• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Absolutely Rocks, Says No Man’s Sky Developer

Anyone that cant stomach 700 is a loser.
Either you are kid who cant work in which case yes you cant afford it or you are jist a lazy nobody who cant make a living.
Every new phone is 1000 plus and thats every 2 years as thats how long they last and nobody complains.

Its just negative marketing against sony at this point.

YOu can make 700 in a couole weekends doing side jobs or whatever. Easy.

And it has a different value to everyone.
If this is your hobby this 700 is nothing.
If you are a pc gamer this 700 is nothing compare to what you spend annualy on pc.

If your interests are shoes or clothing and other stuff i dont come in and say what a vaste of money yet i know countless people who spend that 700 on that in a month.

When people come in here in shit on the price all i hear is broke ass losers who are looking for hand outs.

This is my opinion, someone who worked and keeps working his ass of, someone who took big risks, hit rock bottom a few times but always fought its way back up.
Its all up to you what you make out of your life and dont expect anyone to help you along.
I am not saying everyone is a lazy loser , there are many unfortunate people who barely get by but they are not the intended customer.

490a16c371c3a0810aa1d97025b1b602.jpg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Either you are kid who cant work in which case yes you cant afford it or you are jist a lazy nobody who cant make a living.
Every new phone is 1000 plus and thats every 2 years as thats how long they last and nobody complains.

If you are a pc gamer this 700 is nothing compare to what you spend annualy on pc.

If your interests are shoes or clothing and other stuff i dont come in and say what a vaste of money yet i know countless people who spend that 700 on that in a month.

When people come in here in shit on the price all i hear is broke ass losers who are looking for hand outs.

This is my opinion, someone who worked and keeps working his ass of, someone who took big risks, hit rock bottom a few times but always fought its way back up.
Its all up to you what you make out of your life and dont expect anyone to help you along.
I am not saying everyone is a lazy loser , there are many unfortunate people who barely get by but they are not the intended customer.
I don't remotely agree its mainly broke people complaining about the price as I know several people that $700 is not a problem but they simply wont pay that on principle

This circles back to objective vs subjective value and what people find is worth it or not

Most people buying a new phone every couple of years aren't paying that full amount and instead buying it on a payment plan

bundylove

The truth hurts
I don't remotely agree its mainly broke people complaining about the price as I know several people that $700 is not a problem but they simply wont pay that on principle

This circles back to objective vs subjective value and what people find is worth it or not

Most people buying a new phone every couple of years aren't paying that full amount and instead buying it on a payment plan
I disagree. Respectfuly

Most people do pay a 100 per month just towards the phone and not towards the plan. The phone cost is part of the plan. In 7 months you paid for a ps5 pro. You can do the same by just putting a 100 away every month.
Not only that but they all upgrade their phones every 2 years without any issue. Only cuz the payment is broken up doesnt mean you dont pay that 1000 plus every 2 years.
And if we go by payment plan, well there are also many options to do the same with a console.

People just got conditioned to phone payments without realizing how much they actually pay at the end of the day. And lets be frank, there is no need to upgrade a phone every 2 years , you can use that phone for much longer but again people got conditioned to do so.

As far as value goes, i can say the series x is not worth what it is as its almost dead.
SWitch is not worth it as that is truly overpriced let alone the games for it.
And again people dont complain. They got conditioned.

I disagree that people dont pay based on principle. That would have to apply to all of the above what i just described here . Yet they do pay for overpriced crap without questions.

Whats happening here is consoles were always tiptoeing around the 400-500 for decades. But that cant be sustained anymore .
Unfortunately sony once again was the first to imtroduce a new price range which you can be sure will be the norm moving forward.

Is it worth 700? Nothing is worth 700. My vacations are not worth the money. My car is not worth the money and so on.
Its not worth when i know how much i have to put in to make that money and what do i get for it and for how long.
Do i work and save up for 2 years to be able to go for a 2 weeks vacation? Is that a good value?
Will the 700 that take most a few days to make and will last you 4 plus years ans serves your needs? Yeah thats more like it.

To me its all about what do i get out of it with my money.

I mean who in their right mind expected this thing to be 500 or 600 Based on curent prices?Not me.

