personality.

Famipan

Wishing Sony releases a PS5-compatible DualShock 4 in same size as DS4.

They could call it DualShock 5 and get rid of the useless, tingly haptics; instead of high pitched vibration have more low-frequency/”bassy” vibration as in DS4; skip the L2/R2 trigger-effects, and woilá:
DualShock 5 has extra long battery life compared to DualSense!

And my hands wouldn’t get cramps and I can finally play PS5-games instead of having to get the PS4-version of a PS5-game just to be able to use my DS4 controllers.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man if only that was just even a cheap LCD screen where it would blink and wink at you and stuff. I'd take the reduced battery life for something like that.

Still might pick one up.

Lambogenie

Sticks should be be blue or white and blue so it'll be like shaking Astrobot's little hands.

But it looks nice. Cute and silly in a positive way. I'd get one.

nowhat

Wishing Sony releases a PS5-compatible DualShock 4 in same size as DS4.

They could call it DualShock 5 and get rid of the useless, tingly haptics; instead of high pitched vibration have more low-frequency/”bassy” vibration as in DS4; skip the L2/R2 trigger-effects, and woilá:
DualShock 5 has extra long battery life compared to DualSense!

And my hands wouldn’t get cramps and I can finally play PS5-games instead of having to get the PS4-version of a PS5-game just to be able to use my DS4 controllers.
...or just go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Controller and disable haptics and adaptive triggers.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why do people think the eyes are LEDs or animated at all? It’s obviously just a print on the normal touch pad. It’s not like Sony would develop a new type of LED touchpad for some limited release controller.

Unknown?

Why do people think the eyes are LEDs or animated at all? It’s obviously just a print on the normal touch pad. It’s not like Sony would develop a new type of LED touchpad for some limited release controller.
If they did, it'd be like $169.

Fess

You never know. Why confuse people by having the eyes animated in the video?
Maybe it’s a new feature for the Pro and it’s about to be unveiled before Astrobot comes out. I would buy the Pro and this controller if that was the case. I wouldn’t care that it it’s just be a gimmick. I want it.

I traded my white dualsense for a black one and also got the dualsense edge, but i did miss the white standard. This special edition will be mine :)

ReBurn

Gold Member
Probably think that because the eyes are animated in the trailer while the bots are playing the game. I doubt that the eyes are animated, though.

onQ123

Alright there is no turning back now PlayStation PS6 controller has to have this standard & change with the games that you're playing

TYRiAX

White sticks :( I’m not washing my hands before every gaming session.
Lucky for me I am OCD about washing my hands before using any controllers! Even if I take a break to help my wife open a clean jar I will wash my hands again before touching the controller :messenger_grinning_sweat:

peek

Went in expecting it to look like shit... bro thats actually great! Wish they would put out more limited edition controllers.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Had a duel sense repaired a couple years ago (joystick drift) it’s not the worst controller in the world, but than again I thought the Duelshock 3 was perfect it was basically a wireless ps2 controller, the duelshock 3 is wildly popular, I think the dualsense shows Sony isn’t married to the duelshock branding and image anymore, the dualsense is bigger, harder, and most people are use to bigger controllers going back to the Xbox.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Lucky for me I am OCD about washing my hands before using any controllers! Even if I take a break to help my wife open a clean jar I will wash my hands again before touching the controller :messenger_grinning_sweat:
My thought is to just get some of those cheap silicon stick caps and change them whenever I fully coat them in Cheeto dust and grease from the pizza

Top Bottom