• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 latest UI update introduces adverts you can’t disable (Up: Confirmed bug caused this behaviour, post #301)

reinking

Gold Member
PSN down for a while now. It appears to be global.

https://status.playstation.com/

Laura Dern Internet GIF by Golden Globes

Do you think the OS team is that incompetent and can't spot an error that literally takes over their entire screen?
So that's it? You can just make a blanket declarative statement the only reason this can happen is because is someone is incompetent?

I'm sure every time you make a mistake its because youre incompetent too then.

ZehDon

So that's it? You can just make a blanket declarative statement the only reason this can happen is because is someone is incompetent?

I'm sure every time you make a mistake its because youre incompetent too then.
In terms of rolling out changes into a production environment that cause damage and make headlines? Yeah, any time I do that that's absolutely because of my incompetence.

If anyone else in here is a designer, did you also look at these and think... Who the fuck designed these? We're these put together by a junior designer with no oversight? It honestly looks like a fake thing because look at it...

There is text in the background images aka ads that are being covered by UI elements and copy/text... it looks wrong. If would like to imagine that a creative brief for this outlined the live area you could design in, so you wouldn't have important information being covered up by UI elements and copy/text overlays... unless Sony/PlayStation are really that incompetent when it comes to design. Like if you're designing an iOS app you wouldn't have any important elements that could be hidden by the dynamic island.

Last edited:
People complained about a nonsense issue and now psn is down, thanks a lot everyone!

I say that sort of half joking, but in all seriousness this is unacceptable from Sony. Looking at posts here it's been down for 3ish hours. For a service that requires you to pay to use it. This should basically never happen. Doesn't seem to be a certain regional issue either but worldwide.

MrMephistoX

So this is where we’re discussing the outage? Did Verizon ever get back up? Seems kinda weird for two huge networks to go down the same day? Solar Flares? Hack to make to get us dumb Americans off our phones and off our TVs in one day?

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I knew people would turn this into some “conspiracy “ after the fix. Get a freaking life some of you and fuck off.

Software bugs can happen all the time. Look at other major companies and car companies who have to pull back major firmware updates. This was a serverside fix.

Last edited:

Barakov

I knew people would turn this into some “conspiracy “ after the fix. Get a freaking life some of you and fuck off.

Software bugs can happen all the time. Look at other major companies and car companies who have to pull back major firmware updates. This was a serverside fix.
To be fair, given the current drama surrounding Playstation and given how slow they are to give updates about what they're doing in general, it's pretty easy to have a knee jerk reaction about something like this.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
To be fair, given the current drama surrounding Playstation and given how slow they are to give updates about what they're doing in general, it's pretty easy to have a knee jerk reaction about something like this.
Sure, but a lot of the drama is drummed up by the same people that then use it as a justification to go on knee jerk reactions. It is the perfect circle ;).

Assume the worst, constant arrogant / greedy Sony paranoia, focus on the worst side of the worst rumours, and then use the above as launchpad for situations like this (further conspiracy theory castles).

Last edited:

midnightAI

People complained about a nonsense issue and now psn is down, thanks a lot everyone!

I say that sort of half joking, but in all seriousness this is unacceptable from Sony. Looking at posts here it's been down for 3ish hours. For a service that requires you to pay to use it. This should basically never happen. Doesn't seem to be a certain regional issue either but worldwide.
But it does happen, to Sony, to Microsoft, to Nintendo, to Google, to Amazon, to Apple.... You get my point

Fake

Gold Member

Calm down.

Top Bottom