Sorry i am rambling here , flip floping back and forth at work.

But maybe i will make a thread about this price issue and why it is and isnt an issue. But will need some downtime to do so.

Anyways right or wrong , this is a new world and we have to adjust expectations

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Well, you can get Pro on Klarna now when it launches. Interest or interest free payment plans.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Well, you can get Pro on Klarna now when it launches. Interest or interest free payment plans.
Gonna catch hate for this but if someone needs to finance a console you can't afford that console

If anyone has been wanting this thing they could have been putting money aside all this time, heck its been 2 1/2 years since we first started talking PS5 Pro rumors

ap_puff

I agree, but there's payment plans for consoles as well. Regardless I think the $700 is indicative of the future trend of hardware pricing. Moore's law/Dennard scaling is truly dead, and we're going to be paying more for more powerful hardware going forward. In a way I think that's a good thing as I believe the lack of revolutionary hardware upgrades in the future will force game makers to be more creative instead of trying to use graphical fidelity as the main selling point of games. With AI upscaling being the default going forward, no one's gonna be doing 400% zooms while playing a game to determine whether it's impressive or not. It's going to be novel gameplay, storytelling, and art design that will be the differentiating factors.

saintjules

Gold Member

I don't go this hard on people, but I have said something in similar vein.

- Pro Rumors started in 2022

- Things started to heat up from Tom's reporting in August 2023. 1 year, 1 months and 19 days ago since tweet.

By my logic and speaking in USD monies, if I started putting away money for a PS5 Pro since August 2023 (rumor it exists or not), that's around 59 weeks and 4 days. Let's round that off at 60 weeks.

60 weeks divided $700USD price tax = $12/week or $48/month of saving. Ample amounts of time for a working individual to have money for the Pro by October 2024.

BeFunky-collage-5-4-3.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Gonna catch hate for this but if someone needs to finance a console you can't afford that console

If anyone has been wanting this thing they could have been putting money aside all this time, heck its been 2 1/2 years since we first started talking PS5 Pro rumors
They were all much more affordable pre-2020 than this global governance inflation, yes.

Phones, now that's just gouging due to the normalization of subsidizing it into contracts.

saintjules

Gold Member

Technically they can't afford it, but they can afford it installments lol.

Maybe someone wants to delay time by doing the minimum installments until they have the full amount. FOMO of potential sellout of a hardware perhaps, but it's an option.

But I agree on the latter half of your comment. It's like well...We knew about this thing for a year. You don't suddenly NEED to come up with $700 in 2 months since the official announcement. You can buy it, November. December. January. February. March. And so on. And so on. No urgency. The hardware will be there for you when you're ready.

bundylove

I don't go this hard on people, but I have said something in similar vein.

- Pro Rumors started in 2022

- Things started to heat up from Tom's reporting in August 2023. 1 year, 1 months and 19 days ago since tweet.

By my logic and speaking in USD monies, if I started putting away money for a PS5 Pro since August 2023 (rumor it exists or not), that's around 59 weeks and 4 days. Let's round that off at 60 weeks.

60 weeks divided $700USD price tax = $12/week or $48/month of saving. Ample amounts of time for a working individual to have money for the Pro by October 2024.

BeFunky-collage-5-4-3.jpg

You are right.
Also yes shouldnt be that harsh its just a reaction to some of the stupid comments i read.

We get some heads up when these things release. And you have time to save up till then.
Then its up to you if you bite or not.
No one is forcing anyine to buy it.
But dont complain if you dont buy it and make others look like a fool for buying it.

bundylove

Again.
Amazon has payment plans with no interest.

Others have paymwnt plans with no interest.
It already exists

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So they are paying MORE than the full amount.
You are, this is true. They try to pass it off as "interest free payments" but, they force you into the unlimited data plans, etc., so you have to pay a higher tier plan while paying off the phone, than if you weren't able to buy the phone outright and keep your cheaper grandfathered plans from years prior.

Since these plans are always changing and getting more and more expensive each new year.

