• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Dualsense Controller Limited Astro Bot Edition announced

JackMcGunns

GTqJHPWWMAAFoFk

Cute

I've gone back to watch the trailer to get another look at the white dualspeeder. It seems this is one is designed based off of Astro himself and not the one in the game. Which is kinda disappointing as the one in the game looks more creative. Still getting it though.

Nonehxc

Just got mine preorder in. 🤖🎮 👀

Funny thing is, I'm PlayStationless as of a week ago since I sold mine almost launch one and recouped 390$ so it will be sitting peeping back at me till the Pro releases like 👀

I'd buy it if I had any confidence that I wouldn't end up dropping it on my tile floor a million times. Really need to get a wireless headset.

Kerotan

Sold out everywhere right now. They are not producing lots of these, or they underestimated the product appeal.
Smyth's in Ireland have them. Thank you for bumping this thread because I completely forgot. Pre order in. It's the first limited edition controller I think I've ever been impressed by.

Normally I hate this shit, and I'm not a fan of the Dualsense in general (DS4 is GOAT) but I am a controller whore. Last year got that TotK Switch pro controller and this year I nabbed Astro Bot. Both of them are really neat and the best designs so far, even if the white won't look great in the future I'll enjoy them now. You can always swap in darker stick caps anyway - swapping the white sticks for the black that come with the standard white controller might actually make both of them look better.

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I'm expecting my pre-order to get cancelled, to be honest.
Fingers crossed, though. 🤞

Minsc

Gold Member
I feel like it would be a lot cooler if the touchpad eyes were animated and reacted to gameplay and button presses.

StereoVsn

Screw it. Bought it in bundle with the game. Let's see if I open it or leave it as a present :D

Update -

The colours look NOTHING like the pomo ones
Yeah, that legit looks like bait and switch.

To be fair, I wasn’t going to bite since I managed to grab the fancy dual edge Sense for like $90 during Amazon’s July sale.

tmlDan

This controller was extremely hard to get, it sold out almost instantly at every place in Canada but i nabbed one.

how do we know that vid is real? looks like the guy painted it himself lol

WoodyStare

I don’t think that video is the official controller. There are textures in the official photos near the sticks that I’m not seeing in the video. Looks like a decent custom controller.

Last edited:

Nonehxc

Better than most special controllers. Imagine the furor of a Pro bundle with the game and this controller. Madness
Now, an Astro Pro plaques with a part with that lovely shiny metallic blue and some robotic design on the white part...and two eyes in the black part in the middle ( if the pro retains such design) coupled with the controller and game and Sony would be making mad bank. :lollipop_yum:

Too bad Sony doesn't like making mad bank with easy cheap plastics but dropping hundreds/thousands of millions on dubious GaaS projects. :lollipop_crying:

I gotta say as much as it’s overpriced, I would have also strongly considered getting an Astro Bot DualSense Edge. It just makes sense.

Top Bottom