Last edited:

Nelly_Nel_7.1.3

Neo Member
So far, we haven't heard much about the PS5 Pro straight from developers with the notable exception of the comments gathered by Sony for the official PlayStation Blog last week. However, No Man's Sky Engine Programmer Martin Griffiths took to Twitter (X) to share all his excitement about the upcoming hardware in a very spontaneous capacity.
This beautifully staged screenshot is a fair summary of how I feel tonight. Many of you have noticed that No Man's Sky is now marked as a PS5 Pro enhanced title on the PlayStation store - the only thing I’d like to say, as an engine programmer who has been through all the PS iterations since PS1, is that this console absolutely rocks.
You Rock GIF

Last edited:

bundylove

While true its also a dangerous habit of borrowing money with no interest because what happens when you have a major appliance break or an HVAC go down and now your getting deeper in debt.

It can just be a slippery slope fast
Its the same with your phone plan though.
And there you are on a contract you cant get out.
That to me is more dangerous.

Life always happens.
Happens when you crash your car and you are at fault and now you in debt.
When you brake your leg and are out if work and no income.
When someone in your family needs help etc.

Lets be real. Majority of people shop with money they dont have

ChiefDada

Gold Member
What and how long does it take in todays world to make 700 bucks?

People are on different walks of life with varying responsibilities. I can totally see someone wanting a PS5 Pro, but conscious of the fact that the money is better preserved for their children or family's future, even if they are able to generate the cash relatively easily. "Too expensive for me" doesn't mean they're lazy or poor, it just means it's not conducive to their budget.

But I do connect with this last bit.

Overall no biggie because your comment made me laugh with how strong you came off in the beginning lol.

bundylove

People are on different walks of life with varying responsibilities. I can totally see someone wanting a PS5 Pro, but conscious of the fact that the money is better preserved for their children or family's future, even if they are able to generate the cash relatively easily. "Too expensive for me" doesn't mean they're lazy or poor, it just means it's not conducive to their budget.

But I do connect with this last bit.

Overall no biggie because your comment made me laugh with how strong you came off in the beginning lol.
You know the elefant in the room is why do the people care for this who cant afford it or are not interested to begin with?

It was told multiple times who the target audience is and its the hardcore fans who want to upgrade. Its the same when people get all giddy when the new xbox will be a 1000 plus with the latest tech. That too is for the hardcore

$700 is expensive and it's even more expensive in others parts of the world But it's a much better value than XB1 that costed $500 at launch. But still at this price they should have included the disc drive.

Never doubt Cerny.
Yep. PS5 got the same accolades from many developers I remember. Some could say it's normal to hype a new console but then why Xbox series consoles were never praised by developers then?

You should all be kissing where Sony steps. They did the R&D AMD wasn’t bothered to do in almost a decade for ML. PC gaming single-handedly saved by Sony, you read it here first.
falcon-sam-wilson.gif

That's not necessary. Please don't do that.

bundylove

Are you the kind of guy who cannot name 5 foreign countries? :D (joke of course)

Your comment is very U.S centric. There's lot of places around the world where saving up $700 USD is a heck of a deal.
I agree .
Not denying it.
But let me give you this scenario.

I moved to canada from europe long long time ago. By myself.
I know both sides.
Yet when i go back to visit or go to poland as my wife is polish, what i see is people do spend a lot of money on clothes mostly.
They still have the same mentality as 20 plus years ago. Meaning everyone tries to show off on the outside no matter the cost.

Its like others said. You all have the money you just chose what to spend it on. Whats important to you.

Codeblew

That advice goes for just about anything except a house (you would be spending money on rent anyway). Maybe a car if you don't have public transport.

Alebrije

So it's time to go back to NMS thanks to the PRO.

Also the PRO Will be the Best place to play for the next 3-4 years on your couch while drinking MDew. Good for the people that got one.

Ozriel

M$FT
The truth hurts

I disagree. Respectfuly

Most people do pay a 100 per month just towards the phone and not towards the plan. The phone cost is part of the plan. In 7 months you paid for a ps5 pro. You can do the same by just putting a 100 away every month.
Not only that but they all upgrade their phones every 2 years without any issue. Only cuz the payment is broken up doesnt mean you dont pay that 1000 plus every 2 years.
And if we go by payment plan, well there are also many options to do the same with a console.

People just got conditioned to phone payments without realizing how much they actually pay at the end of the day. And lets be frank, there is no need to upgrade a phone every 2 years , you can use that phone for much longer but again people got conditioned to do so.

As far as value goes, i can say the series x is not worth what it is as its almost dead.
SWitch is not worth it as that is truly overpriced let alone the games for it.
And again people dont complain. They got conditioned.

I disagree that people dont pay based on principle. That would have to apply to all of the above what i just described here . Yet they do pay for overpriced crap without questions.

Whats happening here is consoles were always tiptoeing around the 400-500 for decades. But that cant be sustained anymore .
Unfortunately sony once again was the first to imtroduce a new price range which you can be sure will be the norm moving forward.

Is it worth 700? Nothing is worth 700. My vacations are not worth the money. My car is not worth the money and so on.
Its not worth when i know how much i have to put in to make that money and what do i get for it and for how long.
Do i work and save up for 2 years to be able to go for a 2 weeks vacation? Is that a good value?
Will the 700 that take most a few days to make and will last you 4 plus years ans serves your needs? Yeah thats more like it.

To me its all about what do i get out of it with my money.

I mean who in their right mind expected this thing to be 500 or 600 Based on curent prices?Not me.

Sorry i am rambling here , flip floping back and forth at work.

But maybe i will make a thread about this price issue and why it is and isnt an issue. But will need some downtime to do so.

Anyways right or wrong , this is a new world and we have to adjust expectations

Looks like you just decided to build your position around “everybody makes $700 net in a few days” and then just rambled around it with increasingly strange points.

Last edited:

bundylove

Looks like you just decided to build your position around “everybody makes $700 net in a few days” and then just rambled around it.
Anywhere in the western world you can make that money if you really want to.

I made my point towards people in this forum who are to my understanding gaming enthusiast. As the pro is ment for them. The pro is for a different market and the price reflects that.

Maybe i am just a different generation where i remember working all summer to save up for a 3do. Then for a playstation and so on.

As others have said. You had a lot of heads up its coming and you also got a hint of the price.
And if you wanted one , by now you would have the money.

awwr999999

Neo Member
It would mean more getting the guy who built RenderWare saying "PS5 Pro can do clouds, mist, fog and lighting effects almost as good as the launch PS2."
Everyone being familiar with PS2 excelling in those areas it would be an impactful statement.
NMS' engine being best known for making an average game possible basically tells us PS5 Pro rocks at making games that are OK.

bundylove

Bundylove is now passed out from day drinking
Heard my name so here i am lol.

Mods are kind enough to let me off with a slap on the wrist.

To anyone i offended, sorry.
Not looking down on people who cant afford the pro.

Just saying its not out of reach and that the price is sadly justified given whats going on.

Hell it cost me over 100 bucks to go to the movies. 2 adults one child plus popcorn and drinks. So there you have it. Life is stupid expensive

Last edited:

Unknown?

Man just because I say someone has a punchable face it doesn't mean I am would beat them. The context is basically that I can't stand her, I am spanish, we make comments like that around here even we dont mean it literally

Going back to the subject, I am happy the developers like the console but when are they going to make No Man's Sky fun to play? It puts me to sleep every single time
HOW DARE YOU!

kevboard

We're not talking about launch prices. Today the base consoles were cheaper when they launched than they are now if you want to play that game. When the One X launched the base Xbox One was $250 MSRP vs $500 MSRP for the Xbox One X.

just because we got 2 shitty situations doesn't mean it makes one of these shitty situations better from a consumer's perspective.
it is a joke that instead of getting cheaper these console actually got more expensive over time.
that doesn't change the fact that the launch prices of both, when compared, are a fucking joke compared to what is offered.

Show me these differences in IQ and I can show you the same differences today plus more with RT.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 864p unstable 30fps vs 2160p very stable 30fps and better shadows and textures.
meaning at points you get a 625% resolution boost (1327104 vs 8294400 pixels) and an up to 15~20% framerate boost, with better shadows and textures.

and the game didn't have a dynamic resolution mind you. these are the solid numbers

Hs2wB2P.jpeg

RGSOQJV.jpeg

again, a system that cost 100€ more than the base system launched at, and was smaller than the Slim revision. and also 4 years after the base console, so the timeframe is basically identical than now with the Pro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom